Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

rerolling charms

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by TPMdm, Jan 28, 2004.

1. TPMdm

TPMdm IncGamers Member

rerolling charms

Ok, we all know about re-rolling magical charms with the 3 P.gem recipe. What I want to konw is can a gheed's or anihlus be rerolled using the p.skull+soj+rare recipe? Are they considered rares or uniques or something else entirely?

2. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

They are uniques, plain and simple. You can't reroll uniques. The PSkull recipe is only for rares, and there are no rare charms.

3. dead munkey

dead munkey Banned

I never new you cud reroll charms.Wow. Its simply 3 perfect gems ... no specific kind???

4. rex ruthless

rex ruthless IncGamers Member

yeah, any kind of perfect gems. it's a recipie that will reroll any kind of magic item... armor, rings, amulets, staves, bows, charms, anything. of course, it needs to be magical (blue) to begin with. i'm not sure how the item level stuff is figured out though. it probably rerolls the item like it was dropped by the same monster you got it off of to begin with... but i'm not sure.

5. dead munkey

dead munkey Banned

is there a certain lvl you would want to be to have better turn outs. For now im only interested in two kinds. Large +3 Str and Large +15 life. (both lvl 9 reqired) My gem mule is lvl 2 and would the most convenient to do the rerollin for the low lvl charms.

6. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

The level of the character doing the cubing is not important. I reroll my charms with my gem mule too.

The important thing is where the charm you use came from. As rex said, it keeps the same item level, so it is just like the same monster dropping it again.

A Large Charm can always get +3 Strength, you probably want to use LCs found as early as possible, for two reasons - less other mods it can get means more chance of +Str, and also you have less risk of getting some other mod that increases the level you need to use it.

+15 Life on a large charm requires it to be item level 19 or higher, so any found from about Act 3 normal onwards. Again, the lower level you use (but still high enough) the better.

7. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

so say, a small charm from the pit is a good one to reroll? Though nilathak and baal are better, correct?

--fatty

8. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

It always depends on what you are hoping to get. If you specifically want low level affixes like the above, you want low level charms. If you want the highest level affixes, you need high level charms (like from the Pit).

In fact, most of the very sought after affixes are not so high level. On small charms, the only affixes that you need the really high level for are the top elemental damage ones. But for MF, Res, Life, Sharp, FRW, any small charm found in Hell will do.

9. dragosbaby

dragosbaby IncGamers Member

yes thats right.

For the highest possible elemental damage small charms and life on grand charms, you would need Baal or nikhlatak charms. Charms picked in hell pit are sufficient for most good charms.

dragosbaby

10. the_tree

the_tree IncGamers Member

OH SWEET LORD! I finally have something to do with all those perfect gems :xmad:

11. TPMdm

TPMdm IncGamers Member

I found this to be informative:
    http://home.comcast.net/~cxc-admin/affixes.htm

12. Stormie

Stormie IncGamers Member

There are a few mistakes on there, but it's reasonably good. Probably most important, since he dwells on Cows, is he's got their mlvls wrong - they are 64 in Nightmare and 81 in Hell. Also, he says "each cow has greatly reduced odds of dropping the good stuff; but they do still drop a fair amount of charms, runes, etc.". Actually, cows have a better chance of dropping charms and runes than any other normal monster except wraith-types.

Another egregious error immediately apparent is that it suggests you need ilvl 71-80+ in order to get a Cruel Colossus Sword or Hydra Bow, when in fact those weapons have such high qlvls that they can always be Cruel, regardless of ilvl.

I'd send some fixes to CXC, but I don't like Maphackers. :)

13. Jerkazoid

Jerkazoid IncGamers Member

the alvl is whats important bc affixs are listed with that number.. not ilvl

alvl is derived from qlvl and Ilvl.

for lvl 9 dueling charms u want LC's no higher then ilvl 20. (alvl 13 no higher)
    for specificily +15 life u need alvl 12
    for +3 str alvl 3

definetly latter in act2
    http://www.d2data.net/monster/monster_idx3_2.html

sc's from Nilathik are no longer good.. Nil has been changed in 1.10 to Mlvl92.. u need ilvl94 or higher to start getting the uber Alvl's on SC'S.. but a 1.09 sc from Nil are perfect for all sc affixs.

diablo hell 94 and hell baal is 99

only baal can drop a sc with ALL possible alvls now.. diablo will not get shocking.. hibernal or red .. he can make flamming(alvl89) and pestilent(alvl88) though wich is an improvment over 1.09

hey wait!!
    http://www.d2data.net/monster/monster_idx3_10.html
    if this is correct
    Lister, bartuc and ventor can also drop those high sc's with all the affixs

14. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

It isn't, they're all mlvl ** just like Colenzo, Achmel and any random bosses in level 85 areas.

15. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

Zoid, it is impossible for a LC to have alvl less than 7. If its ilvl is under 14 (the qlvl of LCs) then the qlvl is used instead of the ilvl. Same thing as lets all Colossus Blades get Cruel, only on a much smaller scale. So an LC can always get +3 Str, even if a Zombie in normal Blood Moor drops it.

Nihlathak is mlvl 95, by the way. He is still a superunique, even though he is also a boss, so he keeps his monstats level of 92 (no change for area) and also gets the +3 bonus for being superunique. He is one of a few creatures who are both boss and superunique (Radament, Griswold, Summoner are trhe others).

So SCs from Hell Nihly are still good.

16. Vizier

Vizier IncGamers Member

Ironically, the chance of rolling some other unexpectedly excellent mods and stowing it are more likely to be the fate of the usual Baal/Nihla charm than giving it up to rerolling for the mods you were originally after. Sort of like rolling a ccb, if you get a 299, are you going to reroll it for that quickness suffix? Ok, back on topic...