Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Rerolling charms and crafting rings?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Lithan, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Lithan

Lithan IncGamers Member

Rerolling charms and crafting rings?

Ok, In relation to the Ilevel, does the place it drops decide it or only allow it... For example. Will a ring of the apprentice dropped in hell difficulty pits be good to craft with (due to the areas high ilevel) or will it be crap because it's a really low mod?

Will a small charm of +2-3cold damage dropped off baals minions in hell be good to reroll, or not?

2. sirdover

sirdover IncGamers Member

The Charm off baals minions should be able to be cube'd with pretty much any mod.... I'd recommend cube'n grand charms though (for the skills) but small charms get nice mods too

3. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

The ilvl is set by the place the item is created. A Ring of the Apprentice can still have a very high ilvl, even though it isn't making very good use of it.

Baal's minions in Hell all have mlvl **, so small charms from them can certainly get most of the desirable mods. However, the highly sought after top elemental mods require ilvls in the 90s, so you still need Baal or Nihlathak (or in some cases Diablo will do) to drop charms to get those.

I reroll any charm I can't find a use for though. Why not? The important thing is to know when you've got something as good as you can get with it. An ilvl ** charm can get MF, Vita, Res all... most of the good stuff.

4. 2nd.Regime

2nd.Regime IncGamers Member

and clvl doesn't matter when rerolling right??

5. sirdover

nope clvl doesnt affect it (at least for rerolling charms... I dont mess with "crafting" clvl may affect that)

6. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

Yes, clvl does affect crafting so use your best characters for that. But a level 1 gem mule can re-roll charms or jewels for you.

7. Lithan

Lithan IncGamers Member

Sweet. I got a baal charm last night. Check this out. +1max, rerolled to +1str, rerolled to +1str again, rerolled to +1dex. And I'm out of gems hehe.

8. sirdover

Ya sometimes it sucks - gotta have gems in bulk but I've been lucky a few times and rerool *poof* skill charm first try... then sometimes it takes like 60 pgems to make one