Rerolling 1.07 magic items?

Darkshamangarrosh

Diabloii.Net Member
Irrc the way 1.07(and correct me if its 1.07 only did 1.08 also have that feature or only 1.07?) calculates ilvl slightly differently which allows for crazy items like +3 dru summoning +3 Oak sage pelt or +3 nec summoning +3 raise skeleton+3 skeleton mastery wands(which is better than AOFKL) and heads(better than boneflame or 3/3 splendor)

Which of those items do i need to keep? Do I have to reroll them with pgems in 1.07 only or can i forward them to 1.10+ and then reroll as well?
Im assuming magic Sky Spirit, Dream Spirit, Unearthed Wand, Succubus Skull and Bloodlord Skull are keepers? Correct? What about others? And possibly caduceus if you want something with might and offensive auras?

Last edited:

DiabloTwoinDC

Diabloii.Net Member
AFAIK, the automods, staffmods, and prefix/suffix are the same in 1.07 as current versions. I dont really know about ilvl though..

The kicker is that you can get up to 3os on magic Barb Helm/Pelts, 4os on blue Pally shields etc.

Bringing items forward and then rolling will make a 1.13/1.14 magic item. So, no benefit there.

Darkshamangarrosh

Diabloii.Net Member
AFAIK, the automods, staffmods, and prefix/suffix are the same in 1.07 as current versions. I dont really know about ilvl though..

The kicker is that you can get up to 3os on magic Barb Helm/Pelts, 4os on blue Pally shields etc.

Bringing items forward and then rolling will make a 1.13/1.14 magic item. So, no benefit there.
Well I know that. What I'm trying to say is that you can't get things like 3 sum 3 oak pelts in 1.09+ due to ilvl. Afaik it's different in 1.07 and u can

WoRG

Diabloii.Net Member
Easy. In 1.09+, when you reroll a magic item with the 3pgem formula, ilvl of output item = ilvl of input item, but in 1.07 (and 1.08) ilvl of output item = 1. Staffmod tiers are based on ilvl, and this will make tier 1 and 2 staffmods available (but will have no chance at staffmods from tier 3+). Affix selection is based on qlvl if it is higher than ilvl...so high qlvl bases can still get high level affixes even if ilvl is only 1.

Note that once you've rerolled the item once in 1.07, it will be ilvl1, and will continue to be so even if you forward it, so you can keep rerolling it in modern patches (which would allow you to save most of your 1.07 pgems for rolling prismatic ammys...)

WoRG

Darkshamangarrosh

Diabloii.Net Member
Easy. In 1.09+, when you reroll a magic item with the 3pgem formula, ilvl of output item = ilvl of input item, but in 1.07 (and 1.08) ilvl of output item = 1. Staffmod tiers are based on ilvl, and this will make tier 1 and 2 staffmods available (but will have no chance at staffmods from tier 3+). Affix selection is based on qlvl if it is higher than ilvl...so high qlvl bases can still get high level affixes even if ilvl is only 1.

Note that once you've rerolled the item once in 1.07, it will be ilvl1, and will continue to be so even if you forward it, so you can keep rerolling it in modern patches (which would allow you to save most of your 1.07 pgems for rolling prismatic ammys...)

WoRG
Ok thanks just one more question. Is any magic hell found base eligible for rerolling like that or only elite bases like sky spirit. dream spirit, unearthed wand, etc? Im actually curious cuz im about to hoard all those bases.

And you say it was available in 1.08 too and on the realms?? oh man I curse myself for being a noob and having no internet + knowing nothing about ilvls.

Last edited:

WoRG

Diabloii.Net Member
Only Elite bases...and the higher the qlvl, the better. It takes qlvl75+ to unlock +2 class skills, and qlvl80+ to unlock +3 skilltab affixes. For example, a sun spirit (qlvl69) can only get +1 Druid skills, and also just misses being able to get +2 skilltab affixes, while an Earth Spirit (qlvl76) can get +2 Druid/skilltab affixes, but not +3 skilltab affixes. Sky Spirit and Dream Spirit (qlvl83/85) are both high enough to get +2 Druid or +3 skilltab affixes, so they are the bases you would want to keep.

A few things to note:
1) in 1.07, qlvls on most staffmod items are usually lower than in later patches, which is a good arguement for rerolling once to set ilvl to 1, then forwarding the item for further rerolling.
2) several of the highest qlvl elites can't drop from monsters/chests in 1.07, so 1.08 is probably the better patch to look for those bases...
3) racks in 1.07 can drop many of the high qlvl elite items that monsters and chests can't, and MUCH more reliably, but these items could be racked in 1.08 as well

WoRG