Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

-% Requirement Items

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Idalia Snoweyes, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Idalia Snoweyes

Idalia Snoweyes IncGamers Member

-% Requirement Items

I have an Enigma (230 Strength... ouch), that I wanted to equip on my paladin for quick runs through areas... the only problem is that the paladin has 197 Strength after all items.

So I figured I would take a jewel I had (+9% Fire/Poison/Light, +20% Cold, +63 Attack, -15% Requirements) and socket it into an item. Doing the math, this would reduce the strength requirement by 34.5 points, putting it at either 195/196 (Depending on the way the game handles the math).

Having done this, I could not equip the item, still... curious.

So I socket a second item with another jewel (+22% ED, +9 Strength, +8 Energy, -15% Requirements)... now this gives a -30% (If they stack), which would reduce it to 161 Required Strength, while increasing my own strength to 206.

This as well, did not work - My armor has no Strength modifier (Fortitude) - So my question is: Why can I not equip the armor? (I meet all requirements, save the strength, which is the whole reason I used the -% Requirement jewels).

I am baffled... do -% items not work towards Runewords? Is it a bug? Help ~.~

2. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

it only reduces the req on the item socketed, not other items

3. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Correct.

You would need to get the exta str. via leveling your Hammerdin more or addign + to STR items.

4. Xenon[XoA]

Xenon[XoA] Banned

You'd be better off remaking that enigma (and paladin), or trading it for one in a low req armor. I can't imagine any paladin that could efficiently make use of that much str.

5. Idalia Snoweyes

Zeal/Smiter, not a Hammerdin, but that is moot.

As for leveling... at 87, he is not likely to get much higher.

I guess I will look for a desperate barbarian somewhere.

Thank you for the information.

6. Idalia Snoweyes

The paladin itself does not have that high of a strength... the majority comes from it's other equipment (Belt/Gloves/Ring/Amulet/Boots all having more than +10).

And he does alright... just managed his first run through the mini-ubers and I will likely make his first Trist run later on when i get home from work.

7. GreyGhost

GreyGhost Banned

My old barb used a sacred enigma and I can tell you there is no difference between using it or an archon plate, except that you need a lot more strength for the sacred armor.

I still like the way it looks and all that, but I switched to archon long ago. You only need 108 str (as opposed to 232) to equip archon, which may be only 30-40 points after torch and anni.

So according to my mathamgismic skills 108 > 232, so figure that one out ...

8. Xenon[XoA]

Xenon[XoA] Banned

run/walk penalty + massive str saved.
    How is that no difference?

9. windwingwind

windwingwind IncGamers Member

I think he means performance-of-defence-wise there's no difference, in other words "not worth to use scared armor".

I second that, it's really a bad idea to make an rw armor with straight def bonus rather %ed.

10. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

I think he means the small, insignificant difference in defence between the two different armors.

And archon plate needs 103 str, btw.