Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Requiered level of a upped items?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by GruffTuff, Apr 16, 2008.

1. GruffTuff

GruffTuff IncGamers Member

Requiered level of a upped items?

Is there a common way to now what the requiered level will be of an upped item?
    (I play the slow way throug the game with my Fury Wolf. Now I want to now at what level I should elitise my Ribcracker)

2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Re: Requiered level of a upped items?

Find out the level reqs of the original item, of the new base item type and what it's socketed with and take the highest. For upgrading to exceptional, add 5, for upgrading to elite, add 7. For upgrading twice, you have to do both of these steps seperately, for each upgrade. Regarding socketing, it's irrelevant if you socket the item before or after upgrading. The level reqs are recalculated when you add or remove something to/from the sockets.

3. stephan

stephan IncGamers Member

First, you take highest of the required level of the item you are going to up and the base item it is going to be upgraded to. For an normal to exceptional upgrade you add 5, and for an exceptional to elite upgrade you add 7.

Example upping Tearhaunch Greaves.

Tearhaunch are level req 29, the exceptional base item of Greaves are War boots, which have a level req of 25. 29 is the highest, and since it's a normal-->exceptional upgrade we add 5 getting 29+5 = 34.

For a Ribcracker the upgraded base type is a Stalagmite (level 49, higher than Ribcracker's own) and since it is an exceptional --> elite upgrade we add 7 resulting in a level req of 56.

4. GruffTuff

GruffTuff IncGamers Member

Tank you both for quickly enlighten me. (I have to wait a few more levels before upping then)

5. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned IncGamers Member