Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Request for help...

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by rachil0, Nov 6, 2006.

1. rachil0

rachil0 IncGamers Member

Request for help...

Does anyone have a SCL rig on USEast that can conquer DClone? I haven't built a strong friend base there yet but I trust all of the familiar faces here in HC land. Anyone have a SCL player or a trusted SCL friend? Thanks a ton.

2. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

I dont, but I am also playing some SCL at the moment. (Until a reset, when I'll obviously be back on hardcore) I have a currently level 40 sorceress with full tals and a stormshield waiting for her, so I might be able to give Dclone a shot, but not for a couple days when shes up and running for sure. I'm on *Talarra give me a whisper.

-Matt

3. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf IncGamers Member

All my stuff there is nonladder, sorry!

Lucky

4. YogiRat

YogiRat IncGamers Member

I'm in the same boat. I'm playing a fender on ESCL with plague/poi jav as backup ATT(I know, a screwed up build) and I just spent 50 frustrating minutes trying to take out Dclone. I'm dirt poor and don't know anyone on sc either.

We've traded before, but I don't even trust me!:badteeth: Look me up.
    *lemurs *super_lemurs *newlemurs

5. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

If you're playing SC with a HC mentality, Stormshield is good, but otherwise you'd probably be better off with 'Spirit'. The added cast speed and killing power more than make up for the few times you may die from lack of DR/block.

6. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

I'm considering it... I really dislike dying though, and I'm not used to non-max block builds, but it could be worth it.

7. rachil0

rachil0 IncGamers Member

Thanks for the replies everyone, I did get help from two nice players from East Trading forum: (Azncaliberz and IntelligentX) who helped me defeat dclone and even let me keep the very nice 17/18/7 anni that dropped. I had offered to trade my anni for a low one as compensation but they refused... they were very standup people. So if it happens again, ask them politely and they will surely help you.

Yogirat I do remember you, I am going to f-list your accounts *lemurs *super_lemurs *newlemurs next time I am online. Maybe we can play together sometime. Ditto for you Matt, I'll add *Talarra. I am on *rachil0 and *rachil1, I only have one character at the moment (84 bootstrap trapper) but I would like to start a sorc soon. Friendship is way more rare than HR's on SCL... for better or for worse. I like having access to the high end items but I miss the teamplay.

Man, a fender ... you're a glutton for punishment. :laugh: It is still bugged all to hell isn't it?

8. YogiRat

YogiRat IncGamers Member

Yep, it's still bugged. The only way around it is to not invest any points into D/A/E which means no valk. She is a human punching bag.:laugh: I would never try this build in HC.

She is having a tough time in Hell. A little bit of gear improvement should fix that though.

9. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

My sorceress is doin well now too, level 75, full tals, stormshield (did end up going SS and max blocking), sorc torch etc. Still some room for gear improvements, but shes pretty good now.

Rach and I tore up hell today, went act1 to 4 in under an hour and a half, no deaths. (helped that he had some WPs, but still).

Yogi, feel free to add me as well.

-Matt

10. rachil0

rachil0 IncGamers Member

I enjoyed our game yesterday. Maybe if you get a mal from your forge... :grin: I'll swap you my ist for it. Yogi I saw you hop on just as I was logging out, I don't think you have me f-listed so I don't get join/exit spam from your accounts. I will whisper later :)

11. YogiRat

YogiRat IncGamers Member

No, I haven't added you guys yet. To tell the truth, I've forgotten how to add people to my F/list.:embarassed: I'm watching election returns tonight, but I might get on for a little bit.

12. rachil0

rachil0 IncGamers Member

:soapbox:

Lemme give you the returns summary (hope this doesn't ruin the surprise)...
    rich white guy in a brown suit beats rich white guy in a blue suit by slim margin. Nothing changes for !4 MORE YEARS! (HOORAY)

To add friends, type
    /f a talarra
    /f a rachil0

You don't need *'s on the accounts ... I have never deduced why. :wink:

13. YogiRat

YogiRat IncGamers Member

I should have known that!:laugh: My wife (more) and I (less) are politically active. This is one of the reasons you won't see me posting much on the OTF board.:rolleyes:

Thanks! Ah, you need a mal? The countess gave me one last night. The jam is I'm on (well, near) the west coast and haven't had dinner yet and I'm hungry .

14. rachil0

rachil0 IncGamers Member

I got a mal (for 15 p-amythests ... I couldn't believe it). I am currently ISO an eth thresher. I have a 4OS ethy Colussus Voulge 12% superior ED, but I want something faster and less str required. Plus I can trade that polearm for another little fortune whereas nobody likes threshers. They like to see big numbers and stunlocked mercs that need massive STR twinks to wear equipment, I guess.

Keep your elite socketed items, they have very inflated value on SCL. Items that are easy to find and easy to trade are 4OS Monarchs, 4OS armors of all kinds, and 4 OS eth C. Voulges. Any of these items, unsocketed, will get their 4OS max from larzuk and can be traded quickly for pgems, mid runes or even high runes sometimes.

15. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce IncGamers Member

When whispering a person you can whisper their account (Hp_Sauce in my case), or the character they are currently playing on (Hps_Kayla in my case).

The * is a check for b.net so it can tell if you are trying to whispering an account or a character.

Without this I assume b.net would have to do double the checking (online accounts and online characters, rather then one or the other) before it found the exact person you were trying to talk to, basicly wasting a lot of their processor time.

You can fill your f list with imaginary accounts, making it quite obvious that b.net checks nothing when you add someone to your f list. So when they programmed it I assume they just decided the * wasn't needed, and when you send a /f m message if b.net can't match a name on your f list with an existing online account it just doesn't send the message to that person and moves on to the next.

Thats just the logic I always put behind needing and not needing the *. I have not decompiled any code to see if it is true or not, so it really is just an assumption.

-hps

16. rachil0

rachil0 IncGamers Member

I don't think two crappier characters have ever beaten diabloclone. Another one spawned in my game, and yogi popped online so we gave it a go. The winning strat?

Yogi: Chuck a poison jav (long lasting poison to stop his mega regen)
    Me: Drop 5 of my craptastic 3.3K LS traps.
    Yogi: Switch to insight so we can regen mana.
    Me: Switch to LR wand, cast, switch back to trapclaws and start chucking fireblasts.
    Chorus: Run like retards for 30 seconds while traps do their thing. On occasion, bump into each other so that we both get a little fried. :starry:

Actual footage of the battle: :jig: :flip: (that's me on the left)

Do that for 5 times, then I strand yogi while I shop mass red/blues to chuck on the battlefield. After about 30 minutes of concentration, 18/12/8 anni pops out. The best part? HC mentality prevails! No deaths. One very close call for me.

I found it so satisfying to finally win, I've had HCL dudes that could wup dclone but this one was earned! :grin:

17. YogiRat

YogiRat IncGamers Member

Yep, that was the best game of 'cat and mouse' I've ever played in. I didn't think about the Saracen's overiding the other curses. Things got better when I yanked it. I guess poi/plauge has it's uses after all.:grin: Outa pots and javs in the end, but we got it done. Thanks again Rachil0!!

Yeah, that was quite a dance we did wasn't it? :rolleyes: run,run,bump,run. LOL!

18. Samsung

Samsung Banned

Matt, add me if you have room. *Worl(d)

My friend's SCL account from very early this season. I'm using his Hammerdin he used to bot on before he went on to WoW and don't really have much to do.

I added you already, see u there!

19. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce IncGamers Member

It is ok to leave things unsaid sometimes you know.... just imo.

-hps