Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Req's for Act III skeles

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by DarkSatyr, Apr 15, 2008.

1. DarkSatyr

DarkSatyr IncGamers Member

Req's for Act III skeles

What are the requirements for making skeles still viable in act III+ on normal?
    I was thinking i could just stack points into SM but then looked at curses and wondered if it would be better to put points into lifetap or the prereqs+decrepify and that maybe those curses would give them more of a chance.
    Was thinking about a solo-8 situation And btw I know mercs change depending on difficulty, which 2nd act one should i get on normal to best supplement the skeles?

ty in advance :smiley:

2. braincrasher

braincrasher IncGamers Member

Re: Req's for Act III skeles

You should max raise skeleton first followed by skeleton mastery, because rs makes skeles stronger than sm in the beginning. Put one point into decrepify + pre reqs, however only use decrepify for bosses, amplify damage is better for general play. One point in summon resist is also a must-have.

For merceny on normal difficulty I´d suggest act 2 defiance merc because your skeletons are not very strong at that stage of game. When you get to act 2 nightmare switch to offensive (might aura).

3. Barbarrister Voldamus

Barbarrister Voldamus IncGamers Member

If you are just leveling natually through the game I actually found that I liked switching back and forth between RS and SM during acts 1 and 2 other than getting a point into CE (+ prereq) and 1 each in Decrep and prereqs and CG and GM. Then I continued on in the same pattern but added 1 Mage during act 3. Then before big D in act 4 dumped 1 into Summon Resist and one into Revive. While my Skellies may not have been completely optimised by that time the Revive already had the boost from a higher level mastery and was a much better meat shield when I really needed him. Just a thought.

4. NumtyDoo

NumtyDoo IncGamers Member

braincrasher has it right about RS before SM. you can put a point into mastery at first, but max raise skellie first. If you work it out on the pet calc, no other method gets you more skellie life/damage faster than RS first and SM second. a point in mages, revive, clay golem, golem mastery, summon resist, and decrep are good ideas before big D.

5. shijo

shijo IncGamers Member

For your normal difficulty act 2 merc, it doesn't matter all that much. Defiance is a good choice, as braincrasher suggested, blessed aim helps too. In a solo-8 game, it's going to take awhile to kill things regardless of what you do until you get some upper tier items. But definitely do what these other folks have suggested and you'll have an easier time.