Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

repost what breakpoint can i get on ik maul?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by devon2f2f, Jan 29, 2004.

1. devon2f2f

devon2f2f IncGamers Member

repost what breakpoint can i get on ik maul?

My post got lost so I am reposting sorry. What is the fastes or higest breakpoint I can reach with the IK maul? And what do I need to socket shael,shael or shael,15 IAS jool or 2 15 IAS jools. I am not good with breakpoints so ur help is greatly appricated.

Once again sorry for the repost.

2. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

If you mean for whirlwind, IK maul is base 10, with 40% onboard. Final breakpoint for two-handers is 60, thus you need 30 more, so 2 xx/ias jewels will get you there.

For conc/berserk/bash, it's a whole other story. You'd need to go to the calculator (http://stats.diabloii.net/calcs/wspeed.shtml), set it to barb, two-handed swing, and put 10 in for "wsm," then show tables; far left is IAS needed, far right is the breakpoint it hits.

-Hal

3. Phaze

Phaze IncGamers Member

Hails Halciet again, but...

Thx to Hal again for his devotion to answer questions like that. Unfortunately, the caluclator doesn't seem to be working for me, as the page produced remains blank when I click on "show table".

I have chose Barbarian Class, then "Two-handed thrust", then entered a WSM of 10.

And it comes up blank.

I'm using a mac, maybe that's an element of answer.

I'm currently playing an IK barb (conc) in HC and has not socketed anything yet. I hesitate between :

Armor + Helm :
    - BER BER BER.
    - Ias if i need it

Maul :
    - 15 speed x2 with other stats
    - 2 shaels...

But I still don't knwo the fu... break points.

Thx for your help Hal, you're a guidelight to all of us dumb (but muscular) barbos ! ;)

Phaze.

4. LunarCrisis

LunarCrisis IncGamers Member

You could also use this calc:
    Weapon Speed Calculator
    http://diablo2.ingame.de/tips/calcs/weaponspeed.php?lang=english

5. iceball_aarf

iceball_aarf IncGamers Member

For conc/berzerk the fastest possible was using a highlords wrath amulet, 3 ed/ias jewels in the armor+helmet and 2 shaels in the maul, that is a total of 170ias= 11fps(wing).

For the HC player, you can be 1 frame slower and use 2 ed/ias in the maul, the highlords wrath amulet and the triple Ber in the helmet/armor, that will give you 115%ias, making it enough for the 12fps breakpoint(109%ias).