Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

REPOST: PvM C/C DTalon/Trap Assasin Guide

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Syphilis, Feb 18, 2004.

1. Syphilis

Syphilis IncGamers Member

very good guide
    side notes :
    1 - CoS is VERY EFFECTIVE with unique+minions as you can blind the minions and bring the unique somewhere else and fight it alone. it's also a lifesaver vs range monsters as they will stop attacking. 1 point in CoS is enough.
    2 - when C/C, the WSM used to calculate your attack speed is the average of the average of your claws. with bartucs (-30) and jade (-10), your WSM is -20.
    3 - a defiance merc is very effective. i'm constantly using CoS so a HF merc won't help a lot.
    4 - you can put more points into fireblast for DS. i took it to a 9 base skill level to have 8 shots so i can concentrate on kicking
    5 - aim for a 13 Slvl shadow master with + skills. you don't need more, but you need the level so that he gains very good gear. (before that level, he will have magical gear - rings, helm, armor, ... after 13, he will have rare gear)

2. Baboon

Baboon IncGamers Member

Great guide and indeed a fun build. I'm planning on upgrading my gore riders now ;)

3. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

Thank you Baboon:)

I'm shortly gonna start playing another kicker variant, they are so much fun!

regards
    C-Beat

4. Soepgroente

Soepgroente IncGamers Member

I think i'll give a similiar build a shot some time but with fire traps as backup, mainly oriëntated as PvP :) (20 WoF, fire blast, WoI, venom, dtalon, 1 shadow master/df)

5. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

That should work very well. I've done some pvping with this pvm build and my traps helps alot, even when they only deal 2.7k. Just remember to get 60% WB.

With a shako, maras, 2 tucs and a mix of SD charms and trap charms the dmg with both DTalon and WoF should be pretty good.

C-Beat

6. Mordenkainen

Mordenkainen IncGamers Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a Bartuc's can't have more than one socket, so giving it the Strenght runeword is impossible.

7. Ayers

Ayers IncGamers Member

What he meant was to dual wield claws. One Bartuc's and one Strength runeword. Any unique, magic, rare, or set item can NOT be made into a runeword regardless of the number of sockets. That would just be way to crazy/powerful

8. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

Ayers is correct :) thats what i meant in my guide.

regards
    C-Beat

9. FrolfFreak

FrolfFreak IncGamers Member

Thank you for a very well-written guide. I'm looking around for a nice build to base my next assassin on, and it's basically come down to trying to decide between this build and Wildjinn's TS/Dtail build. While the other one looks to play fast and furious, this one seems to be safer and offers more stand-off capability against dangerous packs. One question though: What would you recommend as a good fallback attack against PI+LI monsters?

-FF

10. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

I wouldnt say this is a safer build. I DTalon PI/LIs with a T-Gods and a gimmershred on. Thats the easiest way really...my traps dont hurt them since they're LI so my only attack to left to use is DTalon. It works very nice tho...they die pretty fast :) i have yet to be killed by a PI/LI...

However, this is guide is safer if you entounter big groups of monsters. especially in act 5 where there are those small skeleton thingies with huge axes....i can kill them before they can reach me, which can be considered safe.
    Afterall, i do have my traps when i dont want to get close to some monster for some reason.

regards
    C-Beat

11. Soepgroente

Btw, would shael'ing the first equipped bartucs and um'ing the second be a good idea? I wouldn't really know where to get open wounds unless i decide to make a malice claw, but i hate giving up the skills/dmg/stats/fhr i get from a second bartuc. Do you have to shael both your bartuc's or just the first one you equip to get the IAS effect, and would um'ing both bartucs'es make them stack when kicking? (40% open wounds + 15 from gore's + 25 from dracul's sounds cool)

12. Liessa Wyrmbane

Liessa Wyrmbane IncGamers Member

Only the IAS on your primary claws affect DTalon speed. IAS and CB (and OW too I think) on your secondary claw is useless with DTalon. Correct me if I'm wrong, dear Shogukushas.

Regards,
    Liessa

13. Soepgroente

So what would you recommend for socketing into a second claw then? :)

14. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

Wyrmbane is right. Mods only transfer from your first hand claw.

Therefor you have to chose between um, shael or something else for your first hand claw. For your off-hand claw i would put something passive. For example life, fhr, dmg to mana, str/dex/vit or something like that.

However, i'm not a big fan of ow in pvm...

C-Beat

15. Naliworld

Naliworld IncGamers Member

C-Beat: Due to a lack of sticky space, I've had to move the guide post into the Assassin Builds/Guides thread, and unsticky this thread.