Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

REPOST: Perfect Storm by Garbad

Discussion in 'Druid' started by LemurSpirit, Jan 30, 2004.

1. LemurSpirit

LemurSpirit IncGamers Member

REPOST: Perfect Storm by Garbad

this is for wind druid
    Garbad's fire druid guide ("Primal Flame") was already reposted in the Guide and Faq recovery thread.

Perfect Storm: wind druid
    By Garbad_the_Weak

Hey all,

As I was recovering from my recent illness (o_O) I was thinking of remaking my wind druid to make him perfect and got curious what the perfect storm would be like. I did a little figuring and was shocked by the results. I thought you guys might enjoy.

All variable mods are assumed perfect on a lvl 99 druid.

Skill Points:

20 cyclone
    20 twister
    20 torando
    20 hurric
    20 oak
    1 dogs
    1 into bear/shockwave
    3 into lycan
    rest prereqs

Standard, with the extra points into Bear so you can shock and brag about your bloated life.

Gear:

Oak with Whistans with Ber
    Oak with Lidless with UM on switch
    Shako with Cham
    Engima in a Breast plate (yes, a breast plate)
    verdangos belt
    2 bk rings
    Magefists
    Waterwalks
    Crafted Ammy with: +2 druid 20% Fc, +40 life +20 dex, 20% resist all
    (Yes, I know, better save those sol runes)

Charms

Annihlus + 9 5% resist all 20 life scs
    10 +1 ele +50 life charms

Stats

Str = base (you get all the str you need from gear, hence the breastplate)
    dex = 186 (119 base)
    vit = 416 with items
    eng = base

This setup gives 75% block, 55% resist all, 41% dr and 12 fpc physical mode, and ~50% block, 75% resist all, 33% dr, and 11 fpc in magical (hell mode). You can teleport, have some mana regen, life replenish, max resists, and other minor mods. It provides +13 skills, +1 fire skills, +10 elemental skills. This setup would work very well for a fire druid, as well, although I would do without the fast cast on a fire.

The rings/gloves/belt are also fully switchable, so you can absorb if you choose (whisp/dwarf/raven) or go for more mana (sojs). You can also use bloods + a fc belt + fhr scs with resist all to hit the 86 break.

Anyhow, total life and damage:

Base = 2141
    With Oak = 6316 o_O
    With oak and bear mode = 9420

Cyclone absorb = 2828
    Tornado = 5612-5900
    Twister = 1185-1260
    Hurric = 2530-2645

Pray you are indoors when this storm breaks....

Garbad

2. DemonicTutor

DemonicTutor IncGamers Member

The life calc's are a bit off...

Oak boosts vitality life, not life modifier items like charms/shako/ect... So maybe your base like is 2k, but how much of that is comming from your charms and other +life items? Because they don't get factored into Oak's aura, they get added after oak's bonus is calculated.

With oak, you'd be more around the 4k range. I'm not 100% sure how the bear form life is calculated, weather its before or after oak, but then again my druid doesn't bother to use bear form. But I know that oak doesn't boost all forms of life, works the same as battle orders, too bad, or my druid would have another 1k life with oak up :(

3. mepersoner

mepersoner IncGamers Member

....no it boosts life from items. Just not life based on level.

4. DemonicTutor

Naw, try it for urself. Put on a shako, cast oak, then take off the shako. You'll c your life drop 100-160 depending on shako's +life. Shakos +life is NOT calculated into Oak or BO. It is added after both those auras are calcualted and added. Then cast oak without shako on, you'll c the difference is only 100-160 depending on shakos + life.

5. VictusMetuo

VictusMetuo IncGamers Member

LOL

Shako is Life per Level, which he just said doesn't work.

6. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

try it with a sc of vita ;)

7. DemonicTutor

whoops, totally misread that one hehe

Course noone on bnet even has 10 +50 life GC's, I have yet to even see a +50 life skill gc myself. You'r lucky to get your mitts on one or two +40 lifers. It's a nice fantasy build for sure.

Oh, and as long as we are makeing fantasy builds with items that are nearly impossible to get, you should think about useing some different item setups. Like .08 Gerke's Pavise Sanctuary Sheild. They do exist, but since noone thought they were any good back in .08-.09 where SS's DR was so important, it didn't get mass duped. Very very rare but I have seen one recently, and it gives huge Vita boosts especially at higher lvls.

If I was to make a fantasy setup, I would include this sheild since thats easily another 1k-2k life with Oak (way more with BO). And you could swap around DR from say a perfect double ber Crown of Ages and a 15% dr belt of choice. And SS doesn't do much for our druids outside of DR, which can be found elsewere, so 1-2k more life is better, oh yea it has better blocking% than SS too so you save dex, only downside is it has slow block rate.

8. ReallFugitive

ReallFugitive IncGamers Member

Actually, I think the 08 gerkes is bugged. I had one on my old old vendi templar and the life it added was only roughly little more than half of what it should have added per point in vitality. I later traded it to a huge pally fanatic whose dream build revolved around that shield. Needless to say he was disappointed when he found out it sucked.