repost of pk-ing library

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrynor

Banned
There is a thread on this. I started it. I was also head-honcho of GAT for a while, known as the Green Arse Team, a co-op, friendly play organisation. We had 1500 members, and wel all played together. I do know the difference between my penis an dmy thumb. I do not condole TPPK's... as far as I am concerned, they are clueless morons, who lack the guts to figth a decent fight. Assumptions about me, or any other rule-abiding pk-er who does not cheat and behaves like a gentleman killer, are just that, assumptions. I have a wife. I have a job. I always help my collegues. I stick out my neck for my friends. I am polite, helpfull and kind.....And I killed a LOT of people's pixxel-thingies whilst playing hardcore Diablo II. It is an option in the game. My hard work died just as fast as yours. I can make the distinction between "hard work" and "pixels for fun". You cannot. That is the difference between you and me.

Josiphos

Diabloii.Net Member
There is a thread on this. I started it. I was also head-honcho of GAT for a while, known as the Green Arse Team, a co-op, friendly play organisation. We had 1500 members, and wel all played together. I do know the difference between my penis an dmy thumb. I do not condole TPPK's... as far as I am concerned, they are clueless morons, who lack the guts to figth a decent fight. Assumptions about me, or any other rule-abiding pk-er who does not cheat and behaves like a gentleman killer, are just that, assumptions. I have a wife. I have a job. I always help my collegues. I stick out my neck for my friends. I am polite, helpfull and kind.....And I killed a LOT of people's pixxel-thingies whilst playing hardcore Diablo II. It is an option in the game. My hard work died just as fast as yours. I can make the distinction between "hard work" and "pixels for fun". You cannot. That is the difference between you and me.
You seem to be unable to see past your own nose then.

Deliberately destroying something special to someone, whether it is a bunch of pixels or a rolls royce, is the act of a sick person. It matters to THEM if their L90 barb dies to a scum trick pker. YOU KNOW it matters to them, which is where you obviously get your rocks off.

Why else write a thread where other sick individuals can come and tell their stories about how they caused pain to someone else?

Yes; it is just a few bits in a server somewhere. But someone put time and effort and was proud of what they accomplished. If they were in a duel game, then by all means, have at them. But they were not, therefore, you and your kind have no consideration for others.

Since you brought her up, does your wife know about this thread? Maybe she'll think differently about you after seeing how you have 'fun'.

Of course, its probobly a good idea if you keep it up. Keeps you from killing small animals.

Rekoc

Diabloii.Net Member
Dude just shut up...ITS A GAME. We are in no way cheating or tricking people.

We hostile...if they dont leave then their fault. They have plenty of time not to get killed.

And you relating this to real life? HAHAHAHA. So we kill people on a game...so we must kill other things in real life? If you believe this you really REALLY need to take a break from the game for a while and go and maybe...drink some coffee...watch a movie...hang out with a girl. MOVE ON. Any more posts like that and they will be reported.

HCKull

Diabloii.Net Member
Honest PK'ing is part of the game and respectable.

The dishonest Pkers use cheats to kill PK and give there victims no chance to avoid death. They are scum.

Barrynor

Banned
" It is a game, whether you kill the other pixxels (monsters?) or whether you kill the player-pixxels. It is a game, and you play it with others who pk players."

So speaketh the wife, who jolly well knows what I've been doing.

P.S. I showed her this answer, and it made her giggle, and she told me it was good.

P.P.S. and now I gotta go and do the dishes.

You seem to be unable to see past your own nose then.

Deliberately destroying something special to someone, whether it is a bunch of pixels or a rolls royce, is the act of a sick person. It matters to THEM if their L90 barb dies to a scum trick pker. YOU KNOW it matters to them, which is where you obviously get your rocks off.

Why else write a thread where other sick individuals can come and tell their stories about how they caused pain to someone else?

Yes; it is just a few bits in a server somewhere. But someone put time and effort and was proud of what they accomplished. If they were in a duel game, then by all means, have at them. But they were not, therefore, you and your kind have no consideration for others.

Since you brought her up, does your wife know about this thread? Maybe she'll think differently about you after seeing how you have 'fun'.

Of course, its probobly a good idea if you keep it up. Keeps you from killing small animals.

PhatTrumpet

Diabloii.Net Member
You've created a double standard here. The "anguish" caused by someone killing off your dueler in a duel game is no different from the "anguish" caused by someone killing off your PvMer. In fact, if anything, the time investment and feeling of accomplishment factor is going to be greater with a well-thought, well-built dueler than with some random low-level PvM char (which is what this thread is really about, not waypoint ganking a lvl 90 Barb just trying to trade for Arach). A highly twinked dueler has much more to lose than your average PvMer.

And it doesn't matter whether you're in a duel game looking for a fight or in a public PvM game minding your own business and trying to quest either. Diablo 2 was explicitly designed for people to be able to hostile and attack others whether they wanted to duel or not. With the advent of the hostile timer, the people minding their own business have actually been given the upper hand. 10 seconds is more than ample time to decide whether you want to stay and take your chances or TP to town. PKing is an intended part of realm play; by playing public games you accept the risk of being PKed. It is your responsibility to take the necessary precautions to prevent yourself from being a victim.

JudasXPriest

Diabloii.Net Member
This is why there is "SoftCore".... if your afraid to lose your precious level 90 barb to a PKer, then make it softcore next time.

The fact that you compare a game to real life makes me laugh. Basically the reason we randomly slaughter kids on D2 is because its in a punishment-free environment that was made to do just that.... kill things... i dont see D2 Pkers running around the streets stabbing people and calling them "noobs." only a mentally sick person cant distinguish the difference between a fake world (D2) and real life.

If you decide to ignore a person when they hostile you thinking "oh.. w/e its just some retard being ***." thats your choice... dont cry when they rape you because you didnt take them seriously. PK's are so incredibly easy to avoid that if you DO happen to die by one... it would be better that you just not play anymore.The ONLY time that ill actually agree that someone is being a "scum trick pker" is if A. they hack, or B. they kill you with a higher level. i just laugh when a level 30 comes in and ravages a game full of low levels and calls them noobs... because i know that that level 30 just wants to feel powerful. Now... when u rape a game of 2x-3x's with a level 12....That puts some hair on your *** :tongue:

Since im on the subject of "Fair and Unfair"... i was just curious... does anyone consider it to be "cheap" or "unfair" to get rushed for skill quests and stat quests... i mean technically anyone can be rushed... its just a matter of if they find the person to rush them.

also i need some advice for a SCCL lld zon... ive seen a few decent zons... but i never know what skills/equip they use (im not a zon kinda person).. any help would be awsome.

-JudasX

Rekoc

Diabloii.Net Member
No its not cheap to rush your chars threw hell for skill/stat Q's...It makes your pker/dueler better and more survivable.

Josiphos

Diabloii.Net Member
Whatever.

Everyone who thinks I somehow can't distinguish between real life and a game is an idiot.

And why is that the default comeback when someone brings up a valid point?

"Go get a girl and stop whining" <---Lots of thought in that statement.

Yes, I play softcore mostly. I choose that to avoid exactly the type of player who plays HC, and posts in this thread.

Bottom line is you should have more respect for the feelings of others, game or no game.

The better test of skill is to compare yourself to people who are ready for you. Otherwise you are just a backstabber.

Is that what you want to be?

Barrynor

Banned
I followed the "honorable" way for a long time. I also followed the way of the "hunt" for a long time. They are one and the same. Come back when you have collected 1500+ ears, like me, all from legit, 100% cheatfree duelling and player-killing, and only then will you understand. You talk about respect, yet you refuse to accept there is a different way, a different approach to Diablo II than your own. I don't mind if someone plays softcore. I don't insult someone if he does not want to fight legit pk's, and does not want them in his game. I respect that. I cannot say the same of you.

If it is different, you kick, without reason, and you attempt to fling petty insults at people. Diablo II is a game, and player killing is part of it. The buttons exist, and it is part of the game. Do you whine at someone who's playing chess with you for taking your Queen?

Josiphos

Diabloii.Net Member
Do you whine at someone who's playing chess with you for taking your Queen?

So this line of thinking supports my idea that you should prove yourself vs those on a level playing field. There is no sneaking up on the unwary in Chess. You take my queen and there is no disputing that you earned it. In addition, you get the satisfaction of a hard fought match that you earned.

Compare that to killing sub-par, unprepared, oblivious people (kids) on Bnet.

But then again, you're not really looking for a fair fight. Are you?
Thats the whole point behind your pathetic thread.

Diablo II is a game, and player killing is part of it. The buttons exist, and it is part of the game.
That is where integrity (look it up) should take over, but it holds no meaning to you either.

Hp_Sauce

Diabloii.Net Member
Good lord, do you realize how many times this damned argument has been hashed out? Some people agree with you, some people don't. You wont turn these people so if you don't like them don't hang out with them. They've heard your side of the argument 2374237 times and don't agree so you really are wasting your time typing.

This thread was actually pretty on-topic and informative for people who want this information. You obviously don't want this information so quit cluttering up the thread and go read one that you are interested in, or start a new thread for the argument if you really want to keep flogging the horse.

-hps

Josiphos

Diabloii.Net Member
They've heard your side of the argument 2374237 times and don't agree so you really are wasting your time typing.

-hps

LOL. I actually agree with you.

However, the reason that I post here is so that people who do read through this get an alternate opinion.

If they were as disappointed as I was, at least they know they are not unique. I'm obviously not expecting to change someone's opinon (nearly impossible), but a debate is for the undecided onlookers*.

That is why I post. But I feel I've said all I can. We'll let them think what they will.

Bri

Diabloii.Net Member
Regardless of anyone's opinion a forum is the place to vent your agreement/disagreement of a given subject.The logic of telling someone not to read something that bothers him because it bothers him....evades me.
Its not a waste of time typing if the topic interests the poster.I for one prefer to hear all opinions.

Hp_Sauce

Diabloii.Net Member
Regardless of anyone's opinion a forum is the place to vent your agreement/disagreement of a given subject.The logic of telling someone not to read something that bothers him because it bothers him....evades me.
Its not a waste of time typing if the topic interests the poster.I for one prefer to hear all opinions.
It simply doesn't belong in this thread. This thread is for discussing the art of legit pk'ing, not the ethics of legit pk'ing.

-hps

Barrynor

Banned
HAHAHAHA! You're cute. I have a masters in animal ethics. I know exactly what "integrity" means, and if anyone considers pixxels on a screen his "hard work" he should get a job, instead of play a pc-game.

Seriously? I don't play anymore, but I did my share of "equal" duelling with decked out chars. Took about 500 ears, I think, and lost quite a few characters as well. I always gave fair warning to my prey, and I for one never minded the 10-second hostile timer. I never attempted to convince people I was not there to kill them, I never lied, I always played it straight, and gave them plenty of chance to escape. If you tell them you'recomign for them and they think their level 30's are a match for a fully decked out level 12 pk, then they are fair game, regardless of how you twist and turn. I assaulted anything up to level 80 with my level 18's, and up to level 50 with my sub-18's, PvM, and I duelled against my own league and above in PvP. No, you get neither to call me on my eithics or on my honor my single-minded neighbour.

Diablo II allows for player killing. It is even stated in the manual. It is part of the game, as a whole. Non-consentual killing of characters is built into it. You choose to close your eye to that, considering it bad form. It is EXACTLY the same as taking the queen of a lesser quality player in chess".

So this line of thinking supports my idea that you should prove yourself vs those on a level playing field. There is no sneaking up on the unwary in Chess. You take my queen and there is no disputing that you earned it. In addition, you get the satisfaction of a hard fought match that you earned.

Compare that to killing sub-par, unprepared, oblivious people (kids) on Bnet.

But then again, you're not really looking for a fair fight. Are you?
Thats the whole point behind your pathetic thread.

That is where integrity (look it up) should take over, but it holds no meaning to you either.

AzaZaz

Diabloii.Net Member
I detest people joining my public games where I am clearly there to pk and thinking that they have a right to go out into the public and kill monsters for experience.

Diablo is a game meant for killing other people, the ability to level and find items is an added feature that people should be considered lucky to use.

These silly anti social kids who would rather fight computer generated monsters then interact with other living people are morally dejected and should seek help.

Sound familiar?

I vote that the mods delete the last 15 or so posts and we pretend like none of this was ever said in this thread so that it does not have to be shut down for being ridiculously redundant and repetative.

Rekoc

Diabloii.Net Member
I detest people joining my public games where I am clearly there to pk and thinking that they have a right to go out into the public and kill monsters for experience.

Diablo is a game meant for killing other people, the ability to level and find items is an added feature that people should be considered lucky to use.

These silly anti social kids who would rather fight computer generated monsters then interact with other living people are morally dejected and should seek help.

Sound familiar?

I vote that the mods delete the last 15 or so posts and we pretend like none of this was ever said in this thread so that it does not have to be shut down for being ridiculously redundant and repetative.
vouche 10x chars.!

Status
Not open for further replies.