repost of pk-ing library

Status
Not open for further replies.

reyla

Diabloii.Net Member
I like dead horses.

What is the point of sticky-ing this thread? The only PKs that are dangerous are the ones that hack. The only successful PKs hack.

On the current hardcore Ladder, people either duel or use hacks.

Nobody can actually hostile you, track you down and kill you. You have to be afk for that to happen.

Tai.

Diabloii.Net Member
That is precisely the point of HC pking, it should never be successful, so it gives us something to strive for, we can solo the entire game untwinked with most builds, and the monster AI isn't too bad, but it's an old game, so by now it's become terribly redundant and easy to abuse.

When you hunt a real person, they can ALWAYS surprise you.

I tend to get about as many ears from PKK's as from PvM chars when I PK, as long as you build your PKer well, you can handle most duelers if you have skill to back your build.

Cheers
-Tai

glenthemann

Diabloii.Net Member
reyla said:
I like dead horses.

What is the point of sticky-ing this thread? The only PKs that are dangerous are the ones that hack. The only successful PKs hack.

Nobody can actually hostile you, track you down and kill you. You have to be afk for that to happen.
youd be very surprised..

PhatTrumpet

Diabloii.Net Member
reyla said:
I like dead horses.

Just because you possess the minimum common sense required to avoid legit pkers doesn't mean the rest of bnet does.

Icesharc

Diabloii.Net Member
Hey everyone, i'm currently building my lvl 18 lld zon, decided to go the anti-charger route and was looking for some advice. I can't seem to find war javelins at all, let alone some nice stated ones. The highest char I have right now is a 57 necro in act V NM so I can do _some_ shopping. Can anyone give me some tips for where to find a nice pair of war javelins?

MoUsE_WiZ

Diabloii.Net Member
reyla said:
I successfully let a barb PK a rather expensive sorc while in the throne in November.

HAMC8112

Diabloii.Net Member
Icesharc said:
Hey everyone, i'm currently building my lvl 18 lld zon, decided to go the anti-charger route and was looking for some advice. I can't seem to find war javelins at all, let alone some nice stated ones. The highest char I have right now is a 57 necro in act V NM so I can do _some_ shopping. Can anyone give me some tips for where to find a nice pair of war javelins?
I remember looking for war javs a long time. Unless you are very lucky and you find some rare eth/repair dura ones, decent war javs are hard to come by.

Tai.

Diabloii.Net Member
Yea, just find a few sets, they fall a ton in cows and imbue them, iirc the best lvl to imbue for 18 mods is actually lvl 19, but you can fairly easily with the help of chant hit 18 on a few chars and use their imbues.

-Tai

Nirlem

Diabloii.Net Member
its not getting killed by a PK that is the problem. since that is very easy to avoid. (leave game or just open a tp and go to town)

The problem is that the PK destroys the nice quest/experience run you were in. sometimes it takes about 2 hours to find a good/fun game and then a pk enters and destroys it....

when i used to play hardcore, sometimes there were 6-8 pk:s running the 3 sewer runs people were trying to play. (destroying our possiblity of fun)

Go duel others that wants to fight. stop pestering the questers game.

and you dont have to tell me to go back to softcore, i did so a long time ago due to lag/popup deaths.... :)

Now back on topic:
Anyone tried a LLD werewolf with feral as main skill? (LvL 12)
do you think it would stand a chance against chargers/zealers/so on....?

Baranor

Diabloii.Net Member
Speed and high damage are the killers. A feral wolf at level 12 has neither. Don't bother. You'd be better off doing a good throwing barbie... a hellofalotoffun as well... get to 13, get CK boots, dont need a Hell PA as your skills are um, throwing mastery, and throwing mastery, and then some more throwing mastery...

Nirlem

Diabloii.Net Member
thx for the reply, but i think ill just try him anyway.
currently in act5 NM, and if he is useless then at least i got a Pul on NM forge, and then we have hell/hellforge. :p

Equipp:
Angelic amu
Angelic ring
Angelic ring
Cleglaws sword (9max)
Death belt
Death gloves
Hsarus boots
Pelta lunata(eld) or umbral disk (eld)
3 sox mask (9max,9max,9max)
3 sox armor (9max,9max,9max)

zeiris

Diabloii.Net Member
I've found a level 19 Leaf+Stealth sorc extremely cheap and easy to make. With a decent mid-level char you can probably make one in an hour.

Leaf (with as much fireball as possible, and teleport if you can)
Stealth
FCR jewellery to hit whatever breakpoint you can.
Socketed helm with rubies or saphires, and whatever boots/belt/gloves you can get your hands on.

Split points 3/2 between vit and energy, get teleport, max out fireball, and put the rest in firebolt. Cheap, disposable PK :)

fredsta54

Diabloii.Net Member
Time for a hc classic pk

Lvl 12 full clegs charger

HCCL is a small community, stay in normal. Get all the wp's. DONT hostile with chant/when they are chanted. They will leave. You must play dumb and act if you are in act1 when they are questing in the sewers, or the like. Act friendly then turn on them. Juvs are your friend.

Full clegs
Angelic rings, ammy, and armour
Deaths belt
Biggins
Hotspur

1 charge
Rest might
Ez

55 base str
29 base dex
rest vita

90 fire resist in normal (chanted low lvls will get cocky... and die regardless)
How to play this char?

Dunno... hostile them and hold down charge? Sheesh. +50 mana from angelics armour also really helps

Got me a few ears on HCCL east, and quite a few enemies :)

There is no other build capable of hurting like this at this lvl, and if you are higher lvl they will leave

A lvl 17 cleg zealer will take down lvl 2x's with ease, but ill save that for a later date...

Fred

asphixia

Diabloii.Net Member
I dont understand... why are all the PKs such low levels? Is there something I'm missing? Also, how do you get such ridiculously high stats at levels 18? Do you guys choose to be low levels because it is deceiving? I mean, I know you have charms and all... but it must be a lot of work to fill an inventory with perfect charms, especially if you die!

Baranor

Diabloii.Net Member
Nope, there are plenty of PK's at high level too, but my speciality was low level pks. Thats why I made the library, for low level pk-ing//duelling.

Charms, charms, and then smore more charms and item combos.

Yes, it does tend to deceive people... thats the nature of the game.

Die you must, there's nothing to it. I never expected my chars to live forever.

//Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.