repost of pk-ing library

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fremen°

Diabloii.Net Member
Frostburns said:
Funny you should mention that. I have lots of witty names reserved and in use for my pkers/duelers. "blahblah was slain by ThemDamnNoobs", etc. I really wanted one "HisOwnStupidity" but it was taken. >< By the way. SeriousdrugOverdose is 19 letters, and wouldn't fit.

something to that effect;)

Baranor

Diabloii.Net Member
Fremen° said:
something to that effect;)
A_BananaPie
A_StrawberryPie
PixelNightmare
A_BearsHate
A_FlyingBarry
Barrys_Hate
A_LillPiggie

I suppose I could go on for a while, but its dinner time.

ZounceHC

Diabloii.Net Member
Baranor said:
A_BananaPie
A_StrawberryPie
PixelNightmare
A_BearsHate
A_FlyingBarry
Barrys_Hate
A_LillPiggie

I suppose I could go on for a while, but its dinner time.
My new pk babas name: Mr-Deeds :) :surprise: :thanks:

To quote Cartman: "Who wants to touch me? I said who wants to %$#$ing touch me!!"

Too bad my name isn't as cool as if i'd seen the new Terrence and Phillips movie.

shadow-hc

Diabloii.Net Member
my name 4 mt pker will be his_grandma :evil: . this is a wicked guide can u shoow me ur ears om me if u on us.east!! :thumbsup:

Baranor

Diabloii.Net Member
Sorry little one I never bothered to take the ears off the pk-ers. I mean, if I had I'd have 1500 ish ears stored now, a waste of time, space and well, effort frankly.

Cleglaw_Himself

Diabloii.Net Member
My favourite names were:

a_LargeRhino for a 27 charger and his baby brother:
a_BabyRhino (14 charger/zealot).

My pet Rhinos collected a few ears in their time.

HelzCaretaker said:
my 37 bspirit necro turns basically anyone into a chicken. Boneprison + 1.3k bspirit is very dangerous, eth martel steel chargers fear him, lvl 50 barbs/hammerdins basically anything pre 50 is scared shitless of him I can manage to land about 4 bspirits at the same time which is 800-900 pvp damage.
A quick summary of my 48 ww barb that would have turned the tables on that style of necro. He also, to my surprise, killed mid-30's chickenhacking charge pally's in 1 ww:

Ethereal 'Crescent Moon' Legend sword
Griswold's armour with ed jewels (but Jeweller's of the Whale would be probably a better option - didn't have it at the time)
1 dwarf star (mdr is nice)
1 ravenfrost
Teleport amulet (to kill necros and sorcs)
Arreat's socketed with 22max jewel
Goreriders
IK gloves and belt
Prismatic Tower shield of Deflecting with 2 sockets from Larzuk (obviously I didn't have an ATOD) with 2 ed% jewels.

On switch - +3 bo sticks
In stash, +3 bo amulet, saracen's chance for use depending on opponent, Todesfaelle flamme zweihander for pre-battle enchant. He used strength bug, making use of a spare +6 str charm in stash and saracens in order to equip griswold's armour then the rest.
Charms - all + life and + max.

Skills were quite easy - max bo, max ww, rest wherever you like.

He had high life(can't quite remember exactly), 75% block, ~2100 max listed damage with ww, not counting chance of critical/ds.
Reached last bp for ww, so damage potential was quite massive.

Only duelers he had trouble with were 53 'Kingslayer' zerk barbs and 900+ eth colossus voulge 48-50 Werewolf druids with massive fhr so could hit through my ww.

Edit: oh, I forgot. My merc used crappy gear but had a weapon of amplify damage :) and when he hit for the 5%, omg! :) :) :)

Baranor

Diabloii.Net Member
heres some more slightyly insane stuff...

+3 Hammer /+3 concentrate sceptre, preferably with +1 to offensive skills
sigons shield (eld)
tarnhelm (psaphire)
eye of etlich
tal-eth armor
two 10% FC rings, pref with +mana

skills:
max blessed aim for level
1 pt vigor
1 pt blessed hammer
1 pt concentrate

do with the rest of the skills as you please.

stats: max block, str for gear, rest into vit.

ending result:
with this gear you'll do about 60-70 PvP dam per hammer at a decent cast rate. This is what got me my first 6 ears in the very few first days of 1.10, while i had somewhat crappier gear.

disposa-zon

clvl 15

skills
51-ish % critial strike (54 is also ok)
I have level 6 jab, rest into dodge

gear:
20% run/walk boots
two +AR rings (90-100 ish)
some +ar ammy (I got on of thawing)
3 sock breat plate with 3 flawless amythysts
2 sock helmet with 2 flawless emeralds
some gloves, pref +10% IAS but hey, its a cheapo build
some belt with the odd 15-20 life, if its a rare then even better
100+ dam pike (you can shop for this quite easily).

stats: enough for gear, rest into vit, I have 250 life.

damage: 43-170 per jab hit, with a 50% chance of doing double that, so 10-50 PvP dam.

Will this last in a serious duel? No! Will it kill idiots? Yes! 2 idiots in the 20 minutes i took her out actually, almost 3 (the 24 sorc exited with like 5% left, dam dam dam)

Power Striker amazone at clvl 16 will be doing 483 skill dam + 180 gem damage (6 flawless topazes) so 663 PvM dam, 111 PvP (1/6th)

What do you need? Oh, a +2 java skill maiden spear (6 sockets so 6 flawless topazes), ideally a twitch, deaths hand/sash, 3 socket mask with 3 flawless rubies
angelics, threads of chton (ck boots is a waste) and erm, thats it basically. One of the cheapest damaging PvP builds I've come up with in a long time. You'll have very high life ( all points would pretty much be vit except for like 10 pts, 3 sock flawless mask for +93 life, Angelics for 115, 200-ish pts from stats, 60 or so base life, 30 -ish from levelling up, so 500 life before charms and then you didnt socket the twitch either). With said IAS gear you'll hit 11 frames.

Will it last a duel? No, but with 1000-ish life on a 16 zon not many things will kill you in one hit anyway. Will it kill people? Yes, with two or three lucky shots you can dish out 300 zappy damage, so people will die. Actually, this is a very cheap, nice and effective PK build if you ask me. Tons of life, so its very forgiving of mistakes, nice damage, cheap gear.

AzaZaz

Diabloii.Net Member
fullproof pk

if you REALLY want a good pk...lvl 20 Hunger Bear....its ALL the rage. life gear/angelics and you can almost cap 150 dmg pvm! its very fast and if you play your cards right you can break 1000 life...highly recommended!

A+++!

AzaZaz

Diabloii.Net Member
P.s.

whoops forgot, if anyone knows hakka, ask him about Aza's big lvl 20 bear, he wont be too happy to tell ya how he lost his 21 tosser to it!

.....no joke 150 pvm!

netmc

Diabloii.Net Member
Hunting Works

I just wanted to say that people do read this guide.. At least the hunting part of it. I was in a game last night called "Ancients Normal" (I know I shouldn't do that). A level 76 druid popped in the game and didn't say anything. I was very wary of him with myself being only level 30. I had the minimap up the entire time looking for him to pop up somewhere.

It took me a while to find the arreat summit (since I don't use MH). It was a good thing too. Just as I was about to hit the altar, he asked a bogus question: "Do you have any str charms?" right before hitting the stairs from inside the worldstone level 1 and coming after me.

I ran as fast as I could and exited. If I had been in the middle of the battle with the ancients or hadn't hesited in answering his question, he would probably have an ear of mine.

Hunting definately works... I just got lucky.

BTW, hostility was not turned on, so I figure he was a trigger pk. He was about 1 screen away when I exited.

I rejoined the game and finished ancients (he had left) unmolested. I'm ready for Baal runs now. :)

Baranor

Diabloii.Net Member
netmc said:
I just wanted to say that people do read this guide.. At least the hunting part of it. I was in a game last night called "Ancients Normal" (I know I shouldn't do that). A level 76 druid popped in the game and didn't say anything. I was very wary of him with myself being only level 30. I had the minimap up the entire time looking for him to pop up somewhere.

It took me a while to find the arreat summit (since I don't use MH). It was a good thing too. Just as I was about to hit the altar, he asked a bogus question: "Do you have any str charms?" right before hitting the stairs from inside the worldstone level 1 and coming after me.

I ran as fast as I could and exited. If I had been in the middle of the battle with the ancients or hadn't hesited in answering his question, he would probably have an ear of mine.

Hunting definately works... I just got lucky.

BTW, hostility was not turned on, so I figure he was a trigger pk. He was about 1 screen away when I exited.

I rejoined the game and finished ancients (he had left) unmolested. I'm ready for Baal runs now. :)
prolly was an elly druid, using tornados to tppk. lame jackass if you ask me ^_^. Good that you got away :)

Corsar

Diabloii.Net Member
Btw, why is it that everyone suggests to use clegs sword for lld? Wouldnt a military pick or a berzerkers axe with 6 sockets of max dmg jewels be a better option? And how is lld situation around lvl 12 for saccadins? I was thinking getting him to lvl 12 for angelic rings and ammy.

AzaZaz

Diabloii.Net Member
you know what Corsar, I haven't made a lld since .09, and I was helping a friend build one when another person snapped at me for suggesting a 6 sock mil pick vs clegs. The 21 pally ended up having 1100 zeal dmg using clegs which is pretty good along with the critical strike...but having watched him duel I have yet to determine if it is actually better or not. I think you need to just go for it one way or another, and if it works, great, if not...how long does it take to remake a lvl 21 :)

jiansonz

Diabloii.Net Member
(Note: I have only played online for about 1 hour; I showed some character builds to a friend and we showed each other some items, so I don´t really know what I´m talking about here. But that does not mean I don´t have a right to an opinion.)

I can´t believe anyone is endorsing this thread, let alone agrees to have it stickied! To me, killing another players´character in HC (unless it´s in a duel) would be an extremely rude and downright mean thing to do.

Baranor

Diabloii.Net Member
jiansonz said:
I can´t believe anyone is endorsing this thread, let alone agrees to have it stickied! To me, killing another players´character in HC (unless it´s in a duel) would be an extremely rude and downright mean thing to do.
want to hear something funny? When I first came to this forum and saw the then resident duellers, I thought exactly the same. I was completely anti-pk. But pk's can be avoided (at least us legit ones), and the thread is here for two reasons: for the duellers, and for those who want to know why you should never fight a pk unpreprared.

Squelch

Diabloii.Net Member
Corsar said:
Btw, why is it that everyone suggests to use clegs sword for lld? Wouldnt a military pick or a berzerkers axe with 6 sockets of max dmg jewels be a better option? And how is lld situation around lvl 12 for saccadins? I was thinking getting him to lvl 12 for angelic rings and ammy.
How in the world do you get a 6 socket zerker axe on a lld? :scratch:

And to jiansonz: This forum corrupts your soul! Leave now while you still can! *is slain by a large bear* Seriously though, legit pk is far easier to avoid than most monster-based threats. At the risk of being flamed to death, I say that if you die to a legit pk it's your own fault for sticking around too long. They have to wait 10 seconds for wp timer + however long it takes to run you down. It takes a lot less time to save and exit or tp to town and wait. But I agree with Baranor, this thread is a bit more about how to identify and avoid pks than how to make one. I never even HEARD of some of these builds before I read this*cough*telenecro*cough*. Needless to say, if I had met one and they challenged me, they'd have probably added a new ear to their collection. ^.^

(Woot! The forums finally unglitched to show this post.)

Baranor

Diabloii.Net Member
im reworking the guide for level 9-18 with both a gear guide and all builds I consider viable.

KINGSPADE

Diabloii.Net Member
Hrmmm

im new here guys n i play uswest...i liked seein all these wonderfall pkers helpin each other 1 but 1 comment.. we r kinda hurtin ourselfs here..for instance.. before when i made my tele necs NO one knew bout them n i got 30+ears a day...lately everyone seems to know..maby postin the 1337 builds here isnt such a good idea ^^..juss a thought

AzaZaz

Diabloii.Net Member
Baranor said:
I feel that I have the right to post my accumulated wisdom ^_^.

I also would never deem a tele necro a "1337" build.

I've also made a comment somewhat along those lines kingspade and some ppl agree some disagree which is as best as one can hope for, but what it comes down to is its an old game, and its tough to teach an old dog new tricks.

My hat goes off to anyone coming up with original builds or attempting to make old builds work again, but the majority of pvp is cookie cutter chars with chix so its not like ppl are giving out divine secrets on here. Barry likes to share his ideas and thats totally up to him. (grats on the wedding btw).

For me, the question isnt "why does everyone know my builds now?" its "what new builds can i work to teach these mimes a thing or two." If you liked your tele necro build, we had a friend a few weeks back build a tele zon...lvl 38 and it packed a mean punch. I dont know if its been done, i've certainly never seen it on the HCL east loop.

My fav char i ever built was my 45 dragon claw asn. I certainly didnt think of the idea of using dragon claw pvp, and i was definately not the first person to do it, but i had never fought any one worth being called a dueler, so i was ecstatic to build one that had relative success for its lvl/class on hardcore.

i guess i'm all saying is dont worry about what other ppl are doing, just work on your own game and be happy with your own results. As for me, i'm content peeling ears off chicken users as long as the Techies wont take out the trash, i'll do what i can

Status
Not open for further replies.