Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

~Repost: Kaz's Flaming Rabies Guide!~

Discussion in 'Druid' started by ~Kazama Fury~, Jan 29, 2004.

1. ~Kazama Fury~

~Kazama Fury~ IncGamers Member

~Repost: Kaz's Flaming Rabies Guide!~

http://forums.rpgforums.net//showthread.php?t=116626
    this was the old thread until forums had problems.
    as you can see, 10 pages of suggestions/comments/questions/answers/testing, all gone.

i hope ppl who have asked questions and were then answered, pls sum it up here and remind me. i encourage new issues to be reasked also. damn, i was planning to update my guide this weekend. oh well. =/

i will do my best to update it one day, i am not sure if i will anytime soon now. mainly like i said, posts are gone and.... well school is truly fulltime thing.

www.geocities.com/kaz_fury/index.html

2. Red Alert

Red Alert IncGamers Member

Thanks, I was looking for your guide!

Made myself a Bramble armor yesterday (only 34% :( but it's good enough I hope) and needed a few more directions, but then the forums started acting funny.

Thanks again for the repost!

Red

PS.
    Is the wisdom of the forums lost?

"No, not lost, we're all a little wiser now. It's up to all of us to fill it again with the wisdom we accumulate from this moment on."

-Optimus Prime-

3. And1Viper

And1Viper IncGamers Member

Ya thats a great guide, I was planning on making one on Ladder but no way I can get those stuff, so Ill just make him on NL

4. Asheron

Asheron IncGamers Member

Good thing you had it saved on your comp and on a site. :D

5. rogier

rogier IncGamers Member

the build looks damn interesting :p

but I'll probably build it for public PvP. I expect to lvl to 90 or so.

what armor do you recommend for pubbies? bramble(in archon?) or enigma breast plate?

6. ~Kazama Fury~

depens where you duel mostly, do they teleport a lot? etc.

enigma would be giving you more life and more run to chase those casters/teleporters.

bramble if you duel more melee style, bramble gives a very nice amount of psn dmg, especially if you use in conjunction of plague bearer.

7. SinfulSlave

SinfulSlave Banned

Heya Kazzah! I Lub your guide... ahh, genius is so sexy!

I know you havent been playing D, but as a pvp newb, I am kinda lost as to dueling style... and, umm... in what cases would I use the thresher that I will have on weapon switch?
    Thanks!
    Sin

8. chaos9

chaos9 IncGamers Member

What merc would you recommend for leveling this build?

9. ~Kazama Fury~

sinful: thanks.
    best uses of a 5 ranger is to catch runners. ie: casters, or basically anything that runs away from you. having more range gives you more chance in catching and hitting your opponent. ppl on the run has 0 defense and 1/3 of its total block, so if u catch up to them, and are in range of attack (which 5 range helps a lot), you will pretty much get a hit on him/her.
    other uses is for melee dueling, to get a first strike. hitting them before they hit you because u have the longer range. BUT BEWARE, if ur in range 5, u will lack block, so in melee, if they get too close, switch back, unless ur sure u can kill him/her before he/she kills you.
    after mastering those basics, you will probably develop other cases that using the 5 ranger is useful.
    gl.

chaos: hmm, i am thinking Holy freeze merc or defiance. IMO i would go for defiance.

10. Donthaveaname8

Donthaveaname8 IncGamers Member

great guide kaz! the second i read it i went and made my own flaming rabies druid. hes great at lvl 85 right now. iv only lost 1 duel(damn botd zerking pally) but he died after he killed me thnx to rabies.(sucker). :xman: :xmad: :xflash: <----why r christmas smiles still here?

wel great guide.

p.s. why isnt this sticked?

11. ~Kazama Fury~

thanks, i am honored, another one who decides to go original :) even though this build might have become mainstream by now. :O

this and every other guide is not stickied because there is a sole sticky containing the links to all the guides which makes the forum less messy and more organised i suppose. or i think garb was jealous that my guide was always on top of his in the sticky section. ;)

12. chaos9

chaos9 IncGamers Member

I started a char based on this build, and I have a few more general questions before I get too far into it. These questions are not about challenging you but about helping me make sure I understand the idea behind the build.

First, I am not sure I understand how this build is cheaper than a more traditional build based on physicial damage. Wouldn't most of the gear you recommend also be needed for a physical damage build?

Second, while I really like how you build so much flexibility into the guide, I am unsure about some of your recommendations. For example, I am having a hard time imagining that it is more effective to max two fireclaw synergies instead of going with one and lycan. Seems like the extra life would be really important. However, I guess my real question concerns your choices for damage production. You recommend rabies (poison) and fireclaw (fire), both of which can be resisted. In addition, fire can be absorbed, and poison length can be reduced. Why wouldn't a combination in which you used one elemental/poison attach and one phsycial damage attack be superior? For example, say you went with rabies and fury. This would give you the same poison damage as in your build plus a high physical damage attack that couldn't be absorbed. Beyond that, saving all the points from fire synergies would let you invest in both lycan and werewolf, increasing your life and attack speed.

13. nastyx

nastyx IncGamers Member

Maybe physical cant be absorbed but I can be reduced by 50% so in a sense everything is stoppable to a certain degree. The good thing about fireclaw is that it cant be blocked from what I've read on the forum here.

I've tried to turn my fc bear into a flaming rabies one but it is too late and the dmg is way too low now. So I guess I have to start over .. damn I hate lvling..

14. chaos9

chaos9 IncGamers Member

Well, if fireclaw really can't be blocked that certainly explains its appeal. I guess I am just worried that with everyone having max fire resist and some absorb that it would be less effective than a rabies/fury combo, particularly because the rabies/fury build would permit many points in werewolf and lycan instead of all the fire synergies.

15. ~Kazama Fury~

well thing is... anyone with stacked absorb and resists of anything will cancel out any elemental build...

in my guide, ive shown tests of the damage i can still deal with those high resists, and the damage is still pretty nice. absorb is cheap, it ruins many elemental builds which is why i dont care much about getting into details with it.

as for maxing 2 synergies vs 1 synergy and werewolf/lycan. maxing 2 synergies will boost your FC A LOT, i dont remember how much exactly, i think around 3-4k? thats a lot! because fireclaws will be your main attack, so an extra 3-4k fire damage every attack is uber seksi. if you put pts in werewolf, you will only be benefitting from the extra AR bonus, not the attack speed because you will be already attacking fast enough if you use the weapons i recommended. lycanthropy would be boosting your life, but in a ratio of the damage you deal vs the life you gain from lycan, i would definately go for the damage.what good would it do if you can take a few more hits and you are weaker than you should be.

this build is cheaper mainly because of the charms, a fury build will require max/ar/life to be actually effective in 1.10 because you wont have the chance to leech back. having the arsenal of TWO elemental attacks, the opponent will have to try to resist both which is kinda hard than the opposing one elemental. fury/rabies build is an alternative, flaming rabies is about having an alternative to fury, and having a build that has fire claws (because fire claws is having a very huge hype) and with rabies (because ppl are dying to have rabies in their pvp build). also, i think fury/rabies is more expensive to be good. a cheap flaming rabies vs a cheap fury/rabies, i think the flaming rabies would win. a rich vs rich one, then fury/rabies would win. thats what i think.

and yes, before these forums went crazy, there were discussions on uninterruptibility and unblockable attacks for both rabies and fireclaws. oh that reminds me, flaming rabies is a faster build than rabies/fury in some extent. with fire claws, you can be attacking faster than fury (fury has a slower initial attack speed).

edit: PLS POST IN MY THREAD

16. nastyx

nastyx IncGamers Member

I thought this thread was yours? :)

Anyway Ive decided to build a new char to make it trully flaming rabies this time. I do have one "problem". When I use Chippydip's planner I get nowhere near your 32k-33k rabies damage. With 12 shape (skillers + jalal as I'm non ladder) + 6 all along with max rabies it calculates some 22k dmg. Thats a rather big difference :scratch:

I dont see any psn facets in your setup so what am I doing wrong here? :)

17. ~Kazama Fury~

trangs gloves

theres a thread that i made that has the link to my guide... thats my thread.

18. F1R3STR1D3R

F1R3STR1D3R IncGamers Member

A few questions:

Whats a good FHR break for a bear for this build?
    I always get owned in melee because my bears in FHR animation

Is 1 to armageddon really nessessary, or should I get like 7 points into lycanthrophy, or another synergy?

Is a Shael in the Stormshield really nessessary, or can I put another fire facet there?

19. chaos9

chaos9 IncGamers Member

You made this thread, and there is a link to your guide here as the first post in this thread. Is this not the right one?

20. ~Kazama Fury~

ROFL

i am such an idiot, i kept thinking i was still posting in that other thread where someone asked the similar questions. my bad.