Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Repost (Diablo "Clones")

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Shotaisama, Aug 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shotaisama

Shotaisama Diabloii.Net Member

Repost (Diablo "Clones")

I'm actually a bit offended that people are claiming that I made this up or am using a mod. I'll repost my original post here so that it can be read. I understand that this forum is completely legit, and that's fine; I'm not promoting or wanting to discuss the editor itself. That subject matter is irrelevant to the facts of what happened. If you all want screenshots, I can get them in a day or so when I go back to my friend's house, or get him to collect them for you.

Now, I'm not certain that these are actually copies of the DC; after all, I haven't been able to see him on B.net since I don't play close any longer. However, their appearance is a shadowy Diablo figure with a multicolored aura and the orange Paladin aura (Fanaticism?). They looked like they were raised in a manner similar to those shamans resurrecting the little demons in Act 1. (Sorry I can't recollect the names.)

I thought I'd post this here since you guys want to be comprehensive with your information. If you don't care enough to find out what's going on, I'll go elsewhere to get my answers. I haven't found anything about this on the internet yet, and I'm wondering if it's some special addition for the 1.11b patch, and if it's Single Player only or not.

If it matters, the character has all waypoints, all quests but the Cow Level completed, and has all greetings and "welcome back" messages completed with interactive characters. Perhaps it's a bonus for completing something?

Original post:

Invincible, that's what they are.

I was recently messing around and made a Zon lv99 with various hacked items on her, and decided to rush her through the game. Upon entering the Throne room in Normal, I saw two black Diablos, and figured they were the "Diablo Clone" my friend had spoken of. However, said clones couldn't be hit. I wasn't too worried with my uber armor on, though, and watched with curiosity as they died on their own when Baal left the room.

I first started to think my experience odd when I enabled all areas and went ahead to rush through Baal..and the Diablo clones were back, still invincible, but I discovered something new; these Diablo clones had auras on, and were rising from the corpses of my enemies, regular and unique, and were growing in number. Soon enough I had amassed a Diablo army behind me.

After getting through the throne room again, I noticed them all die out, and decided to go back to Act III. Guess what I found? The Diablo clones again rose from the dead enemies to torment me as best they could, despite my half white set. This time, they didn't disappear when I reached the end; they didn't die when I reached Meph, and one or two actually lived beyond his death. Again, I couldn't hit them. It was like they timed out.

Just the same, when I reached Act IV, they showed up again. I killed Diablo so quickly and left so quickly that I'm not certain if they disappeared when he finally showed or not. (500% run/walk makes a Zon pretty speedy).

My questions are: Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone have an idea as to what they are and why they're invincible?

I thought it might be because I set every other quest but the Cow Level to finished, that I had my Zon at level 99, or because my items gave so much magic find that the game reacted somehow, as first ideas.

This was all in single player, and also occurred on Open in Normal (With the original two) when I created a game.

2. Deaddave

Deaddave Diabloii.Net Member

you goin well on the way to getting your self banned from here, if a moderator closes your thread it normaly means you should drop the topic. if u wish to talk about effects a mod may have go to frozenkeep, and get a screen shot of it otherwise ppl will thinking your making it up

3. Hrus

Hrus Diabloii.Net Member

Well, you have to understand that not many people here are using character editors or mods, so there is probably no advice for you.
    As I see it, using that character editor changes something in your D2 installation or you have installed some mod.

There is nothing similar to what you have described in original D2.

Anyways I guess that D2 reinstall will solve the problem.

And please, don't make another thread, we don't discuss similar things here (char editors, strange game modifications).

:closed:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.