[repost] coldarmy13's fireclaws guide

coldarmy13

Diabloii.Net Member
-Ferro- said:
About the fire absorb, When i duel trappers (fire) I use my Guardian Angel plus dual dwarf, and I still get killed by traps, same with fireball&meteor sorcs. I dont die in one hit/trap, but with 4 im done. I just wonder if a 12-15k damage fireclaw can be negated with absorb...how many u need to be efective (2*dwarf, hellmoth gloves, Guardian, Raising...?). I read somewhere absorb is capped now in 1.10. what is that cap?

Sorry for all questions, I use to know a lot of statistic back in 1.09, but many things have changed and now i feel lazy to learn again, just play for fun and im not going mad anymore for all this math as I use to...you know.

Fer
the absorb cap is 40%. straight absorb like ls or tgods has no cap as far as i know. rising sun alone is enough to make u heal from fireclaws. so if someone uses that, then u die lol. but using 2x dwarf + something else will cut down ur dmg a lot. if u want to duel trappers/sorcs i suggest going 2 handed with lots of rw and good stacked res + fhr.

-Ferro- said:
About the fire absorb, When i duel trappers (fire) I use my Guardian Angel plus dual dwarf, and I still get killed by traps, same with fireball&meteor sorcs. I dont die in one hit/trap, but with 4 im done. I just wonder if a 12-15k damage fireclaw can be negated with absorb...how many u need to be efective (2*dwarf, hellmoth gloves, Guardian, Raising...?). I read somewhere absorb is capped now in 1.10. what is that cap?

Sorry for all questions, I use to know a lot of statistic back in 1.09, but many things have changed and now i feel lazy to learn again, just play for fun and im not going mad anymore for all this math as I use to...you know.

Fer
40% cap.
Two dwarf, rising sun, should negate fire traps.
You'd need to add nokozan and maybe hotspur to negate fire sorcs.

-Ferro-

Diabloii.Net Member
Sorry, me dumb but still dont get it. Since I understand, a cap means stacking beyond that ammount wont help at all, does not work (DR cap, DS cap, well all know about this easy and clear concepts). Now it seems there is (again) something new, you say 40% cap (so youll never heal absorbing up since u dont reach the +50%, right?), but stacking dwarf ,rising, negates. Coldarmy (B_B) says "straight absorb like ls or Tg has no cap". Whats straight absorb and what is not? I do really apreciate if you mates explain all this stuff.

Thnx again!

Fer

-Ferro-

Diabloii.Net Member
ya ya ya, thnx. I see its different thing. One more question, how the +absorb (the straight) modifie the way u get the damage? Asking for the maths, yes. Wanna know what to use and how to stack vs all that sorcs, hammerdins, necros, druids...wow, more cheesy chars than ever (omg I bet Ill find myself playing bowazon (<==quien te ha visto y quien te ve), the only challenge char in 1.10?????)

Thnax again

fer

Any character could seem 'cheesy' if you're a lvl 9 sorc or something, it's all perspective.

It's like this.
You take 200 fire damage (after resist and %absorb)
you have, say, 50 'flat' absorb on (ie rising sun or something)
You automatically heal 50 of the fire damage, then take 150, for a total of 100 dmg to you, so in effect you negate double your flat absorb, assuming you can heal that original 50.
If you only were down 25 life, then you would heal 25, then take 150, so only negate 50.

-Ferro-

Diabloii.Net Member
Thnx, i see its the same thing than with the %absorb.
Btw, this amount is substracted, in PvP, before or after the damage penalty?.

About the cheesy chars, for me is any char able to do 1 hit KO (well, ill accept 2 hits for cheesy too) to any other well build char. Back in 1.09, this did not happen, I mean even the cheesy ones did not had 1 hit KO. Now duels are all about...well, what are now duels about? You better hit first to win, or you cant hit at all (vs absorbers). Im still trying to find sense & challenge in pvp (oh dammit may be its im playing this game for too long).

Enjoy

Ferro

-Ferro- said:
Thnx, i see its the same thing than with the %absorb.
Btw, this amount is substracted, in PvP, before or after the damage penalty?.

About the cheesy chars, for me is any char able to do 1 hit KO (well, ill accept 2 hits for cheesy too) to any other well build char. Back in 1.09, this did not happen, I mean even the cheesy ones did not had 1 hit KO. Now duels are all about...well, what are now duels about? You better hit first to win, or you cant hit at all (vs absorbers). Im still trying to find sense & challenge in pvp (oh dammit may be its im playing this game for too long).

Enjoy

Ferro
The thing is a well-built character won't get 1 hit koed, anything with over 1k life can survive bone spells, over 2.5k can survive a hammer, anything with DR can take several tornados, and with 75% resist you can take a few fireballs, and if you stack resist/max you can take a few blizzards too.

-Ferro-

Diabloii.Net Member
True is I havent dueled too much yet, and ive only joined duel rooms for fun, not seriously, u understand.Sure all ppl here is more experience than me in 1.10 duels, but what i find is:

-Most of chars get killed by one of my hammers.
-High life chars need 3 hammers. Thus, Druids and Barbs mainly, have to chase me to kill me, so its easy for me to cast several hammers and let them to do the rest.
-Sorcs, with duel raven or duel dwarf and 90 all resist kills me in 3 shoots. Fire balls are ridicoulsy hard to skip due to its explosion range (skip at time u chase the sorc). 2 blizz im done (hard to skip too, they cover wide area).
-ww trappers relying on OW, if they try its ww they get hammer, if they do the trap-stund&runaway thing, no chance for me.

You are right, its just it was more tactic & strategy in last patch. You understand me, its just my point. As I said, I better forget the old days forever if wanna have fun in pvp now. Anyway,
Here I come with fire claws!!!!
U nub usez lamar absurb itamz.

Hehe, thanks for all the help u gave me on this thread.

Enjoy

Fer

-Ferro-

Diabloii.Net Member
Daimao said:
I've got some questions here...

1) Will a dimensional blade work just as well as phase? They both get 6 sockets from larzook (purposely didn't spell it right)

2) Will 6 shaels work with a phase/dimensional or does it have to be exactly a 110 IAS? In other words if i get faster IAS past this point will it negatively affect my attack speed (i guess maybe this could also include wearing bloodfists or magnus skin)?

3) I'm too poor to afford skill charms or cerebus, I just happen to have a jalal's that someone gave me out of pity. I could prolly get an angelic ammy and two angelic rings, no ravens im afraid, for armor the best I can probably do is a vipermagi, shield either blackoak luna or that orphan one, belt orphan one, boots waterwalk. With this said should I even bother or will my equipment be too low? I doubt I have anything i can trade for skill charms.

Thanks in advance either way.
In case I do have items worth skill charms or that i can trade for gear for this build, please let me know, what I have is as follows:
//Ormus Robe - 13/15/15 with +3 to ice blast (i realize now why someone gave it to me for free, nobody wants an ice blast robe)
//Frostburn Gauntlets
//Titans something javelins (non eth, dont recall the ed, prolly 187 or something)
//Sazabi's Helm
//Hel rune
//Dol Rune
//Rare sorc orb with 20fcr, +2 to cold skills, +2 to blizzard, and some other mods
//Ring with +15 to all res
//3 Perfect Emeralds and other assorted perfect/flawless gems
You need 110 ias on phase blade. More ias is not negative, just do not increase speed, so people uses ias/mods jewels instead puting 2 more shaels. If you dont have that jewels, just throw 6 shaels on phase blade. With dimensional (which is slower), you dont get the max speed even with 6 shaels. Sorry but phase blade is the only way to go with bear (one hand weapon).

Jalals is great helm. Dont need any other to have fun. And angelic ring and ammy works fine for the AR. Duriels shell is great for def, resist, nofrozen, and is cheap, but if u get vipermagic much better. If have no raven, use deaths set belt (cheap) for the no-frozen mod. If u also use deaths set gloves u will have extra 8%ll, and 15 all resist (and 30 ias, not helpfull in bear tho).Shield use orphan for the blocking (whistans, right?). Oak will do ok too.

For the Ormus and titans may be u can get shape charms.

If you get high level (85+), good AR (easy to do), decent resists,no frozen mod and max blocking with 4 fps weapon, u can have lot of fun in pvp with this build (even without any shape charm).
Enjoy

Ferro

Daimao

Diabloii.Net Member
ahhhh, thank you for answering my questions. my bear is seems to be coming along ok, tell me if something is wrong with the way he is please:

Lvl 47
Stats
Str 95
Dex 135
Vit 105
E 40 (base)

Skills
Lycan 6
Bear 6
Fire Claws 25
Firestorm 11
Molten Boulder 11
Fissure 10
Volcano 4

Gear (The Phat Lewt) <- Warcraft III joke
Aldurs Mace with 3 shaels
Jalal's
Spirit Shroud
Blessed Mosers Shield
Waterwalks
Angelic Ammy
Angelic Rings x2
Bloodfist
string of ears belt
12% fhr gc with 20 something stamina bonus
+10 life small charm
10 to max dmg, 54 to ar, and 10 life gc

I just need to somehow get myself a stormshield and a bunch of shapeshifting charms. :S

-Ferro-

Diabloii.Net Member
It looks ok, I think you can go like this till you jump to hell at level 75 or so...only gloves, use magefist instead (cheap and +1 ti fire, but oh well...)

Wait for stormshield (clvl 73) before you add more strengh/dex. You dont need max blocking for leveling (PvM), when storm just pump stregh for using it (153 with gear) and dex to keep max blocking (you will need to keep adding a bit of dex as you gain levels, to mantain blocking). Also, use one raven as you can get one, may be less ar than with angelic ring, but ull save some dex to invest into vita. Anyway, my tactic when leveling all my chars is to save a lot of stats points till i get the level to use all the gear I want/have. I like to do this so at this point, I see how in 2 min, my char passes from a crap monsters killer to an ultimate killing machine :p :p :p (

Daimao

Diabloii.Net Member
im tryin to get some shapeshifting gcs, i got two titans, a +13 to resists ring, peasant crow, +2 poison and bone skills circlet, a 5 socket phase blade (for anyone rich enough to make call to arms) and a ton of pgems of assorted flavors. if anyone is willing to help me out please do im on uswest as either *Daimao or *QuickPaws :( help a poor druid out

Choogy

Diabloii.Net Member
my only question is how this will work against fire immune creatures, as you find em eventually as you level up

-Ferro-

Diabloii.Net Member
Fire Inmunes are my pain actually^^, leveling my FC bear atm. For this, I stack with Crushing Blow %, it works great not only inmunes, vs regulars and whoever you find on your way. If you have a decent amount of +skills (amy, rings, blets, eventual SS GC, Shaping-wise secondary weapon swich), i just throw jalals away (I use to get shaped in town, it last for all the baalrun) and use Guillaems face instead, along with goreraiders.

Anyway, leveling elemental chars in hell is hard (specially when u only got one kind of elemental damage to use). But thats what we expected from 1.10, dont we :p?

Master_Frodo

Diabloii.Net Member
I was just wondering how good fire claw bears are at PvM, (exept against fire immunes of course). I would also like to know whether it is easy or not to get a 6 socket phase blade with 110 ias +mods, especially for someone poor like me.

I hope I'll be able to make an alright bear, once my wolf is finished... :D

syphon45

Diabloii.Net Member
Master_Frodo said:
I was just wondering how good fire claw bears are at PvM, (exept against fire immunes of course). I would also like to know whether it is easy or not to get a 6 socket phase blade with 110 ias +mods, especially for someone poor like me.

I hope I'll be able to make an alright bear, once my wolf is finished... :D
I found that fireclaws can lower an enemy's life quite quickly with such a fast attack speed and my druid wasn't even pure fireclaw. As for a phase blade, you can always just take a regular one and have lazurk socket it to get six sockets. And if you think are too poor to trade for ias jewels with mods you can always just put six shaels in it, which is what I ended up doing.

0sla_yer0

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah my fircalwdruid pwns. but a suggestion is instead of using bear..use wolf. more ar and same dmg. less def but trust me...u hit them and if they dun die in atleast 3 hits..then ur not gonna beat them even w/ high def. my fc druid also has 10 charms which makes a HUGE difference. he does 10k dmg w/ 30k ar in wolfform