Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

repeat?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Frankeinstein, Apr 6, 2004.

1. Frankeinstein

Frankeinstein IncGamers Member

repeat?

Is ther a way to reeat what you say when typing? In other words if I'm doing a trade & I want to repaet what I said over my head is there a command or shortcut button to do that so as I don't have to keep typing the same thing over & over... I see what seems like other sdoing it.
    I don't wish to be annoying, just want to be able to list what I got easier.

Is there a short cut to contact one of the friends on the friends list insetad of all?

Is there a way to list all the Bnet comands you can access & print them? I just seem to find the topic & have to keep trying the different commads to access what I am trying to do. That sometimes takes too long & causes time delay probelms when I am trying to contact another in another game or during the middle of a trade & I need them to hold up while I finish.

I guess basicly I'm asking is theer a way to print a manula so I can reda up on all this & test a little as I go.

(Ole guy here, wearing trifocals so reading on a screen is hard for me as the words jump past...) :teeth:

2. innorton38

innorton38 IncGamers Member

To repeat what you've already typed just hit enter and type what you want. Then hit enter to display it. Then hit enter again to get the little type field and hit the "up" arrow. This should bring up what you typed before. You can cycle through what you've typed in that game by repeatedly hitting the up key. This can be used as a shortcut to talk to one friend if you whisper them and then just use this method and backspace what you said previously and type the new message. Hope this helps. Good luck.

3. Frankeinstein

Thanks for that tibit of info. Now is there a way to get a listing of the comands so I may print them & have them posted in front of me to see? Or do I neeed to try & do a screen shot & print that? :scratch:

Thanks again.

4. Icarus

Icarus IncGamers Member

if you're in a channel and say something, you can press tab and your last message will pop up. helpful sometimes.

some commands i know off the top of my head:

/o igw - ignore private messages from anyone not on your friends list
    /o unigw - accpet private messages from people not on your friends list
    /nopickup - can't pick up items off the ground without holding 'alt' and clicking them. helpful when tons of items drop and you accidentally pick stuff up.
    /squelch *account - disables receiving messages from that user
    /unsquelch *account - enables receiving messages from that user
    /join channel - joins channel
    /dnd message - enables do not disturb mode. you can type a message after the /dnd and anyone who whispers you will get the message. type /dnd again to disable /dnd mode.
    /away - marks you as away. type /away again to disable it.
    /me message - emotes a message while in a channel
    /emote message - same as above

you can get a list of all of the commands by typing this in a channel:

/help topic
    /help commands
    /help aliases
    /help advanced

5. Frankeinstein

Thanks a bunch. This should help quite a bit. Now if I can only find some time to try it out...