Repairing Etherial items

Hide

Diabloii.Net Member
Repairing Etherial items

I just read a thread that said that you can't repair eth items, even using recipies, but I thought that was what the recipies were for, so I'm confused as to if this is true or false or what.

kuafu

Diabloii.Net Member
The recipe is for repairing normal items, like you don't want to pay the high price of repairing your Sup AP Enigma. Ethereal items cannot be repaired; we'd all be using eth items otherwise.

Inokis

Diabloii.Net Member
Directly from arreat summit: http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/cube.shtml

Ort Rune + Weapon = Fully Repaired Weapon
Use this Rune + Your Horadric Cube to repair your weapon. You cannot repair Ethereal items.

1 Ral Rune + Armor = Fully Repaired Armor
Use this Rune + Your Horadric Cube to repair your armor. You cannot repair ethereal armor.

Hide said:
I just read a thread that said that you can't repair eth items, even using recipies, but I thought that was what the recipies were for, so I'm confused as to if this is true or false or what.

Damicles

Diabloii.Net Member
kuafu said:
Ethereal items cannot be repaired; we'd all be using eth items otherwise.
Not entirely true, ethereal items can be repaired, one time. Use something down to 1 durability and go let Anya name it. Repairs durability and recharges (if any), but as I stated in the first line, this only works once.

Luckymofo

Diabloii.Net Member
@damicles: please show pics? also include /time to show that you're on closed bnet.

I'm not sure if you could personalize runewords to 'repair' the duras...

Damicles

Diabloii.Net Member
I dont take pictures of things everytime i do something.... If your uncertain try it, find a low lvl eth item and make some crap rw in it and use it for a lil while. After youve lost some durability on it, take it to Anya. If it dont work, eh you didnt waste an eth item.

*** Edit ***

Forgot to mention i havent done this since 1.10, may have cancled that in 1.11.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Damicles said:
I dont take pictures of things everytime i do something.... If your uncertain try it, find a low lvl eth item and make some crap rw in it and use it for a lil while. After youve lost some durability on it, take it to Anya. If it dont work, eh you didnt waste an eth item.

*** Edit ***

Forgot to mention i havent done this since 1.10, may have cancled that in 1.11.
The current consensus is that personalizing doesn't repair an item, not even once, and that it didn't work in 1.10 as well. That means you either have to live with others not believing you or you present evidence (instead of expecting it from others), e.g. screenshots from 1.10 in single player. :tongue:

Even then, people will still not believe you, but screenshots will make other people try it themselves and support your observation if it's true.

Dawnmaster

Diabloii.Net Member
I just tried it out, the results:

Before & After

And we can reasonably assume that if it doesn't work for eth uniques, it doesn't work for any eth item, and if it doesn't work for dura, it also won't work for charges.

If you don't believe me, try it out yourselves.

TheBhoy

Diabloii.Net Member
AFIK the only way to reapir eth items is if it has the repair mod in it such as exile.

Ikeren

Diabloii.Net Member
Okay, how about this?

Socket, Zod, indestructable. Then use the cube-recipee to destroy the rune inside the previously indestructable ethereal.

Would it restore the durability to whatever it was before it became indestructable, or would it increase to full durability?

Dawnmaster

Diabloii.Net Member
Ikeren said:
Okay, how about this?

Socket, Zod, indestructable. Then use the cube-recipee to destroy the rune inside the previously indestructable ethereal.

Would it restore the durability to whatever it was before it became indestructable, or would it increase to full durability?
I can answer that, since I asked that question last week orso :rolleyes:

The answer is no: your durability will fall back to whatever it was before.