Renewed hope in the US

alexzed

Diabloii.Net Member
Talga Vasternich said:
What were the others doing while these people were protesting?

That's a disorganized protest if you ask me.
Well, there were the Bush-haters, the war-protestors, the Communist Party and a couple misc. bandwagon jumpers. They looked organized walking down the street - a credit to them, I guess...

edit: Found it...
 

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Evil Conservative Inc said:
Poor protestors. Their very reason for existing is getting out of office in a couple years. That's gotta suck
You sure are the master of spin; why would they be upset that the person they hate is leaving office?

Talga Vasternich said:
From the original post, they weren't trying to change anything.
It was just anti-Bush.
Are you trying to tell me that in American politics the policies of the government of the day are personified by the President? Get outta town!

Stompwampa said:
As far as I'm concerned, the only effective way to protest is through the cast of your vote.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

The Future now said:
What else are they going to do? Go to work? Lousy hippys
*Makes a note to re-post this quote the next time the other side of politics protests*
 
dondrei said:
You sure are the master of spin; why would they be upset that the person they hate is leaving office?
After 8 years of having a reason to protest and have a focal poitn for hate, it's going to be one hell of a letdown.

"You mean we gotta get jobs now?":cry:
 

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Evil Conservative Inc said:
After 8 years of having a reason to protest and have a focal poitn for hate, it's going to be one hell of a letdown.

"You mean we gotta get jobs now?":cry:
Or, I dunno, a victory. Albeit one that wasn't due to their efforts.
 

maccool

Diabloii.Net Member
Evil Conservative Inc said:
After 8 years of having a reason to protest and have a focal poitn for hate, it's going to be one hell of a letdown.
Is it time for the 2000 elections already? My how time flies.
 

SaroDarksbane

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Evil Conservative Inc said:
After 8 years of having a reason to protest and have a focal poitn for hate, it's going to be one hell of a letdown.
You seem to be under the impression, like Talga, that they are protesting Bush just for the hell of it, and not actually because they don't like the things he does.

This is naive in the extreme.
"You mean we gotta get jobs now?":cry:
Yes, because anyone who doesn't agree with Bush is a jobless hippy. :rolleyes:

(In fact, given that I'm in the defense industry, when Bush goes out of office, I might lose my job. :grin: )
 

Talga Vasternich

Diabloii.Net Member
SaroDarksbane said:
You seem to be under the impression, like Talga, that they are protesting Bush just for the hell of it, and not actually because they don't like the things he does.

This is naive in the extreme.
alexzed said:
Well, there were the Bush-haters, the war-protestors, the Communist Party and a couple misc. bandwagon jumpers. They looked organized walking down the street - a credit to them, I guess...
who are you calling naive for saying there are people who hate President Bush just for the hell of it?
 

SaroDarksbane

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Talga Vasternich said:
who are you calling naive for saying there are people who hate President Bush just for the hell of it?
You and ECI. I thought I made that clear.
I know lots of people that hate him just for existing. I call them Democrats
See Talga? Some people are unable to possibly conceive of a reason that someone could dislike Bush for his policies or actions, so they conclude that anyone who dislikes Bush must have an irrational hate of the man personally, and therefore do not deserve consideration or thought. Note how such a view is completely illogical and can only be sustained through the willfull blindness of the individual in question. This is known scientifically as PAS, or Partisan Asshattery Syndrome.

Symptoms of PAS include: tautological thinking, blind loyalty to the views of one's political party of choice (even if those views change from hour to hour), unthinking, repetitious recitation of those views (often called "talking points"), the defense of party members in situations where no defense is possible, the demonization of the insidious "other party", and calls for anyone who differs in opinion to be summarily executed as a "traitor". PAS may be contracted by anyone, although it predominately occurs in the middle-aged, or those belonging to a political party. There is no known cure for PAS.
 

SaroDarksbane

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Talga Vasternich said:
I thought you'd include everyone who said it, no matter what side they were on.
I do.

Hating Bush for his policies is different than hating Bush "just because". You assertion was that they hated Bush "just because". I see no such assertion in Alexzed's post.
 

Moosashi

Diabloii.Net Member
There was an anti-Bush rally at my school yesterday. It drew a pretty big crowd but I left when a socialist got up and started spouting bull **** that had nothing to do with Bush.

It was nice to see freedom in action, and it was a good demonstration to non-citizens that the American people are not all of one mind, but it was clear that the left is as prone to propaganda and lies as the right.
 
Is one of the fabulous new gay nazi swastikas. It's part of the fall collection, all the fashionable hatemongers are wearing it.

All joking aside, if anybody wants it removed I'll do it. Until then I'm going to have some fun with it. I also submitted a photoshop contest on fark.com about gay nazis. I hope it gets greenlit, it's be great :thumbsup:
 

maccool

Diabloii.Net Member
Evil Conservative Inc said:
Is one of the fabulous new gay nazi swastikas. It's part of the fall collection, all the fashionable hatemongers are wearing it.
You might want to take another look at a Nazi flag. You've managed to create the mirror image of ye olde Nazi swastika. Chirality 1, Smeg 0.
 

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Talga Vasternich said:
who are you calling naive for saying there are people who hate President Bush just for the hell of it?
Yeah, they hate him because of his personality, and not because of his policies or anything.

Evil Conservative Inc said:
I know lots of people that hate him just for existing. I call them Democrats
*Mentions Clinton*

Evil Conservative Inc said:
All joking aside, if anybody wants it removed I'll do it.
You seriously overestimate:

1) How offensive you are.
2) How much anyone cares about you.

Evil Conservative Inc said:
Until then I'm going to have some fun with it. I also submitted a photoshop contest on fark.com about gay nazis. I hope it gets greenlit, it's be great :thumbsup:
I suppose it's no worse than their usual lamearse unfunny photoshop contests.

maccool said:
You might want to take another look at a Nazi flag. You've managed to create the mirror image of ye olde Nazi swastika. Chirality 1, Smeg 0.
LOL, I know. He's actually indicating he's a member of the Gay Boy Scouts (among other things).
 
Top