Renewed hope in the US

alexzed

Diabloii.Net Member
Renewed hope in the US

I'm back in San Fran for business, and right outside my office, right now, is a medium sized anti-Bush protest. Good to see people speaking their minds - and even the riot police are staying a good distance away, not swinging with wild abandon, as I thought they might. So I'm glad to see protests here...need to see more!!!

Yaboosh

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes, it is so sad to see people attempting to exercise their rights within a republic. Poor bastards. Man, it is just so frustrating how they flaunt their beliefs about public administration, possibly in an attempt to affect how that public administration operates.

Who do they think they are?

Talga Vasternich

Diabloii.Net Member
Yaboosh said:
Yes, it is so sad to see people attempting to exercise their rights within a republic. Poor bastards. Man, it is just so frustrating how they flaunt their beliefs about public administration, possibly in an attempt to affect how that public administration operates.

Who do they think they are?
From the original post, they weren't trying to change anything.
It was just anti-Bush.

Yaboosh

Diabloii.Net Member
You are probably right, I am sure they didn't have any of Bush's policies in mind, any of his particular actions that they didn't like, they just dislike the person. I stand corrected.

Stompwampa

Diabloii.Net Member
As far as I'm concerned, the only effective way to protest is through the cast of your vote.

Anybody who participates in a political protest (regardless of the issue or stance), and then does not exercise thier rigth to vote, should be shot between the eyes.

Stompwampa said:
Anybody who participates in a political protest (regardless of the issue or stance), and then does not exercise thier rigth to vote, should be shot between the eyes.
A bullet costs $0.38
I can get 10 foot of rope for the cost of 380 bullets. Said rope can be used at least that many times. Hanging has a better life cycle cost than bullets. Plus you can use a tree and trees are good. They shade the executioner:thumbsup:

thegiantturtle

Diabloii.Net Member
Stompwampa said:
As far as I'm concerned, the only effective way to protest is through the cast of your vote.

Much like anyone who wears a Vote or Die! but then doesn't vote.

llad12

Diabloii.Net Member
Regardless of who is elected president, I would assume that if the Iraqi war goes on, protests will continue.

Let freedom ring! :thumbsup:

nebux

Diabloii.Net Member
Stompwampa said:

we need another option when voting
Left, Right and NONE . onlt then the true democracy would begin

alexzed

Diabloii.Net Member
llad12 said:
Regardless of who is elected president, I would assume that if the Iraqi war goes on, protests will continue.

Let freedom ring! :thumbsup:
Well, more than half were protesting the war...I went and mingled a bit. I think that when the next Republicrat is re-appointed, they will 'stay the course' and not 'switch horses midstream' because people 'hate us' because we 'love freedom'.

Stompwampa

Diabloii.Net Member
nebux said:
we need another option when voting
Left, Right and NONE . onlt then the true democracy would begin
I think that should be an option too.
In this upcomming election, we're having a vote for a tax law amendment, and they're going to count anything left blank as a "yes" vote.
People have the right to choose...which means they should also have the right to not choose. However, I think they should at least show up to the ballots to cast the "no decision" vote as opposed to being lazy and sitting on the couch eating Cheetoh's.

thegiantturtle said:
Much like anyone who wears a Vote or Die! but then doesn't vote.
Lol. Yea. I wonder how many people wear those, and then don't actually vote...

ECI said:
A bullet costs $0.38
I can get 10 foot of rope for the cost of 380 bullets. Said rope can be used at least that many times. Hanging has a better life cycle cost than bullets. Plus you can use a tree and trees are good. They shade the executioner
I suppose that would work too...
I suspect Smeg, under the tree, with the rope!

Do I win!?