Renaming and restore modded character?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Only_HC

Diabloii.Net Member
I found some older threads regarding renaming characters, but is it still allowed to rename a character by using ATMA? (ofc, I will make sure to delete the old save files)

On the topic on renaming, I had some items that was personalized (the act 5, quest 4 reward). Since the names didn't match my untwinked character name anymore, I simply used a xxxxxxx to remove this from the items. I felt bad about using an editor and recovered the character by renaming a backup file (.org) created by GoMule.

The character hasn't been played since it was modded and the state of the backup file was created just before I used the xxxxx

The items + character is restored to the original state, but what is your opinions about this? Is it allowed to use a backup to restore a modded character in this way?

Last edited by a moderator:

Only_HC

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, I'm doing a challenge right now and I think the naming convention is a work in progress (or was).

Well, I don't usually have an editor on the computer, I only installed it temporary for this purpose. I don't like cheating, because it ruins the fun for me.

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
How can you have a different name on a personalized item than the character who has created it? Doesn't the personalisation quest always just give the character's name to the item?

Status
Not open for further replies.