Renaissance Fest Costumes

Renaissance Fest Costumes

For those of you that go and like to dress for the occasion, where is your favorite place to get your costumes? I've had one made, made one myself and this year ordered what will hopefully be the last until it wears out. I am, however, looking for a costume for Ski. I'm leery of ordering online because I want to be sure it is a decent quality costume. I've found several but they tend to be a bit more than we care to spend. I'm an "ok" seamstress but anything too complicated and I get frustrated and crabby, no one wants that. Any suggestions?

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
OMG, dork.

*Remembers what the women wear in Renaissance festivals*

Never mind, retracted.

PatMaGroin

Diabloii.Net Member
One of the women I work with talks about these all the time. She goes just to see all the people in the costumes. She says the 'king' or whatever of the festival always has the biggest cod piece.

dondrei said:
OMG, dork.

*Remembers what the women wear in Renaissance festivals*

Never mind, retracted.
Yes, bosoms hoisted to the point of nearly popping out of their corsets does tend to change a mans mind about the fest.

Yaboosh

Diabloii.Net Member
dondrei alurt!

Bosom refers to either a sengle breast or both breasts, thos does not need too be plurolized with an s.

PatMaGroin

Diabloii.Net Member
Yaboosh said:
dondrei alurt!

Bosom refers to either a sengle breast or both breasts, thos does not need too be plurolized with an s.
What if she is speaking of multiple sets of them?

He can call me a nerd all he wants. It doesn't change the fact that I will quite fetching that corseted gown I've spoken of. Also, if he keeps it up, he'll never get to cook that lovely medium rare steak for me.

Bortaz

Banned
I love Renfests. The one in Plantarsville Texas rocks, and is known worldwide. And yes, the bosums are great, as is the beer and beef jerky.

superdave

Diabloii.Net Member
my wife made some of the most intricate renaissance costumes i have ever seen...each one would usually take a couple weeks to make and then another day or two to have fitted...if you are going to make one that will last don't scrimp on the material or the thread...i was told that there is a big difference in the quality of thread you can purchase...i bet i put a couple hundred miles on my car driving around just to find a specific thread to use for a costume...the things you do for love.

ModeratelyConfused said:
That hasn't been proven yet! We need proof!
ECI has been given all the proof he needs of that, thank you.

Bortaz said:
I love Renfests. The one in Plantarsville Texas rocks, and is known worldwide. And yes, the bosums are great, as is the beer and beef jerky.
I look forward to the huge smoked turkey legs, apple dumplings and, of course, the beer.
We are planning to attend the final weekend of the one here, "Sweet Endings†They have chocolate tasting throughout the day. Yummy

My friends and I went pretty simple on costumes to Dragon*con, but I can testify that boobies + larp gear = happy storm. Assuming that larp gear should be similar to reanaissance stuff. Either that or we've been misled. But anyways, either way, it's bound to be fun.