Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Remaking A Monk Rune: Inner Sanctuary

Discussion in 'Fan Creations: Art, Music, Wallpapers, Fiction' started by Holyknight3000, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Holyknight3000

Holyknight3000 D3 Fan Creations Forum Moderator

Remaking A Monk Rune: Inner Sanctuary

Long after my 2nd Hard-drive failure from early 2010 when i lost the original Inner Sanctuary graphic that i spent hours to build. I am rebuilding it again finally.

I am using my only saved version of the graphic from the top view as a basis for the foundation and improving upon it to make it match with the newer version from the beta.

Here's my lost version:
    [​IMG]

I will be replying to this post as I start getting this work a little more done. So expect the in progress screenshot from me here in the next few minutes.

When this is all said and done I will have the newer version featured in a new Monk wallpaper. Hopefully I will have this up by sunday the soonest. The latest being midweek next week.

See you shortly.

HK

2. Holyknight3000

Re: Remaking A Monk Rune: Inner Sanctuary

[​IMG]

The Original image is 6000x6000 @ 300dpi.

This part I have stretched the last image i had for the I.S. rune and faded it in the background so I can use it as a base for the rest.

Now from what I learned when i first did this rune was if I just made 1/4th of it and mirrored it. That would obviously save me time.

So here is the first try at the circle placement. The top larger circle was a little off in this image so I went and remade it.

More Updates in a bit.

HK

3. Holyknight3000

[​IMG]

In this step I managed to get the top larger circle set and about right. From there I rotated the top and flipped it to what you see here.

Now from here I will be cleaning up the extra circle lines I don't need and will mirror this square to the other three.

More to come shortly.

HK

4. Holyknight3000

[​IMG]

Now that I have mirrored the first square to the others and making sure that they do not seem off I begin shading in the 4 small circles and the two larger circles to match the one's in the beta screenshots I have.

Then Finally I will remove the background image to show you how it looks before I go work on building and adding the new runes for the monk.

5. Holyknight3000

[​IMG]

And here is the base of the improved I.S. Rune. Now the fun begins later. I have to rebuild the new runes and make sure I get all 8 new ones this design has from in the game.

I have many screenshots of these runes recently given to me so I will be able to finish this design. Atleast until blizzard changes it again.

Sorry for the name/watermark over the image but it was necessary for now. See you guys soon.

HK

6. fmulder

fmulder Site Contributor

Very nice, looking forward to the final version. :thumbup:

7. Holyknight3000

Part 2: Phase 1 - Get the Runes

Thanks fm, speaking of updates here we go:

[​IMG]

Greetings all I have started work on the runes part of the new Inner Sanctuary. This image piece shows a screenshot I got showing the best possible reference I could ask for with the runes in full view.

The reference image is to the left, and the runes to the right I stretched the image based on the old inner sanctuary image based on size and scale. I got it within a margin of error and i was happy with it.

From there I turned all of the runes vertical so i can make sure they all scale as close as possible.

As we speak and I'm uploading this I have started zooming in and using the old line tool to outline the runes and zooming out like i did with the original fiery runes. Making sure the new runes are as close to accurate as I can get. These runes are within 500 and 700 pixels in size so that when they are places they should fit in well.

I'll show you a screen shot of me doing that line tool in action in a few moments.

HK

8. Holyknight3000

Part 2: Phase 1 - Get the Runes #2 Tracing

[​IMG]

Blurry Image isn't it? That is how big I blew up the runes so that I could use the poly tool to trace and build the new runes.

When this is done you will see within a margin of error the monk runes.

I shall return soon with those runes completed before adding them into the new Inner Sanctuary.

HK

9. Holyknight3000

Part 2: Phase 2 A Finished Rune

[​IMG]

This is a screenshot of one of the "Core 8" as I have just simply called these runes. I don't know the names of each rune and I doubt we ever will unless blizzard surprises us one day.

All 8 runes are done and I will show off a image featuring them all shortly.

HK

10. Holyknight3000

Part 2: Phase 3 - The Finished Core 8

[​IMG]

Here are the finished and slightly scaled down versions of the 8 runes inside the new inner sanctuary.

Now to place these inside the final version currently of the Inner Sanctuary.

Enjoy!

HK

11. Holyknight3000

Remaking A Monk Rune: Inner Sanctuary - FINISHED

[​IMG]

Expect a wallpaper for this image in the future. Let me know what you guys think. Loved working on this thing.

HK

PS: If you have an account on deviantART here's the link to it there as well. Thanks all!

12. Holyknight3000

Final Version of the Wallpaper has also been finished as well. Enjoy!

[​IMG]

Gallery - Forums - DeviantART