Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Remaining skill points

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by leeloo, Sep 22, 2006.

1. leeloo

leeloo IncGamers Member

Remaining skill points

Hello!

My trapsin soon hits lvl 90 and has 19 skill points left to distribute.

I'm really clueless whether i should go [claw+spirit shield] or [dualclaw] since both have advantages/disadvantages.

The skill point distribution, as well as stat distribution (140 left) will of course depend on this choice.

So, please help me decide by suggest wheter I should go [dualclaw] or [claw+shield], and what skill points I should place. Please motivate.

I'm playing hardcore and therefore puts survival ahead of effectiveness.
    This trapsin will be used for PVM MF-hunting as well as boss hunting (after some change of gear).

My current skill tree:

Fire Blast: 1
    Shock Web: 20
    Charged Bolt Sentry: 20
    Lightning Sentry: 20
    Death Sentry: 20

Thanks in advance

2. leeloo

leeloo IncGamers Member

Anyone? :\

I also wanna know what maximum block % you can get with Weapon Block skill (capped at 57?)

3. MegaTherion

MegaTherion IncGamers Member

I was asking the same question about the chance to block... no reply. As a Trapsin, you can use Shadow Warrior, maybe, to have twice more traps. And if Shield / Claw or Dual Claw depends on the gear you have. Let´s say if you have 2 Bartuc, then go Dual Claw.

4. jag

jag IncGamers Member

Shadow warrior does not add to total traps - 5 is it - if you throw 5, and your shadow throws 1 -- 1 of your disappears... Still good decoy and safety is key for Hc.

Extra points, hardcore....

Hows your resistances? Fade always handy.

I thought weap/shield was way to go till reading benefits of dual claw.

To get any type of block on a spirit shield (in a monarch i assume) you will have to invest alot in dex -- which takes from life -- with a few points in weapon block (assuming you have some other +skill gear) you can get to 50+% block very cheap.

The other huge benefit from dual claw is the mods possible on them -- you can get up to +6 to your traps on them !! (+3 trap mod with +3 lightning sentry on same claw) - potential there for +12 to lightning sentry dual claw-- at 400 damage per skill point - that can be real nice. Best part is they are shoppable from anya in hell -- not easy to get, but not to hard to at least get +3 trap/ls on each claw with other cool mods (fade, weapon block, mindblast, dragonflight) to help you.

Mind blast is very handy -- stuns or converts monsters -- another very nice safety thing for hc

speading your remaining points around a bit wont hurt -- alot of the shadow disciplines are 1 or low point wonders -- with some othe +skill gear.

Fade can get you 30+ all res -- weapon block can be in the 50's without maxing --- mindblast is a 1 point wonder

5. Silent Shaddow

Silent Shaddow IncGamers Member

fire blast is also recommended, for light immunes
    -silent

6. leeloo

leeloo IncGamers Member

Thanks for some replies.

I understand that you get a lot more trap dmg by using dual claw, but using it (i.e +3/+3 claws) makes you miss a lot of other nice modifiers, right? (i.e stuff on bartucs/spirit-shield)

Maybe have a weapon swith? dualclaw on one, "safety" (when teleporting) on other.. more help appreciated!

7. MegaTherion

MegaTherion IncGamers Member

This makes me think a lil bit... Maybe if you can get Call to Arms, or as u said
    for teleporting the Nai´s Staff... Or just Enigma, so u can get Call to Arms +
    Lidless wall on switch for higher life. But these are very expensive. Mercenary
    with some Aura items on is always a help.

And how are u killing lght immunes? With Death Sentry?

As the most safety item i have is Delirium. Mindblast when struck and
    Confuse + Terror on Striking keep monsters away. Either you, shadow can
    cast Mind Blast + the chance when struck. :thumbsup: (my merc has also a Delirium)