Relationship Question (fixed)

TL:DR version:

• Stormshield; Forget about 163FCR altogether

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
bladesyz said:
If you like a girl, don't ask for her permission to pursue her. Just do it.

Don't tell her you like her, or whatever. If the girl doesn't have that kind of feeling, you'll likely be turned down.

However, just because she doesn't feel that way now, doesn't mean she can't feel that way later.

Whatever works for you. I was younger, inexperienced, and wouldn't have taken your advice back then - and if I were in the same situation right now, I still wouldn't. Just not my style.

Module88

Diabloii.Net Member
dondrei said:
I've never been turned down either. Mind you I only ever asked once.
Wait. You're married because someone asked YOU out? A fluke. Or she didn't know you were a mathematician.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Module88 said:
Wait. You're married because someone asked YOU out? A fluke. Or she didn't know you were a mathematician.
Eh? I asked her out, she said yes. Although I think if I'd waited any longer she'd have asked me.

I wasn't a mathematician at the time, this was back in high school.

Ev_

Diabloii.Net Member
My best friend has nicknamed me "Switzerland" because I don't have any enemies or hard feelings with anyone.

My most recent ex is one of my best friends. I told her I just wanted to be friends because I'm not at a point in my life where I can deal with a serious relationship. She's one of the most understanding people I know and we get along great now.

I'm still friends with all the girls I've hooked up with, because I was always 100% up front about what the situation was. If something took a turn in a direction I didn't want, I ended it with an explanation and that was that. It's amazing how a little bit of talking can completely solve a situation.

And with the girls who have turned me down or who I've turned down, it's even easier to stay friends. The problem people have in these situations is that the person who gets turned down usually gets all whiny and emotional. Just get over it, it's not that hard.

Module88

Diabloii.Net Member
Isolde212 said:
Mathematicians are sexy. I've said it before and I'll say it again. They are just darn right sexy.
Whatever math pickup line you're thinking of, been there, done that, and crashed and burned miserably. Squared.

dondrei said:
Eh? I asked her out, she said yes. Although I think if I'd waited any longer she'd have asked me.

I wasn't a mathematician at the time, this was back in high school.
Eh, misread your response. And the last part would make much more sense.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
There are worse things to be than a mathematician in the pickup department. Anyway, there's two kinds of mathematician; the nerdy kind and the kind like Jeff Goldblum in Jurassic Park.

Stompwampa

Diabloii.Net Member
dondrei said:
There are worse things to be than a mathematician in the pickup department. Anyway, there's two kinds of mathematician; the nerdy kind and the kind like Jeff Goldblum in Jurassic Park.

I always thought there were 3 types of mathematicians: those who can count, and those who can't.

MadMachine

Diabloii.Net Member
The three times I've said before always made the girl go batty. Well, more batty, since her being weird in the first place was the reason I dumped them.

I tried, but it was just really uncomfortable.

Ce Olba

Banned
Never been in a quarter-serious relationship with any member of the opposite sex, so "no" is my vote. However, I was tempted to vote for the durf option.

Ce Olba said:
Never been in a quarter-serious relationship with any member of the opposite sex, so "no" is my vote. However, I was tempted to vote for the durf option.
So you have had at least in a quarter-serious relationship with a member of the same sex?

Ce Olba

Banned
{KOW}Spazed said:
So you have had at least in a quarter-serious relationship with a member of the same sex?
Is that a typo? (The same sex one)

If not, then all I can say is that you should read it again.

I never talked about the same sex. And no, I am not into my own sex.