Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Relationship Question (fixed)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Module88, Oct 11, 2006.

?

TL:DR version:

1. Stormshield; Forget about 163FCR altogether

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Spirit w/ Stormshield switchoff

100.0%
  1. Module88

Module88 IncGamers Member

Relationship Question (fixed)

No, I didn't get married or get a girlfriend, you stupid optimists.

My question is, how many of you have been told something along the lines of, "you're a nice guy/girl, but..... I hope we can stay friend" and have had it actually happen that way?

2. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder IncGamers Member

I've been there.

3. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

Never been dumped, so no.

4. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder IncGamers Member

I read that not only as being dumped, but turned down also. I haven't been dumped this way, but I have been turned down on 2 or 3 occassions back in high school like this.

Edit- I refuse to fix my tenses.

5. Module88

Module88 IncGamers Member

It doesn't count if you've never asked/been asked. -_-'

Yes, I know. But I still think it was a fluke.

6. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

I've never been turned down either. Mind you I only ever asked once.

7. myleftfoot

myleftfoot IncGamers Member

Why would you want to ?

8. Bert

Bert IncGamers Member

I am the one saying that.

It worked out only once. She's a good friend now. (so I voted yes)

I lost a lot of friends (I though those girls where friends at least) when my relationship with my gf grew stronger. It was mainly because of jalousy they stopped talking to me. I don't care. My gf is worth the loss ten times.

B.

9. Isolde212

Isolde212 Banned

I've said this before and had it work out. Also had it said to me and had it work out. The trick to it is you have to turn the feelings off and realize that you're never going to get anywhere so you might as well take what you can get out of the friendship.

10. HockeyChic

HockeyChic Banned

I had a friendship with a guy that turned into a physical relationship. Even though the physical part ended, we are still friends to this day. We never really "dated" though so there wasn't really a "breaking up". We have both commented on the fact that neither one of us really know when the "relationship" ended or why it ended for that matter.

11. Amra

Amra IncGamers Member

Been there, done that.

12. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

Exactly right. I had a girl that I had a crush on, years back, and I let her know how I felt, and she told me that "[I'm] a sweetheart, but I only think of you as a friend". Next day, things were back to normal between us. She and I still talk on MSN sometimes, but our lives have taken us in different directions.

Still a sucky feeling, but you have to learn to accept the way things are, and move on. Or back. Or something.

13. ModeratelyConfused

ModeratelyConfused Banned

Never been turned down, but never really asked. :grin: Nearly 6 years later, getting closer and closer to an engagement. (Whenever I get my lazy *** in gear.)

14. myleftfoot

myleftfoot IncGamers Member

Sure you, it still hurts right?

15. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

Not sure precisely what you mean... In all honesty, I don't get hurt easily. That one particular incident did suck, and I hurt about it for a little while (a few days, really), but ultimately it turned out for the better. I've had a lot of experiences since then, some good, some bad, but all of them I've learned from and used to grow into a better, stronger man. Had she been interested, then I may not be the person I am today, and that would be a shame.

16. Bordillo

Bordillo Banned

yea this just happened to me, I havnt spoken to them since and just started flirting with every hot chick I see

17. bladesyz

bladesyz IncGamers Member

If you like a girl, don't ask for her permission to pursue her. Just do it.

Don't tell her you like her, or whatever. If the girl doesn't have that kind of feeling, you'll likely be turned down.

However, just because she doesn't feel that way now, doesn't mean she can't feel that way later.

18. bg1256

bg1256 IncGamers Member

My first "relationship" began when I was in 6th grade. She was a year older in 7th grade. Her older brother and I were best friends growing up, so it was a natural crush...

The summer before my 8th grade year, she dumped me for a high school senior when she was a freshman (I actually stood in this guy's wedding a few years ago, and he's now a youth pastor in my home church...kinda wierd).

We stayed close, though. I spent a lot of time around her, given my best friend was her broher, and she and I kept a goo friendship going.

When I entereted 10th grade, I transfered to her high school, and we literally became best friends. We spent time together everyday of the week.

Now, during all this, we still kinda had feelings for each other, from 7th grade all the way through, but they were definitely stronger on my side of things.

So, in 10th grade, I finally told her how I felt at the end of the year... well, it didn't quite go as planned, and the end result was basically a suspension of the friendship. She wanted to stay best friends, and I wanted more... so we just kinda quit talking for awhile.

But, once I swallowed my pride, we got our friendship back, and for about a solid year, we stayed best friends while she was dating another guy, who was one of my best guy friends.

To make a long story longer, we eventually dated for almost a year, but after the break-up the friendship fizzled. I haven't spoken to her in years... she moved to Iowa, I went to college... you know the story.

So, to answer the question, it's a yes and no. We were friends for a long time, but eventually, the friendship ended when the romance did.

19. Stompwampa

Stompwampa IncGamers Member

It's really hard for me to set those feelings aside. It's still feels awkward talking to my ex-girlfriend, and it's been over 5 years. It's easier for me to just sever myself from the situation and stay that way. The awkwardness kills me.

20. WildBerry

WildBerry IncGamers Member

I've never had that said. The young lady who, perhaps, in accordance to tradition, should've said that, thought that I would have the discretion and social intelligence enough for not needing to be told that.

So she didn't. And we're friends.