Relationship FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

dantose

Diabloii.Net Member
Q: It's my senior year at HS and my ex is saying nasty things about me and making people not like me. what should I do?

A: Say you are sorry for anything you feel you did wrong. after that just shrug everything else off. you are a senior, you will be gone in a few months and after that what they think of you really doesn't matter now does it? In the future if an ex asks you something like "did you do something with so and so?" just tell her exactly what happened. yeah, she might be pissed then but it's worse to find out later.

you could also call her a hussy and storm out

dantose

Diabloii.Net Member
Sp4rtacus said:
Q: is an internet forum a good place to ask for personalized advice on dating
A: no.
Q: Is dantose a good person to ask advice from?

A: Yes

pwned
*does pwned dance*

dantose

Diabloii.Net Member
Q: this girl has been buggin me since we broke up, she has obsesive compulsive disorder.
1. Why is this girl following me around? What is she after?
2. Is she planning to make a necklace out of me or cutting me up and stuffing me in the freezer or something?
3. How do I go about distancing myself from her without being an *******, or being percieved as one?
4. Does anyone know if this is somehow linked to her ODC?
5. Do I need to worry?

A:
1. Most likely she wants to resume the relationship. There are other posibilities but that is what I would put my money on. She is having trouble letting you go.
2. Probably not, most freezers can't hold a full grown person. She would have to have a chest freezer available. If she has one you may want to start worrying.
3. Be honest but tactful. something like, "I need some time to get used to not going out any more. I want to stay friends and I think some time completely apart/only hanging out as part of a group will actually help that". Something that says what you want but doesn't step on feelings more than is absolutely necessary.
4. not even the relationship sage Dantose can really tell. I would leave it at, "Maybe"
5. Probably not. Not about yourself and probably not about her. Remember, boyfriends make bad psychologists and ex boyfriends make even worse ones.

vagabond18

Diabloii.Net Member
Q: My wife has been begging me to let her bring home this hot blond girl from work for a threesome....what should i say?

Kore

Diabloii.Net Member
vagabond18 said:
Q: My wife has been begging me to let her bring home this hot blond girl from work for a threesome....what should i say?
A: Call her a hussy and storm off in a pissy fit.

Armor_Biff

Diabloii.Net Member
Great thread. Too bad it hasnt been stickied (yet anyway) since dantose really seems to have some good advice.

Well, since I'm here I might as well ask something myself:

My girlfriend left me 5 years ago. After that she wanted to be "just friends", but I told her in a calm way that I didnt want to see her again. I still feel that way but I think about her almost everyday. What the hell is wrong with me ? Why cant I just forget ? Damn, I need a memory eraser :grrr:

dantose

Diabloii.Net Member
Q: My girlfriend left me 5 years ago. After that she wanted to be "just friends", but I told her in a calm way that I didnt want to see her again. I still feel that way but I think about her almost everyday. What the hell is wrong with me ? Why cant I just forget ?

A: Nothing is wrong with you. Some relationships take longer to get over than others. I would say you probably made the right call in cutting off all contact if you still feel this strongly. The feelings will eventually fade though it may take a bit of time still. you might also want to put yourself back on the market. Look for a new girl.

you could also leave small dead animals on her front steps or bed as "presents" but that will probably only fly if you are a cat.

dantose

Diabloii.Net Member

A: If the idea creeps you out or is against your values just be honest and tell her that you don't think you would be comfortable with it. If not, many of us will envy you.

If you elect to go this course of action, make sure that all three of you agree about exactly how involved the girl will be. if your wife feels like a third wheel in the whole equation it can lead to problems. Likewise, if you are left by the wayside while the two girls go at it you may have a problem with it. Just make sure you all agree on what roles everyone will take. Also, make sure it isn't a lead in to other things that you might not be so comfortable with. Talk to your wife about if she is hoping to bring another guy in later. Decide if that is a possibility before agreeing to bring the girl in.

GIR

Banned
dantose said:
you could also leave small dead animals on her front steps or bed as "presents" but that will probably only fly if you are a cat.
This is the kind of sound advice that you'll usually only find from me.

GIR

Banned
vagabond18 said:
A: Send your wife and the aforementioned "hot blond girl from work" to my place, and I'll make sure they get it out of their system for you, even if it takes weeks.

SomeCanadianGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
Let's keep this thing from sliding off the front page until it gets stickied. Everyone, come up with questions for dantose to answer so we can keep this one up at the top, other than blatant spam. ;)

Q: Upon breaking up with my previous girlfriend, I found myself becoming more and more of a manslut, with increasingly questionable morals. 1) Is this a bad thing (assuming I'm not a complete idiot and am clever enough to keep out of trouble)? 2) If so, what should I do about it? :wink2:

TheOgreMan

Diabloii.Net Member
Q: A female who can only be described as "Helen of Troy--reincarnated" was recently hired at work. Not only is she gorgeous but is hard working, has a great sense of humor, and seems to enjoy my company. One problem: she also has a boyfriend (who happens to look like he just had his large toe bitten off by his mortal enemy). What should I do?

Freet

Diabloii.Net Member
SomeCanadianGuy said:
Let's keep this thing from sliding off the front page until it gets stickied.
This sounded dangerously close to artificial bumping which, as I'm sure you know, is against the forum rules. And you can forget about getting this thread stickied, it ain't happening.

dantose

Diabloii.Net Member
Q: Upon breaking up with my previous girlfriend, I found myself becoming more and more of a manslut, with increasingly questionable morals. 1) Is this a bad thing (assuming I'm not a complete idiot and am clever enough to keep out of trouble)? 2) If so, what should I do about it?

A:
1. I will leave moral judgements to the individual. However, you will get busted eventually, not because you are an idiot but because everyone gets busted eventually. You may also get herpes eventually.
2. Best solution is to admitt to being a man***** from the begining. This will obviously make the chase a bit harder but will save you from getting your eyes clawed out. As for the herpes, well, let me put it this way: Always look under the hood before buying a car and always put on the car cover when you, um, put it in the garage.

dantose

Diabloii.Net Member
Q: A female who can only be described as "Helen of Troy--reincarnated" was recently hired at work. Not only is she gorgeous but is hard working, has a great sense of humor, and seems to enjoy my company. One problem: she also has a boyfriend (who happens to look like he just had his large toe bitten off by his mortal enemy). What should I do?

A: Two problems I see. First, she has a dude that would kick your *** if you, um, "mowed his lawn". Second, you work with her. Work and lovin' don't mix. Well, unless you have a home office, then you just have to watch out for the stapler.

Status
Not open for further replies.