Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Relationship between aLvl and iLvl?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Pherdnut, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Relationship between aLvl and iLvl?

I've been playing with that Affix calculator and am currently using trial and error to figure out what lvl an item has to be to spawn certain affixes. Is there a formula listed anywhere?

2. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

One of these days I'm going to write down the url of one of the threads I explain this in so I can just link back to it instead of typing it out again :)

Actually, if you're already over at the calculator anyway, it's explained there - although in pseudo code, which might not be your thing. On the front page it says click "here" for an explanation, then scroll down to the bottom it lists alvl, then another link takes you to here which runs through it.

It's mostly conditional code to handle odd cases. Most of the time this equation gets used
    alvl = inputilvl - int(qlvl/2)
    which means alvl is half the qlvl less than the ilvl. However, the other cases all can come up of course.

3. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Ahh... thanks. I did skim through that, but was a little confused. It's been over a decade since I took a math or a computer science class. Where do you find qLvl listings of items at?

4. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

I recommend www.d2data.net. Click on Base Items, then the class you want. I refer to that site for most of my immediate item info.

5. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Hakai_no_Tenshi IncGamers Member

@Thrugg: If you can compile a list of these questions that you frequently answer and the answers, I can simply host them for you and then all you have to do is give a link.

--T