Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Reinstall help

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by txmielnik, May 25, 2005.

1. txmielnik

txmielnik IncGamers Member

Reinstall help

I needed to reboot my comp, i loaded d2, but i don't remember where i put my cd-key for my expansion cd, i have the cd, can i look on the cd, would the cd-key be stored in an directory?

2. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

The cd-key is on your cd case. First thing you should do is try to find that case. It also would have been stored on your computer, but if you reformatted your primary harddrive, it's gone now. Even if it was still there, it seems to be against the policy of these forums to talk about how to retrieve it.

Best bets: find your cd case, go buy another copy, or start enjoying classic.

Good Luck.

3. txmielnik

The problem is i don't know where my cd case is, if i did i would have my cd-key, so it's not written anywhere on the cd directory?

I've begun to look for the cd-case, but if i don't find it, i don't want to buy another cd since this one is in great condition.

4. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

mail you're cd to blizz and wait a few weeks. They will give you a new cd key.

5. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

Hmmmmmm, I think they will give you a new cd, but not a new cd key.

I'd buy another LOD. They run about $20 max USDollars here in the states for new boxes, less for used.

6. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

no, i did it myself. Somone somehow got my cd key so I sent my cd to blizz and they gave me a new key in 1-2 weeks.

7. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

You can as well spend $/€ 5-10 for a new LoD game instead of waiting for a few weeks. It's a matter of your monetary resources.

8. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

Yes it is in the directory, but I believe it's against some forum rules to discuss where it is. If you have the CD, but not the case, where were you keeping the CD?

I know your not too keen on buying a new copy, but brand new or not, the game isn't much good if you don't have the key. As with alot of things in life, if you stuff up, you need to accept that there's going to be abit of work to fix up the problem.

9. txmielnik

I was playing to often, so i put the cd and cd case somewhere (kind of hid it from myself) than when i was finished with school i got the cd, and started playing, but i don't remember where i out that cd case.

10. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Well, all this talking and self-pity won't give you back the key, so waste no more time and pay those $/€ 5-10 :p

As an alternative, you can make a thorough cleanup of your room and everything in it. The chances are good that you find your CD case then and even better, your wife/GF/mom (assuming you are male) will love you for doing that without any force having been applied to you :lol:

I'm not feeding the prejudice that cleaning up is a job for women, but the prejudice about many men turning into filthy clauchards when nobody forces them to be a little tidier.