regular emeralds on ladder?

Ehein

Diabloii.Net Member
regular emeralds on ladder?

why do people on US-East want regular (square) emeralds? I have a bunch and dont know there significance. Thanks anyone.

distancepieman

Diabloii.Net Member
Ehein said:
why do people on US-East want regular (square) emeralds? I have a bunch and dont know there significance. Thanks anyone.
Never heard of this myself, but I tend to stay away from the channels and such. If it was ladder, you need a regular emerald to cube an Ohm, but since it isn't, I have no clue.
Unless it's related to llding and a need for dex boosters or poison damage...but that seems unlikely.

~Bails

Leohappy

Diabloii.Net Member
As already said above, some people like to cube their high runes on ladder. That's the best way to avoid duped runes. Ohm is one such rune. You start with 2 Guls + Ruby to make a Vex, then you use 2Vex+Emerald to make an Ohm.

Other than that, I am not aware of any other significant use of Emeralds ...

Oscuro

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
bluedragoon said:
i dont know but the first thing that came to mind was crafting , dunno if thats correct though :)
All crafting recipes require some form of perfect gem, never any inferior grades.

Tib

Diabloii.Net Member
I can answer this as a heavy demander of normal gems.

I require Amethysts (for helms) Rubies/Sapphires (for armours) and Emeralds (for weapons). Such items are common on poor LLD and LLD mercs.

As a Low Level Dueler, I hate exceeding the lvl 13 or 14 point, and thus am unable to use Flawless gems. With the merc in a similar situation (stuck at lvl 13), it's hard to pop good armour on 'em due to the weight resrictions. Thus, you pop 3 amethysts in a wussy shako for 18 to str, and you're now able to equip a 4 soc armr. Since the STR bonus helps physical damage anyway, it's worth giving up 2 possible ruby slots (giving up 3 for amethysts in helm but gaining one in 4 soc armr vs 3 soc armr) for the extra few dmg points.

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
Tib said:
I can answer this as a heavy demander of normal gems.

I require Amethysts (for helms) Rubies/Sapphires (for armours) and Emeralds (for weapons). Such items are common on poor LLD and LLD mercs.

As a Low Level Dueler, I hate exceeding the lvl 13 or 14 point, and thus am unable to use Flawless gems. With the merc in a similar situation (stuck at lvl 13), it's hard to pop good armour on 'em due to the weight resrictions. Thus, you pop 3 amethysts in a wussy shako for 18 to str, and you're now able to equip a 4 soc armr. Since the STR bonus helps physical damage anyway, it's worth giving up 2 possible ruby slots (giving up 3 for amethysts in helm but gaining one in 4 soc armr vs 3 soc armr) for the extra few dmg points.
You can't wear elite items (not even exeptional) at that low a level. Better go with a crown and some jewels with -15% reqs and +maxdamage or %enhanced damage. May even want to try rare jewels.

distancepieman

Diabloii.Net Member
helvete said:
You can't wear elite items (not even exeptional) at that low a level. Better go with a crown and some jewels with -15% reqs and +maxdamage or %enhanced damage. May even want to try rare jewels.
I'm wondering if he meant a basic 3 socketed cap, but I could be wrong.

~Bails