Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Regarding the cube

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Hardcore Forum' started by Solwolf, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Solwolf

Solwolf Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

PTR testers out there: does the new cube have a level 70 item requirement to unlock that item's legendary power, or can legs found while leveling also work in the cube? If leveling items can be saved into the cube, wouldn't level 69 t10 games be massively OP for obtaining rarer but powerful legs to unlock, like dagger of darts or the furnace?

2. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

I don't think it does, I logged onto the PTR just enough to see if I could put a sub-70 item in it, and it let me. I haven't played enough to gather the mats to actually do the extraction. Either way, I highly doubt it will be an issue since the sub-70 part of this game has been reduced to almost nothing. Have you seen the recipe using a lvl 25 gem of ease that allows you to set any item to lvl 1? Nobody is going to have a toon at lvl 69 long enough to exploit anything. :)

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  3. TheDarkSide

TheDarkSide Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

The problem lies in the fact that you have to clear level 70 Bounties in order to get the crafting mats needed to cube items and use them in the cube...

4. Solwolf

Solwolf Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

I'm just thinking about seasonal play really. In s3 I hoped to play a Carnevil/Dagger of Darts WD, since my non seasonal WDs were basic pet/Starmetal and a Jade Doc. However, I never actually found a Dagger of Darts (or any ceremonial dagger, actually - running t6s and got one cere. dagger from level 1-70 t6), so I couldn't play the character I wanted to play, which left me not playing at all. If, though, I could have easily farmed a DoD, or even better, used one from a random lucky drop on the way to 70, maybe s3 would have stuck more.

But then again, with the massive slowing in early gear acquisition that's expected in s4, I probably won't play.

5. TheDarkSide

Its currently item palooza with the community buff happening again. But the dreaded Q for a game is back as well. Not as bad as it was before I think it took me 42 minutes this morning to make a game, and later on took about 15 min.. The worst thing now is they remove vendors ability to craft level 70 weapons for low levels and you cant farm Deaths Breaths for crafting, and you cant play past Expert until you are level 60, so leveling takes much longer.. once I hit 70 I quickly gained 40 paragon levels though so its just a grind to 70.....

6. JPmancer

JPmancer IncGamers Member

Mats earned at lvl 70

Get yourself in a clan for ptr. join times fast and lvl'n main or alt char much faster. i lvl people 1-70 needing to do 1 or 2 rifts only , also you gain xp whilst not getting dmg at wp's or entering new lvl

7. TheDarkSide

Unfortunately my Clan mates are either A)afraid to play hardcore or B)not interested in the ptr and waiting for it to go live...

:D

8. Arkardo

Arkardo IncGamers Member

Does anyone know the level requirement of the cube itself? Can level 1 chars make use of extracted legendary powers?

9. Timesink

Timesink IncGamers Member

Yes, level 1 characters can make use of extracted powers. I don't think Blizzard cares about the leveling of secondary characters / power leveling as it should take just minutes to get a char to level 70 now.

For a new seasonal character you can't really use the cube until higher levels as it takes death's breaths to extract powers.

10. Arkardo

Arkardo IncGamers Member

@Timesink A belated thanks for your reply! But won't the crafting materials be lumped together at the next patch? Meaning Death's Breaths will drop as early as level 1. :)

11. Timesink

Timesink IncGamers Member

Crafting materials (white, blue, yellow) are lumped together. I didn't see a Death's Breath leveling in the PTR until level 60/61 like normal.

12. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

The cube recipe that removes the level requirement from any item has rendered the 1-70 journey just about meaningless. Waiting for the patch to hit I've leveled up a bunch of Ease gems to rank 25 just to see how quickly I can level a toon up to 70 when he is fully decked in end-game gear that has no level requirement. ;)

Aahzmadius likes this.