Regarding Blink 182 and AFI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadbolt'd

Diabloii.Net Member
Regarding Blink 182 and AFI

So today I got a "recommendation" from yahoo to my mail account for music and movies and stuff like that. So Blink 182 is still on the cover of the music section, ho hum, and it's for "I Miss You"- surprise. At the bottom was a little thing that said "If you like Blink 182 try listening to- Sum 41, Simple Plan, AFI."
I don't really listen to Sum 41 that much, but they kind of sound like Blink. Simple Plan, I don't know. Don't see much resemblence between AFI and Blink, though, and I actually listen to AFI. Your thoughts? Discuss.
-PS- The headline said "Blink banned from MTV, Jack Black, & more."

-DB

Why was blink banned from MTV? The shittyness get to much? /cheapshot

AFI is a ton better than blink-182 I would never put them in the same catagory together.

Deadbolt'd

Diabloii.Net Member
Canadia142 said:
Why was blink banned from MTV? The shittyness get to much? /cheapshot

AFI is a ton better than blink-182 I would never put them in the same catagory together.
I agree wholeheartedly. Most people here don't even put AFI into the emo category, and, in my opinion, Blink is nowhere near that. Love AFI, can't stand Blink.
PS- Checking the banning article out now.
-DB

Deadbolt'd

Diabloii.Net Member
Jesus, I just checked out the site. www.fanscape.com
NOTHING about them being banned, only their 2 tours. What cheers me up, though- Top "Street Team" is AFI, top song is by AFI. :lol: In your face Blink!

-DB

Devolution

Diabloii.Net Member
Well they must be doing something right, I like them, obviously I'm not the only one if they keep ending up on top.

Maybe you guys are too...mature?

Devolution

Diabloii.Net Member
Canadia142 said:
Yeah they're appealing to all the people who call themselves punk but wear abercrombie and fitch
What can I say, maybe punk is more than a fashion statement?

Tridge

Diabloii.Net Member
early AFI was pop-punk like blink182
davey changed the bands name from 'asking for it' to 'a fire inside' sometime between "answer that and stay fashionable" and "black sails in the sunset" when they went from punk to alterna-goth-pseudo-rave or wtf they are now that was in like 1998. man i used to LOVE afi ,too
"wake up early in the morning, go down to the store//POST-KELLOGG-GENERAL MILLS! it's a cereal war!"-- afi "Cereal Wars" off of 'Answer That and Stay Fashionable' EP ~ :rant:

ahhh cereal wars, I love that song.

I don't think afi was pop punk back in the day, back then was when the sounded the most punk.

Deadbolt'd

Diabloii.Net Member
Holy ****, a friend just told me that AFI cancelled their tour because Davey has a sist on his vocal chords. He's gonna have to be operated on. A Fire Inside.net says-
03.05.04 - AFI FORCED TO CANCEL REMAINING TOUR DATES

AFI has been forced to cancel the remainder of its current tour for medical reasons. Singer Davey Havok has been advised by his doctor to start immediate voice rest or risk serious damage to his vocal chords.

AFI released the following statement: "We have never cancelled any shows and are deeply disappointed to have to cancel these shows. Unfortunately our only course of action is clear. We truly regret any inconvenience to our fans."
Jesus... anyone besides me think he's gonna be seriously ****ed up after this? I don't want to think that one of my favorite bands is done because of "medical reasons", even though it's a better thought than they have no love for what they do anymore.

-DB

Sucof

Diabloii.Net Member
early AFI was pop-punk like blink182
davey changed the bands name from 'asking for it' to 'a fire inside' sometime between "answer that and stay fashionable" and "black sails in the sunset" when they went from punk to alterna-goth-pseudo-rave or wtf they are now that was in like 1998. man i used to LOVE afi ,too
"wake up early in the morning, go down to the store//POST-KELLOGG-GENERAL MILLS! it's a cereal war!"-- afi "Cereal Wars" off of 'Answer That and Stay Fashionable' EP ~ :rant:
I feel the need to be a necro.

Have you ever LISTENED to old AFI?

They were more hardcore punk than anything. How you could think otherwise is beyond all comprehension to me.

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
How did he even find this page?
He probably made a search for either Blink 182 or AFI, looking out for music related threads.

I think I'll close this one, as this probably isn't very up to date. RazCotton has a point there.
:closed:

Status
Not open for further replies.