Reduced Damage

Fido

Diabloii.Net Member
Reduced Damage

Using the following:
15% damage reduced string of ears (or Verdungo's Hearty Cord)
30% damage reduced shaftstop
20% damage reduced Vampire Gaze
35% damage reduced Storm Shield

That would add up to 100% reduced damage, that can't be right, how does reduced damage work?

Jell-O

Diabloii.Net Member
However, if things are still anything like back in 1.09 you could not be cursed with amplify or decrepify if you have 100% or more damage reduce, even though the cap is 50%(75% back then).

But since you can now curse monsters with immunities which you couldn't do in the previous patch, that might not work anymore.

Thrugg

Diabloii.Net Member
It does still work that way. The cap is applied after adding all negative and positive PDR together.

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
More like 150%, since I highly doubt player physical resist will count five times like monster immune-plus resists.

League of Shadows

Diabloii.Net Member
what about %damage taken to mana? if a sorc had 50% or more of damage reduction, and really good %damage taken to mana, what is the potential outcome?
Anything worth basing an entire build on?

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
I don't know of any cap on this. BTW, "dmg goes to mana" does not reduce suffered damage, it just adds to your mana pool.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
I was referring to dmg goes to mana.

BTW, I might be wrong, but I doubt that there is a 95 cap on anything that cannot be expressed as a percentage. However, I'm not wrong with saying that percentual DR is capped at 50% :)

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
yoyos said:
"damage reduced by" si capped at 95.
It is not. Damage reduced by x% is capped at 50%, and plain (Magic) Damage reduced by x is not capped at all.