Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Redemption worthy to have?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by DeathMaster, Apr 4, 2005.

1. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

Redemption worthy to have?

for my holyshock zealot, should I have one point in Redemption or not?

It is handy in some areas, but at cost of 5 skill points, it is too much to ask for IMO. However, I've never played a zealot before, so do you guys (and girls) consider Redemption a wise investment or wasted of points?

2. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

I suggest saving those skill ponts and buy a scepter with + to Redemption instead. My TWD Paladin has one and likes it. As you say, very useful in some areas.

3. corax

corax IncGamers Member

Some builds where you venture that direction in skills( say hammerdin with vigor) its no big deal to put in a few more points for redemption.

but for a zealot its easier to just get a +redemtpion scepter

one of the EU scepters has it too IIRC

4. DeathMaster

Thanks, in a related question, what about Sanctuary? worth two points there?

I heard it make anything undead piece of cake, not even PI can save them. Worthy to have? I can think gloams will be easy with it.

5. shermo

shermo IncGamers Member

Correct - the redeemer :D

6. ArchAngel Tiberrius

ArchAngel Tiberrius Banned

I do not feel the point investment is that steep not to consider the investment. It is only one more point more than Vigor.

Tell me, how can you not afford the points for redemption?

7. corax

corax IncGamers Member

because he's making a holy shock zealot :D

and besides on a fanatic zealot i'd much rather pump defiance for uber defence

8. ArchAngel Tiberrius

I just realised that.

I understand your sentiments. However, I do not feel that the points required is out of question.

9. Mr Bigglesworth

Mr Bigglesworth IncGamers Member

I'd definitely put 1 into it.
    Cleansing is useful sometimes for reduced curse duration, vigor's always nice, and redemption can be a life saver.
    So the 5 points aren't really wasted.

10. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

Unless you've got something you are really intent on using on switch, then I'd go ahead and just use a scepter on switch. As a non-mana based character, Redmeption is just a way to save on potions, not really a required skill. Don't get me wrong, its quite handy, but those points are better spent in defiance.

I'm thinking that Sanctuary is probably not worth it either for you. It would only help you out against LIPI undead bosses. Quite frankly, that's not going to be very many monsters that you come across. Again, I'd go with defence instead. Especially since I'm guessing that this is in Hardcore.

11. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

That´s not how I think think about Redemption. I use it because it destroys corpses. All those Fallen type critters in act 1, and all the Burning Dead/Preserved Dead/Apparitions in Tal´s Tombs is much less of a threat if they don´t get resurrected.

12. whomhead

Good point. Redemption is also handy to get rid of things that can be ressurected. My point is still valid though I think, because those monsters aren't in that many places and you can switch weapons easily enough to clear out bodies as well as to recharge HP after a battle.

13. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

My exp with holy shock zealot (or any other sort of zealot) is that if you use dracul's, you'll never need redemption. If you need corpse disposal just slap on a nature's peace. Spend 5 skill points just to somewhat deal with monsters you don't see often just seems to be a waste to me.

14. water_moon

water_moon IncGamers Member

I'm like jiansonz, I prefer to use it to wipe up the body mess, not only does it help reduce lag but it keep the revivers from reviving and the corpse spitters from getting ammo, those buggers HURT in hell.

15. Mr Bigglesworth

Mr Bigglesworth IncGamers Member

Redemption is way more useful than just saving potions. It's one of the most useful corpse removal skills around.
    5 shamans that you can't get to coz you're buried in minions that pop up almost as fast as you can hit them? Flick to redemption for about 2 seconds & watch half the corpses disappear. We don't all have Nature's Peace, or can't spare the ring slot.

16. whomhead

And once again, I ask why this corpse removal can't be achieved just as easily by switching to a scepter with + Redemption on it? Same result, but none of the cost. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

17. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

Whomhead wins here. If you can get it from switch, do it.

However, any pally I ever build would feel very naked without Vigor + Cleansing. Running fast is great, and Cleansing is excellent for you, your merc and whole party. Very convienent skills.

crg

18. ArchAngel Tiberrius

This was exactly my point.

They are support skills, which outline the whole versatility of the Paladin.

Many Paladin builds have 5 skill points spare to place in these skills, which only add depth to the character.

For the argument of placing it on the switch. It seems absurd when there would be more useful candidates:

- Demon Limb
    - Azurewrath
    - Glimmershred
    - Widowmaker

19. sunbearie

sunbearie IncGamers Member

Thats a good point. Of course, if you find a sceptor with +Cleansing/Vigor/Redemption, you can save on all of them :)

Still, I would say it goes with convenience more than anything else. Every useful indeed but a luxary nonetheless IF you have no points to spare(which you should have normally)

20. DeathMaster

I completely disagree here. Most my builds finish at 85 or 86 if I do few runs on the way. 5 points are alot, and I don't think I can hardly spare 2 points in fact.

My build plan:

20 sacrifice, 20 zeal, 1 to holy shield -> 45 pionts in combat tree
    20 holy shock -> 23 in offensive tree
    20 resist lit -> 20 in defensive tree
    total ** points

At this point, my paly should be lvl79 or 78. I have about 8 more points after this level untill finish hell, I could spend them to Defiance or Salvation (safety or damage).

The most I could spare is to get Sanctuary, which at cost of 2 points.