Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Red sox or Yankees?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by mexicanoloco, Jun 21, 2005.

?

should the druid forum sticky for guides and builds be updated?

1. yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. mexicanoloco

mexicanoloco IncGamers Member

Red sox or Yankees?

Well..first post Ive made since my little vacations from the OTF...Im visiting NY and Boston in my vacations...and I wanna know which baseball team you prefer (since the rivalry is so tight)...personally Boston is my favorite team and I hate hate hatee the yankees..and since im gonna be in boston, i might go see them..

Boston or NY?

2. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

Red Sox. I just can't bring myself to ever cheer for the Yankees no matter who is playing for them.

3. mexicanoloco

mexicanoloco IncGamers Member

good choice ;)

4. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

Fugheddaboudit!

5. Full_Circle

Full_Circle IncGamers Member

Where's my spot to vote for a salary cap? :mad:

6. Jigga-Scrooge

Jigga-Scrooge IncGamers Member

yanks. i hate boston and damon has girly hair.

7. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

False dilemma. They both suck.

8. AjustinMyJonson

AjustinMyJonson IncGamers Member

Wheres the opotion to pick the Orioles? The O's will bump either the Sox or the Evil Empire out of the playoffs this year(that is, if the division even earns a wildcard spot).

9. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

Red Sox, obviously!

10. giantpinkbunnyhead

giantpinkbunnyhead IncGamers Member

Given only the two teams you provide, I go for the Sox. But, I'm in a quandary because my favorite player since 1992 is Randy Johnson. My most hated team since... forever... is the yanks. So, it's hard to root for my favorite player to win, yet wish for the yanks to lose at the same time.

I'll wish for strong performances by Randy, but weak performances from the others so that the yanks eat it. Go Sox!

11. Croup

Croup IncGamers Member

Exactly. The poll is basically Yankees vs Yankees Jr since the Red Sox have taken to doing exactly what the Yankees do. Just wait a couple of years until the Red Sox catch up in international marketing and then the two will REALLY be the same team.

It's all about small market teams, people. Teams that actually have farm systems and play baseball instead of throwing money at it. Go Twins!

12. bobmarley

bobmarley IncGamers Member

I don't like Boston. And uh if you are asking which team is better, the Yankees are. They've won so many World Series to count. Unlike the Red Sox.

13. Kawaii

Kawaii IncGamers Member

Boobies beat them both. It's like in rock, paper, scissors, boobies; flashing your boobs equals instant win.

14. giantpinkbunnyhead

Yes, boobies do beat both. In fact, boobies will generally beat every option in every poll, so pointing that out is merely an exercise in redundancy.

15. Raft Boy

Raft Boy IncGamers Member

This almost makes it ok that you're a Packer fan. Almost. :p

I stopped watching baseball altogether about a year ago, but the emergence of Santana for the Twins brought me back for some of their games. So I hate the Yankees for knocking out the Twins two years in a row. That, and I love the fact that Steinbrenner is playing fantasy baseball for real and is grossly overpaying players that are on the downside of their careers (Kevin Brown, I'm looking in your direction) and is getting nowhere near a good return for his investment. Yeah, he's actually spending money on his team (unlike some owners), but when a handful of his players make more individually than some teams do collectively, there's something out of balance there.

I used to like the Red Sox for the whole underdog/"woe is me" mentality that they had every year. I thought that Mastercard commercial about BoSox fans was hilarious. And then after they won it last year, I couldn't stand them. Not because they won, but because everywhere you looked, it was Red Sox this and Red Sox that. The whole country seemed like it had nothing but BoSox fans. Yeah, congrats on winning a title. Now stop shoving it down our throats every waking moment of every day. And as far as being the ultimate underdog nowadays? Um, you guys really can't play that card anymore.

We're gonna win Twins, we're gonna score! We're gonna win Twins, watch that baseball soar!

16. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

that's like asking me which leg I'd want chopped off, I can't win

17. Rius666

Rius666 IncGamers Member

Not quite. Although the Red Sox do have the second biggest salary they are a much better team than the yankees. What i mean by that is they know how to play the game; they know the fundamentals of baseball, small ball, and they all get along together and work well as a team instead of just nine guys on the field.

The yankees aren't a team, they don't work well together, they are lacking in certain elements of their game. All they are are just a buncha super stars lumped together by steinbrenner, who btw doesn't know jack about how to put together a team.

18. giantpinkbunnyhead

Pretty much the truth there. Most teams are teams, but the yanks are a business. Most teams win world series rings; Steinbrenner buys them.

19. Suicidal Zebra

Suicidal Zebra IncGamers Member

Boston or NY?

Whomever scores the most goals I guess.

20. Croup

Croup IncGamers Member

Here I disagree. True, the Red Sox play baseball better than the Yankees, but that doesn't make them a shining example. What the Red Sox do is make slightly better use of their talent than the Yankees do because they build a team properly. But that doesn't mean that they are proof of how the game should be played. The Angels play small ball, the Marlins play small ball, the Twins play small ball. The Red Sox are still a team focused on power that happens to play small ball better than some others.

And as for the whole team aspect, again, moreso than the Yankees. But you can't tell me that Manny and Pedro are less of mercenaries than Shefield and Rodriguez, or that Shilling is more of a team player than Brown or Johnson. Just because you look slightly better than the Yankees, that does not make you better than the rest of baseball.