Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Red Lake incident

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Riegn, Apr 14, 2005.

1. Riegn

Riegn IncGamers Member

Red Lake incident

Im just curious if anyone else has found the coverage of this horrid incident as bad as I have. I have many friends in the native community and they seem pissed about how little coverage has taken place. The more I think about it the more I agree that the media has done a piss poor job on this subject. Had this been at a school like columbine it would have been plastered all over the news, but since a few native kids were blown away who cares???? 10 people including Wiese were killed here, 7 kids gunned down but Terri gets more coverage.

It just seems sick that since the media cant blame video games they just seem to ignore it. Perhaps if this would have made the news it would have been seen how many native kids fall through the cracks, then again maybe thats why it was not.

Sorry if this seemed like a rant.

2. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

It's been done before, that's why it isn't so big.

3. Riegn

Riegn IncGamers Member

agree but I still have the feeling had this happened on some nice heart of the U.S white majority school it would have been everywhere in the news

4. Necrolestes

Necrolestes IncGamers Member

An incident? Try a massacre.

Possibly, riegn, but I think the media and the populace as a whole is sick of glorifying these little sickos by giving them media coverage, albeit posthumously. Everyone who wants to shoot up a school can look to Klebold and Harris, the "heroes" of school massacres. If their names had been withheld, there could still be as many school shootings but no one would be doing it for notoriety (no one would want to be the next Klebold or Harris because no one would know or care who the hell they were).

5. Newman

Newman IncGamers Member

It's nothing new, it's commonplace now for that to happen.