Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Red-haired girl in the Cinematic Trailer

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by bwong, Jun 27, 2010.

1. bwong

bwong IncGamers Member

Red-haired girl in the Cinematic Trailer

... Is Gillian from Diablo I!

Now I have never finished the game in question but I know enough about it and the lore around it to make this educated guess. Gillian believed that her grandmother could see visions of the future/prophesies eccetera. Her grandmother was the only thing tying her down to Tristram. My guess is that when Tristram fell her grandmother died and she somehow survived. With nothing left for her in Tristram she left and moved on to the next closest 'safe' haven and there she starts to have dreams/nightmares of the impending doom upon her kind (Humanity? Nephalem? Lesser Nephalem?) What I mean to say is that good ol' grams that nobody believed except for of course Gillian was right all along and she really COULD see the future. Now Gillian is blessed/cursed with the gift of foresight her progenitor had (Maybe because the world stone broke and that triggered an awakening in some of her suppressed powers, the world stone caused Nephalem to get weaker as generations passed) and she didn't know what do to. Wandering from place to place she eventually bumped into Cain and after greetings between old friends she discussed her visions with him. He was intrigued and they for some reason decide to go back to Old Tristram to look for something. Then giant flaming rocks start falling out of the sky. Druid? I don't think so. Anyways that's pretty much what happened in the cinematic and the narrator said she had 'seen' what was to come. The only problem I see is that the character depicted in the cinematic was quite young, she seemed to be in her early twenties and Gillian if still alive would most likely be in her late thirties or even early forties.

Anyways, when I was reading up on the lore of Diablo I and what all the townsfolk say and stuff, I came across that bit about the grandmother and couldn't help but make a connection to the character in the cinematic with what seemed like the same curse/abilities/powers.:coffee:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
  2. Moonfrost

Moonfrost IncGamers Member

3. bwong

bwong IncGamers Member

Re: Red-haired girl in the Cinematic Trailer

Aww fudge muffins and brownies :steam: Well that sucks as my theory just went down the tube. Gillian couldn't be her mother, her father is too old and ugly haha :scratchchin: Maybe the father adopted her : P In any case I just thought the future sense was an interesting correlation to Gillian's gramms. Also she is quite the looker, as from what I can tell Gillian was the same.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010