Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Recovering runes?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Stridshorn, May 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stridshorn

Stridshorn Diabloii.Net Member

Hey all

First off sorry if this is in the wrong place, I could not find a better place to post it.

I was stupid and socketed my runes into an item with stats, because I got excited and thought I could get a "super-runeword". Is there a way to take the runes out of the armor in SP or shall I just suck it up and go grind again?

2. GalaXyHaXz

GalaXyHaXz Diabloii.Net Member

"Blizzard cannot restore lost items for any reason including due to your failure to properly create a Rune Word."

Only way to get your runes back is "cheating" i.e. an editor. Probably best to farm more, especially if they weren't high runes. I had a friend fail to make Destruction on bnet once (Vex Lo Ber Jah Ko) by putting it in the wrong item (Axe). It sucks but it happens.

Edit: quick tip. If you ever mess something up, minimize the game. Then close Diablo with task manager to prevent it from saving. This shouldn't be abused obviously, but it may help if you mess up in the future or click the wrong difficulty.

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  3. darkstarhub

darkstarhub Diabloii.Net Member

My first piece of advice is to read about Runes on the wiki if you haven't already. Unfortunately the Runes are lost forever and you just have a stat stick now.

4. BKC

BKC Diabloii.Net Member

no worries @Stridshorn it happened to all of us, for some of us it has been a while maybe but believe me in some extend to all of us!

5. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

They are gone, get over it.
    What runes were they anyway?

6. Stridshorn

Stridshorn Diabloii.Net Member

They were one of the lower ones, but I just wanted to redo the mistake, seems I at least earned some real life xp for my stupidity :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.