Recovering CD Key

UrbanHeroics

Diabloii.Net Member
Recovering CD Key

Hello all,

I just got a new comp and I was gonna put D2X on it, but I can't find the damn sleeve that had the CD key on it. Ive still got the game on my old desktop and my laptop. How can I find out my CD key so that I can play D2 on my new comp?

Thanks

Gorny

Banned
Hello all,

I just got a new comp and I was gonna put D2X on it, but I can't find the damn sleeve that had the CD key on it. Ive still got the game on my old desktop and my laptop. How can I find out my CD key so that I can play D2 on my new comp?

Thanks
At the top of this forum, there is a thread titled Community Forum Rules and Links Thread. Look in that thread and in the links section there is a link to Stompawampa's guide to recovering CD Keys. The information in that guide is the only information that can be offered on these forums.

UrbanHeroics

Diabloii.Net Member
Where to find?

In that sticky, he says to use a program to get the CD key out of the install file on my comp...... what is the name of one of these programs that I can use?

Gorny

Banned
In that sticky, he says to use a program to get the CD key out of the install file on my comp...... what is the name of one of these programs that I can use?

If you read further the guide gives more information after mentioning that you can use a third party program.

Since doing so is against Blizzard's EULA and TOS, and per the rules of this forum,we cannot give you any information on where to get such a program, what name it would have or how to use it, sorry.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
If you still have a computer with an installation, you can try to copy the complete installation directory. I wouldn't be surprised if that worked.