Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Recommended gear for a PvP Charger?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by eatenbyrobots, Jul 19, 2010.

1. eatenbyrobots

eatenbyrobots IncGamers Member

Recommended gear for a PvP Charger?

Unless the info is buried in that impressive stack of Paladin guides I've just looked through. I couldn't find a good gear selection for a Charger in PvP. I assume Grief or a hefty Death. Maybe a Doom so you can stack Fanat on top of the slowing effect? I'm just curious on the $0.02 here about this.

I was also considering Zodding my eth Rune Master and plugging 2 Ohm + 2 Lo into it and having a killer deadly strike in an attempt to one-hit suckas, but I wasn't sure if this was a fool's path of thought.

And any other thoughts on general gear? If there's a guide I should already be looking at a link would suffice too.

2. thowix

thowix IncGamers Member

Re: Recommended gear for a PvP Charger?

I would say if you REALLY wanna 1 hit kill people... A griefz (for the range, it comes handy trust me), a fortitude armor, and a pheonix shield...700%ed... now thats some real damage lol

For the deadly strike, just get highlords and gores and youll be fine...

Also, another reason to use grief is cuz of smite, which will come in handy, most of the time when charge misses and your just standing there ontop of someone swinging your weapon lol.

3. mephiztophelez

mephiztophelez IncGamers Member

4. Kinky

Kinky IncGamers Member

5. eatenbyrobots

eatenbyrobots IncGamers Member

+2billion

Thanks for the thread. I think I'm going to try a few things out. I wanted to make a character who I could bring in to shock-harass NKers and the general griefing crowd so I may end up with a Smiter with a minor in Charge, and then respec once that gets boring to pure 2h Smiter for having actual fun instead of pretending to be Batman on bnet.

Expensive top-notch gear for Paladins, though. CoA? Jaysus.

6. mephiztophelez

mephiztophelez IncGamers Member

if you're going the smiter-with-a-strong-charge route, then you'll need %DR and lots of it.

the 2h variant of chargers can use a Guillaumes Face helm quite happily and %DR can go hang.

here's a suggested gearset for a smite/charge variant.

Hat: CoA, ideal socketing is a Ber and a res/requirements jewel or 2x Ber.
    Amulet: Highlords Wrath (the %DS/lvl adds HUGE amounts to average charge damage, the 20% ias is also nice.
    Armour: low strength requirement Enigma.
    belt: verdungos for %DR
    gloves: i like bloodfists.
    rings: ravenfrost and either a sorb ring or a nice rare stats/life maybe even FCR ring.
    boots: waterwalks add huge life.
    wep: grief phase blade
    shield: i'd go an up'd HoZ myself, ber it for %DR if needed. a Sanctuary shield can proved massive resistance stack or an icky, bleaghy Exile if that takes your fancy.
    switch: CtA/Spirit combo.