Recommendations for Exile

spencert

Diabloii.Net Member
Recommendations for Exile

I need to know what mods to look for while making an exile shield for my V/T. Any recommendations are welcome.

Singollo

Diabloii.Net Member
a v/t is better off with HoZ and if you are on ladder, an upgraded HoZ is the best shield for a v/t. the +2 skills and +2 combat skill, 50 all resist, 40 iin stats, good block. thats perfect

now if you must use exile, ethereal vortex shield with the auto mod of 40-45 all resist. exile is more of a zealot item, but if you went max out on smite, i guess if may have use if u are going to be smiteing more. imo the best v/ts have smite as back up and focus on foh and this makes the better shield HoZ

just my $0.02

spencert

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks guys.... yes, my V/T is more focus on smite... maxed. Thus, my FOH is kinda weak just slightly over 1k. I'm using upgraded HoZ now but I'm thinking an exile would be better for smite. I play in public pk so bm is not a problem.

Vindi66

Banned
spencert said:
Thanks guys.... yes, my V/T is more focus on smite... maxed. Thus, my FOH is kinda weak just slightly over 1k. I'm using upgraded HoZ now but I'm thinking an exile would be better for smite. I play in public pk so bm is not a problem.

Uped HOZ is better than exhile for smiting.

inogreen

Diabloii.Net Member
i got ed shield

hey thought i would leave a post.

i have a really good smiter shield...if you would like to buy! $$

4 soc, eth
Vortex Shield
around 290? defense... if not more?
64 ed
107 AR

[email protected] :yep:

der-xuan

Diabloii.Net Member
erm sorry but why get eth?
exile doesnt have indestructable mod does it?
i noe smiting takes durability off weapon instead but ppl will hit u..
i think zakurum is better than vortex.. all the elite shields have average of 46 dmg..zakurum shield has 46-46...i'd rather have a good min dmg...

AuraAllan

Diabloii.Net Member
Exile does NOT have indestructable mod on it, however, it DOES have the SWEET repairs 1 durability in 25 secs.

This makes the sheild as good as indestructable.

~AuraAllan~

Edit: Dammit Sonic. u beat me 2 it :)

Lunatic

Diabloii.Net Member
AuraAllan said:
Exile does NOT have indestructable mod on it, however, it DOES have the SWEET repairs 1 durability in 25 secs.

This makes the sheild as good as indestructable.

~AuraAllan~

Edit: Dammit Sonic. u beat me 2 it :)
it's 1 dura every 4 sec btw. :p

memememe173

Diabloii.Net Member
der-xuan said:
erm sorry but why get eth?
exile doesnt have indestructable mod does it?
i noe smiting takes durability off weapon instead but ppl will hit u..
i think zakurum is better than vortex.. all the elite shields have average of 46 dmg..zakurum shield has 46-46...i'd rather have a good min dmg...
Actually one shield has 46.5 average damage :p

spencert

Diabloii.Net Member
For those that have tried out exile and HoZ, instead of just making a bold statement as to which is better.. pls describe why one is better than the other. It will help me understand better.

Feydr

Diabloii.Net Member
There's 2 mods that make exile a very nice shield: one is the chance to cast lifetap and the second is the ability to get another aura, which ofcourse is cool. But its really the chance to cast lifetap which is the reason why you're using a exile. And do try to get hold of a shield with nice resi, its rather important now.

StrikexForce

Diabloii.Net Member
yea resist is very very important. i think sacred rondaches are the best, and the coolest shields in the game.

Vindi66

Banned
spencert said:
For those that have tried out exile and HoZ, instead of just making a bold statement as to which is better.. pls describe why one is better than the other. It will help me understand better.

If you need the life tap then get draculs gloves. HOZ will give you the highest damage for your smite which you said was the focus of your build. + skillz is what you need for a good smiter and uped HOZ has more than exhile.

Pravda

Diabloii.Net Member
Use marrowwalk if you need life tap. Then take gold and nk so you can repair. :clap: :clap: :clap: