Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Recipe and Item requirment

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by pwn, May 27, 2005.

1. pwn

pwn IncGamers Member

Recipe and Item requirment

2 corrections im not sure where to submit them.
    1. Strength required on a shard (normal unique blade) is 51 not 61.

2. I tried the 6 skull + rare item recipe. the item didnt transform just stayed the same, lower level according to the recipe, but no change. and i lost the 6 p skulls.

2. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

did you get the info off d2.net or the arreat summit?

3. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

1) I can't find any "normal unique blade" or a "shard"? What item are you talking about here?

2) The item doesn't change, only the lvl (and stats) do. If they say that the items transforms, they mean: it gets different stats.

4. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

The Spectral Shard (unique Blade, of the dagger class).

To the original poster, it's been too long since anyones updated the dii.net item database (there's even items still there that do not exist in 1.10 (if at all), like the Merman's Sprocket (elite boots) and the Spirit Keeper (elite armor). For a more accurate (though, not perfect) item list, your better off checking arreat summit (http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/normal/udaggers.shtml).

5. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

The way you are calling that normal, unique dagger, and mentioning the 6 pskulls recipe leads me to the assumption that you are talking about D2 classic.

According to here, a Spectral Shard has a str req of 35 and a dex req of 51. This info from V1.10, but perhaps you are playing single player with an old version of the game...

I never heard that the 6 pskull recipe doesn't work, but perhaps that recipe was buggy in old game versions. I also remember that these recipes accept more gems/skulls than needed and still work, but it might also be the case that they work the wrong way then. For example, when you retrieve the Horadric Cube and listen to Cain directly after that, he suggests to use 4 or 5 gems to upgrade them. That worked in older versions, even though you just need 3 of them.

6. pwn

pwn IncGamers Member

No, im definetly not mistaken. maybe there was a glitch.
    Im playing D2 Classic Hardcore. Quite a bit challenging.
    anyways, i put in a rare battle hammer and 6 p.skulls in the cube.
    clicked the transform button. 6 skulls disappeared.
    and i had the exact same item (same stats) as i put in.
    only different ilvl of the item dropped from 93 to 62 or so.

and i dont believe shard ever required 61 str. its not an old version from 1.09 or before. its simply wrong.

7. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

Nobody says the shard requires 61 strength.
    www.diabloii.net says it requires 61 dexterity, the arreat summit http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/normal/udaggers.shtml says 51 dexterity. 51 dex is correct.
    Much of the item info on diabloii.net after 1.10 came from a pre release list that was posted by blizzard unintentionally. (hence the merman's sprocket unique elite boot that doesnt exist) This list was not final, but for whatever reason diabloii.net has chosen not to update it.

8. krischan

I'm quite sure they just pretended that it has been an accident, to wet the mouths of the players, so they could furtherly delay the release of 1.10 and/or lure back those who left D2 before they become addictive to a different game...

9. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

I wouldn't be suprised. I remember how happily we (my clan) jumped and drooled over it...especially the new set bonuses!

10. krischan

I remember that somebody paid a fortune (several HRs) for a perfect, ethereal Hone Sundan before 1.10 came out. I ask myself what he did when he realized that he can't upgrade exceptional uniques to elite in non-ladder...

I for myself collected the BotD runes and an ethereal CB before 1.10 came out, but I had an unfortunate accident when socketing the weapon. Right after 1.10 came out, I leaned the hard way that the cube recipe doesn't add maximum sockets, but a random number... 2 in my case :lol: