Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

~rebuilding jabber, help is nice :}~

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by MrGoth, Jun 7, 2005.

1. MrGoth

MrGoth Diabloii.Net Member

~rebuilding jabber, help is nice :}~

Gear {hopefully :p};
    ~"shael" ss & Wraiths Flight {unique ghost glaive thing}
    ~ebotd ghost spear weapon switch 2
    ~14x/60%ias +hp armor
    ~giant skull with 1x 27%ed/15ias jewel & 1 39%ed/13 max jewel
    ~highlords
    ~2x raven frosts
    ~gories
    ~dungos
    ~crafted +2passive/ias gloves {if i can find good ones}

~10x passive gcs with mass +hp, 1x anni, and 9x random +ar sc's.

Skills;
    +20 jab
    +20 inner site
    +20 penetrate
    +20 valk
    +10/5/5 dodge/evade/avoid

Rest in dodge/evade/avoid as i level more.

Last time i screwed up her attack speed rather horrible, but this time I think i figured it out ok. With the first weapon switch i attack at 6 frames with jab, and with the big ol tridant o' doom i'll attack at 5.

A question although; I read in the pvp jabber guide that fhr is neat to have, but it doesnt really help with dodge/evade/avoid, so would investing in any be worth while?

{this is just for dueling melees such as barbs / pallys / druids, I doubt a trapper or shock bear would be around to duel this one}.

And are there any obvious flaws?

2. SevasTra

SevasTra Diabloii.Net Member

well as you will be doing melee only , you really dont need anything in avoid or evade other than to get valkyrie.

as for javalins I would suggest upgraded titans(eth if possible) because the +2 java will add damage / attack rate , the +2 amazon will further up your damage and attack of jab while adding to penetrate , plus titans also offers that nifty 20 str 20 dex which means EVEN more attack rate / damage.

Could possibly swap armor to Stone if you are requiring Fhr , and a good defence.

A good helm choice is always valkyrie wing , which will off you another 20% fhr +2 skills , could ias jewel it. That would put you 6% fhr under for a good break point , Just remember to try and not overkill on your dodge , as you cannot attack while in dodge animation.

Also its personal preferance but id use angelics , and just put around 10 points into critical strike.

10x passive charms(read above about dodge) maybe leave dodge at 1 and let items add to it while finding a balance of passive and javalin charms

Could even consider the nice attack rate / defence boost from hsaurus boots / belt.

-just my 2 cents , hope this was some help.

3. hulla-hop

hulla-hop Diabloii.Net Member

giant skull with knockback on a jabber? doesnt sound like a great idea to me

4. ToThePoint

ToThePoint Diabloii.Net Member

neither does using ghost glaives when they are rubbish, you are not poor so why choose those over eth upped titans?
    Also gl jabbing (edit: effectively) with a 2 hander.
    Next, giant skull? i'll add the 39/13 jewel means its damage is bugged.
    Why so much in valk? Not sure but can they do anything vs a melee build in pvp? If not id rather see point in crit.

5. hulla-hop

hulla-hop Diabloii.Net Member

yeh, critical and penetrate or whatever the 10% ar pr lvl skill is...valk is rubbish

6. MrGoth

~

At level 17 the valk will come with a rare warpike, and with alot in my passive tree she should be able to do quite well. The was something i left out in my last build, she really needed a better tank.

The knock back was an idea that i toyed with also with my last jabber. It happend to save my ass more than annoy me, mainly when going up against ww barbs, and even more so ebotd/beast duel axe barbs. It seemed to totaly screw them over.

The two hander is simply for a range advantage in specific duels that I know not having a shield or %dr would help {known as necromancers}.

I dont see what you mean by "the damage is bugged" ToThePoint, it is simply a giant skull that i've had on a merc with two weakish jewels i've dumped in them. I only needed 15% ias from a helm to get a 5/6 frame attack with my top proposed weapons, and thats what I have in my hands.

It just so happens it also has knock back and crushing blow, which I really do like when dueling high hp barbs/druids/everyone with massive +hp skillers which seems to be alot these days.

And sevastra, swaping helm & armor for those would murder my attack speed. And I highly doubt i'll have any attack rating problems, my last only used 1 frost and crap ar charms and had over 13k, and that was before applying inner site, which hands down solves almost all attack rating problems once its past lvl 30. ;) Mine will be 32 {-1815 to enemy deffense}, and my critical will be at lvl 13 with 1 pt in it, which is 61% chance. With highlords & goreis i'm sure my chance to do twice damage will be fine.

edits; forgot about the ghost glaves. The idea behind them is to use something that is simply not used at all. Its like my dragon claw assassin with duel shadowkillers. I know there are alot of godly rare claws out and about but its the novelty of using them that I like, same with this stuipdly slow javalin that looks rather grotesque.

To follow that comment I do plan on swaping the ebotd ghost spear with a Matriarchal Spear when i get one, simply for possible +skills and the idea of using something that most likely hasnt been made on realm. {that I know of} I do know the damage will be lower, for absolutly nothing other than possible +3 to java skills, which wont make up for the loss of damage.

Sounds dumb doesnt it?

Either way about the main weapon, I origonally used eth gargoyles bite, which had the same speed as upped titans. I might elect to go dig this up and also get my hands on a titans just to see which fits better.

And by the way, I'm not that rich, I cannot afford to go and buy some godly upped eth titans. My wealth lies in gear thats packed away on mules that I randomly select to use in obscene builds such as this. The only things I dont have at hand for this build at this very moment are the gloves and grand charms, so please dont assume that I can make her the godliest with the snap of my fingers. ;)

edits #2, valk stats {assuming i get all the grand charms}
    Lvl 32 valk;
    3940-4704 hp
    775% damage boost {with a rare war pike = ouch}
    2560 attack boost
    310 deff boost, which is pretty solid with the rare shadow plate {i think thats what spawns}

Also with a base 10/5/5 dodge/avoid/evade, she and I would both have 57/63/54% chance to dodge/avoid/evade.

The idea of evade and avoid have been stiring in my head although. And i'm not quite sure if i want to put point in them or just keep them at lvl 1, and dodge at 5.

I'm also not sure where else to put those stat points when I get her up this far? Any ideas?

7. ToThePoint

ed/max ed/min ed/max/min jewels adding ed% after +max are all bugged to add damage incorrectly - its been that way since 1.10 beta. (there is a post in pvp faw for an example)
    As for the glaives , being different is one thing but for eth upped titans to beat them in effectiveness they would not have to be of very high standard.

8. SevasTra

also take into consideration that glaive has a slower base speed than matriarchal javalins , if going different you could use the unique winged harpoon.

as for speeds - 90 ias is a great break dont get me wrong

valk - 15 from jewel
    gloves - 20
    cats eye / highlords - 20
    stormshield - 15 jewel
    since you dont like stone and want a custom armor
    could go like jewelers of stability with 2x ** / 15 jewels / cham / ?

this would leave you at 90 ias break point while still keeping stills and such

yes inner site is great , but figure paladins and such pulling 34k+ attack rate and 40k+ defence , level 32 inner site isnt even going to dent that.

9. Bigrob

Bigrob Banned

change the jewel in ur giant skulls for two ed/ias jewel. If u want, the better setup is enigma + 2s coa. (kb is not really good for meleers cuz u leave chances for range attackers to escape)

60ias/ed armor is irrelevant for jabber. With enigma + coa, u will already have max pdr with ss. So u can switch ur belt to some nice 10ow craft belt. Ias can be achieve else where.

And yah, definitely use eth up'd titan if u can afford, and cta on switch. Use that two-handed ebotd ghost spear when facing casters for greater dmg and range.

the charms setup can be like this (imo):

5x passive gcs /w life&fhr
    full up rest of it with max/ar/life charms.

Provide better offense, good amount of health, and decent defense on dodge/aviod/evade.

10. aznbboi16

aznbboi16 Diabloii.Net Member

I would stick with the 60ias armor. Jab is weak. Your advantages over other melee are your speed (fastest uninterruptible attack in the game), dodge and the ability to cut huge amounts of defense off your opponent.

You will probably want to go look for those eth Gargoyle bites or try to find a pair of low %ed upped eth titans. Better option would be a rare eth replenish mat/hyperion javs/winged harps with 40ias. With a total of 168 IAS on a -10 base javelin, you will attack at 4 frames per hit. You could get that with a pair of 20ias gloves, highlords, 60ias armor, 30ias helm and 40ias -10 speed javs.
    Next lower bp is 117 IAS if you can't reach 168. That will give you 4 1/3 fpa. I would at least aim for the 117 IAS BP.

As for obtaining these rare javs, pick up eth javs/throwing spears/maiden javs and their exceptional and elite counterparts and imbue them with relatively high level characters. It will be a long hard search, but you will have a mean jabber. Best option besides rares are upped eth titans imo. If you're only going for the 4 1/3 fpa bp, then upped eth titans are probably the best option for the +skills, high damage, stats and fr/w.

I honestly think you should swap out those ghost glaives for something faster though. Javs in general aren't very powerful, so you really need speed to make up for that. You can attack faster than almost anything in the game and it is uninterruptible to top it off.

I would also have a pair of titans (eth or non) on switch with stormshield for casting inner sight. You're going to want to lower their defense as low as possible and negate one of their advantages. You may not even need much AR if your inner sight is high enough to lower their defense less than 5k. Only characters I would expect problems with that are exile paladins, eth stone paladins/barbs and the worst of them all, an exile/eth stone paladin (due to their very high base defense).

11. Bigrob

Bigrob Banned

one question, why max inner sight? It wont decrease much def to pally or barb. (only around 2-4k) Prove to me if im wrong because conviction shares the same problem with -defense on its effect. I think they both only decreases the base def instead of total def, but again i might be wrong.

ya, i see that 60ias/ed armor is better for faster attacking speed.

i would max out critical strike than inner. (it doubles ur dmg and valk, and u can switch highlord to cat for frw. :D) Usually casters already have low def so if u max out pentrate with max/ar charms u shouldn't have any problem hitting them.

12. ToThePoint

decreasing base defense is the same as decreasing total def as the reduction in base def gets multiplied by %def.
    Conv comes off the +%def, inner sight works from base so its alot better.

13. Bigrob

Bigrob Banned

ic. But what is the difference? +%def?

MrGoth: i would max out cs first then valk.

14. MrGoth

~

I plan on using highlords & gorriders for deadly strike. Base level 1 critical will be pushed up to 13 with my gear as of now {possibly higher if i elect to change helms}, which is 61%. I know deadly and critical add up in an odd way, but i'm sure i'll have enough with it at base 1 :)

Ty all for the imput, tis very good.

I'll have to try and find my garg bites. If i recall i gave it to a friend for him to have a merc that doesnt completly suck. This friend is also as bad as I am when it comes to puting things away on mules, so i doubt he will have traded them.

And thats a good comment on imbueing there, although I save all my imbue quests for ethereal crystal swords and demi blades :). Those prove to have much better resale value than any java that might spawn.

15. ToThePoint

No. example alert.

Pala 2k base def, +500%edef
    vs pala lvl 20 conviction (-90%):
    = pala with 2 k base def and 410%edef = 10200 def

vs ama lvl 20 inner sight (-815 base def)
    =pala with 1185 base def and +500%def = 6948 def

Any skill/item which works on base def also gets carried through in the multiplication stage.

16. SevasTra

well ok since your going to have a great critical strike , you shouldnt need ds% , gores would still be viable for the open wounds , but cs and ds dont stack. either one happens or the other , so you could opt for a cats eye to increase your dex and that added +100 defence , or if your not worryed about the open woulds could use treks to save points and pump more in life , plus get that sexy 20% faster hit recovery and poison resist(public? expect 290s)