Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Reapers Toll MF Build?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by MoneyMike, Jul 9, 2010.

1. MoneyMike

MoneyMike IncGamers Member

Reapers Toll MF Build?

Hey guys,

Recently started playing D2 again on single player. I'm playing with the 1.11b patch, and PlugY.

My first character was a summoner necro, he's currently doing pit runs. I'd originally planned on having him do pit runs until I could equip a hammerdin for MF, however I just came across a Reapers Toll while I was doing pit runs today.

Is it feasible to try and create an MF build that will use Reapers Toll? I was thinking either a WW barb or a Fury druid, but I don't know how well they would work as MF builds. (my experience with both classes is pretty limited)

And if you don't think an MF build with this weapon is a good idea, what NON mf build would you suggest? I definately want to use it for a melee character at some point.

Thanks for any advice!
    MoneyMike

2. Shagsbeard

Shagsbeard IncGamers Member

Re: Reapers Toll MF Build?

First, I'd like to say that PlugY isn't one of our accepted mods, so if you are planning on joining the discussion here, you should reconsider it's use.

Secondly, Reapers is a fine weapon and since you can kill things with it, you can MF with it. It might not be as good as 10 or 12 other choices, but it's fine to use. A WW barb gets the bonus of being able to hork the corpses left for a second drop... always a good thing. I've never enjoyed the fury druid... it just seems like a zealot plays that role better for me. I've never really played one to any great degree though.

My advice is to keep playing your necro until you get more stuff... then you wont be constrained as to what next character you want to play should look like.

3. MoneyMike

Can I ask what you mean by accepted mods? I read the board rules, and the part about unacceptable mods. I assumed that it just meant maphack, and other mods which give advantages to the player. I use PlugY simply because I do not want to deal with the hassle of having tons of mule characters on Battle.Net. (I want to play untwinked, so I'll be doing no trading, but I would like to be able to transfer items between characters)

Sorry, I know this probably is not the right forum for this question, and I'm a newb to this forum so I apologize if I've broken the ToS just by mentioning PlugY. Just seeking a little clarification.

4. ReadyTorches

ReadyTorches IncGamers Member

From what I know Atma or go mule will take care of your muling problem, and is excepted by the forums. Plugy is not aloud because of the other 'perks' it gives.

Your simple solution is to remove plugy and install atma or gomule.

5. Shagsbeard

Shagsbeard IncGamers Member

GoMule is a much better muling application than either ATMA or PlugY. PlugY allows you to find items that can't be generated by the standard SP installation, and because of this, we've excluded it from the acceptable practices of the forum. You're free to play the game as you want, but not to bring it here either in trade or in discussion. GoMule is great by the way... you'll never go back to ATMA or PlugY.

6. MoneyMike

Ahhh never heard of ATMA or GoMule, this has been my first time using any mod. I'll have to check those out. Thanks for the info guys, didn't mean to break the rules.

7. Cyrax

Cyrax IncGamers Member

The acceptable mods can be found in the stickies. Here is a link to what mods are and are not accepted.

I think PlugY isn't accepted since it's also a trainer (i may be wrong here). You may use it just for muling purposes, but we have other methods to achieve that (which are approved by this forum). There are basically 2 approved applications for that. ATMA and GoMule. You can find them both in the stickies and 1 of the stickies is even specifically geared towards answering any questions you have about them.

As long as you don't trade and/or MP here you can continue to use PlugY if you like, since it only affects only your computer/characters. But be aware that if you plan to do either of them (now or in the future) that you'd have a problem. In that case i'd advise to take contact with the mods here (as in moderator) to hear what the appropriate action is. But i'm guessing their answer would be to remove PlugY and do a full restart before trading/MPing.

As to your original question: i don't think reapers is a very good MFing weapon. IIRC the ctc decrep doesn't go off while whirling (not sure about fury) so you'd loose the biggest strength of the weapon. It is a very nice merc weapon though. Just not for using with a summon necro since it will override your own curses.

Edit: damn, double pwnd