Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Reaper of Souls PTR Shutting Down Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Flux, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Flux

Flux Administrator

Flux Submitted a news story

Reaper of Souls PTR Shutting Down Tomorrow

[caption id="attachment_382309" align="alignright" width="250"][​IMG] Mixed type goblin packs are awesome.[/caption]With the Patch coming next week, the devs are shutting down the Reaper of Souls PTR tomorrow morning, US time. (There is only one PTR server that everyone in the world connects to, so when it shuts down, it's gone for everyone simultaneously.)

Patch 2.1.2 PTR Ending Soon

In preparation for the launch of patch 2.1.2, we will be shutting down the PTR tomorrow, January 9, at approximately 11:00 a.m. PST. At that time, you will no longer be able to log in to the PTR client, all PTR accounts will be reset, and the PTR Feedback and PTR Bug Report forums will be marked as read-only.

Please note that any progress you made on the PTR will not transfer over to your Diablo III account.

Thank you to everyone who participated in this PTR and provided feedback. We look forward to releasing patch 2.1.2 to the public shortly![source]http://diablo.incgamers.com/blizzard-tracker/devthread/us/15699374337[/source]

[​IMG]It's logical that the PTR will shut down with the patch imminent (it was content-complete weeks ago, so it's not like any PTR testing is providing valuable input), but those of us who have played only on the PTR for the past month+ are in for a shock going back to normal accounts on live. Even if it's just a week (or so) to wait for Patch 2.1.2, I'm going to miss the Goblin variety, Ancient Items, improved item sets, new legendaries, higher Grift density, etc.

And that's not even considering that my PTR account has 300 more Paragon Levels and much better geared chars, thanks to the +2000% legendary drop rate buff. And I was playing softcore on the PTR, so my chars had much higher DPS. Odds of me posting some rant in the forums tomorrow about the BS cheesy whatever that just killed off my best char in live, purely since I was used to being indestructible on the PTR? *cough*

My first world problems aside, if you want a preview taste of the changes coming in Patch 2.1.2, this is your last change. Hope on the PTR tonight, copy over your account, and go for it. Or don't expect any sympathy when you're surprised by the big changes in the next patch.
    Continue reading the Original Story

2. ADest

ADest IncGamers Member

Looks like it's already down. Log In just freezes on retrieving hero list.

3. mortuus

mortuus Diablo: IncGamers Member

just give us the damn update.. should have been out today :/(