Realm Downs.

Polydueces

Diabloii.Net Member
Realm Downs.

Ok. This is really starting to piss me off...I play like 1-2 games soemtimes and then get a f'ing realm down...I take my time when I create my games or join games and yet I still get the bs. What the hell is it doing this for? I have to wait like 3 hours to get on after a rd...and it seriously blows. What the hell can I do to stop this ****?

Polydueces

Tim B

Diabloii.Net Member
Polydueces said:
Ok. This is really starting to piss me off...I play like 1-2 games soemtimes and then get a f'ing realm down...I take my time when I create my games or join games and yet I still get the bs. What the hell is it doing this for? I have to wait like 3 hours to get on after a rd...and it seriously blows. What the hell can I do to stop this ****?

Polydueces
they seem to be occuring on a daily basis at the moment. usually mid afternoonish too.

stkrause

Diabloii.Net Member
Normaly i have no problems with RD, but today I get one EVERY <censored> TIME I QUIT A GAME. :rant:
And even if it was a questing game I've been playing for 20 minutes+. Everytime I quit I'm back at the login screen. And when I log in: RD. :grrr:

OK, I understand that when I'm muling, or boss running, or whatever. But not when I'm QUESTING! :mad:

*stkrause

Necrochild313

Diabloii.Net Member
I've been getting them pretty bad too today, and they usually last for 1/2 hour to an hour :eek:

In fact, that is exactly what I'm doing now :mad:

I haven't been doing anything erroneous to cause it, it happens when I'm just going about my business :(

SDK

Diabloii.Net Member
I notice most of you are on the europe realm, i haven't had the same problem on useast. I got 1 rd yesterday, but then i was dclone hunting and must have made 50 games in an hour or so before it happened.

Lich It

Diabloii.Net Member
I have been having a lot of problems on USEast rejoining games that I make for people like hell cows. Like 'game does not exist' or 'game is full' and quite a few RD's too. Hope it clears up soon.

LegolaSBR

Diabloii.Net Member
Lich It said:
I have been having a lot of problems on USEast rejoining games that I make for people like hell cows. Like 'game does not exist' or 'game is full' and quite a few RD's too. Hope it clears up soon.
i am geting this error too...

i try to make a game and it tells me "Game Does Not Exist" ?

Big Mog

Diabloii.Net Member
I have had a few RD's, but they are gettting MUCH worse recently. Got one yesterday afternoon, lasted until I went to bed. Hopped on today, had one about 2 hours ago and it still hasnt let up. I thought USEast was supposed to be famous for RDs?

SirDooFuss

Diabloii.Net Member
When I get RD's I figure it's the Gods of Diablo telling me it's time for a "real life" break. Give my wife a hug, check on my son's home work, etc.

Maybe it's bliz doing some preliminary work towards the next ladder reset? :clap:

Necrochild313

Diabloii.Net Member
Big Mog said:
I have had a few RD's, but they are gettting MUCH worse recently. Got one yesterday afternoon, lasted until I went to bed. Hopped on today, had one about 2 hours ago and it still hasnt let up. I thought USEast was supposed to be famous for RDs?
It is with me. I'm on another realm down right now.

Yesterday it happened when I created games, today it's happening when I leave them.

Theriverstyx

Diabloii.Net Member
when laddef first started for me, it took alot for a realm down...now, it takes 2-3 enters/exits to get r/d tohugh they dont last as long but the items are gone so :mad:

Arutha

Diabloii.Net Member
When i sign on it doesnt matter if i go super slow in joining games, and staying in the game a long time. Once i sign off i am realm down for a min of 30min, longest i have gone is a week of realm down, and 24hr rd is very common for me. Because of this i can only play once a day unless i leave the game running while i go away and do other things. I also cannot switch accounts because of this. I have no clue why this is and why it only happens when i am home from school, at my apartment i never get rd.

Darnoc

Diabloii.Net Member
Arutha said:
When i sign on it doesnt matter if i go super slow in joining games, and staying in the game a long time. Once i sign off i am realm down for a min of 30min, longest i have gone is a week of realm down, and 24hr rd is very common for me. Because of this i can only play once a day unless i leave the game running while i go away and do other things. I also cannot switch accounts because of this. I have no clue why this is and why it only happens when i am home from school, at my apartment i never get rd.
Do you have a different type of internet connection at home versus school?

Keltic

Diabloii.Net Member
i dont think u can prevent realm downs from occurring, but u can bypass it. just disconnect ur internet connection and connect it right back. you should be able to join immediatelly. only thing is, when u exit the game after returning, u will get another realm down. just do the internet connection thing again... its annoying but it works =P

Orphan

Diabloii.Net Member
Keltic said:
i dont think u can prevent realm downs from occurring, but u can bypass it. just disconnect ur internet connection and connect it right back. you should be able to join immediatelly. only thing is, when u exit the game after returning, u will get another realm down. just do the internet connection thing again... its annoying but it works =P
And it costs you nothing; oh, except for a local call (for dialup of course). If you have broadband, this might not work for you.

Keltic said:
...i sign off i am realm down for a min of 30min, longest i have gone is a week of realm down...
You really shouldn't experience a realm down for a week. It kind of sounds to me like your eggagerating a little bit there mate ;)