Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Realm Down??

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Senor Bezeer, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Senor Bezeer

Senor Bezeer IncGamers Member

Realm Down??

Im from USwest nonladder, and ive been experiencing a long realm down. I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing this same annoying experience with me, and may have some insight on whats going on??

2. Oddity

Oddity IncGamers Member

Here's what the people on b.net's forums like to paste whenever somebody talks about realm down, maybe it can help?

The possible causes are:
    • Going in and out of games too quickly (most common cause)
    • Spamming text in the chat channel (often associated with bots)
    • Rapidly connecting/disconnecting to Battle.net (often associated with bots)
    • Repeated attempts to use an invalid CD-Key
    • Repeated use of an incorrect password may lock an account login for your protection
    • Repeated use of third-party programs (hacks) – these include but are not limited to sending bad packets, flooding the server(s), and the use of hack programs
    • Going in and out of accounts/characters too quickly
    this can last from 5 minutes to 48 hours

3. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

there is the possibility that the realm is down.

ive heard of 48 hour realm downs, not sure how you get them, but you may have one.

4. ShikYaku

ShikYaku IncGamers Member

I'm from Europe and have realm down for 7 hours now. I dont get often realm down and if i got, then only for 5-10 minutes. This time its also the first time i have realm down for several hours. Reason? I really have no idea. I was duelling, i had charge bug with paladin so i quit the game, then poof...realm down. I'm not trying to connect cause i think i will have a 24 or 48 hour minimum so i try in 2 days :)

5. Senor Bezeer

Thanks for your help. I dont have any hacks associated with my accounts or any other 'illegal' third party programs, but this may be caused from switching accounts and characters to quickly, (i have 2 full accounts). This is the only cause that I can see having an affect on my realm down. Id say that this is also probably one of those longer realm downs since it has been about 20 hours or so. thx again for your help.

6. front243

front243 IncGamers Member

Long Realm downs are usually because you try to reconnect too often. Or so I heard. Try to wait at least 30 minutes before reconnecting on a realm down.

7. Senor Bezeer

Ok, thanks. I'll keep that in mind. And come to think of it I have tried connecting quite often after I seen the realm was down.