Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Realm Down

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by let's have a look, Apr 3, 2005.

1. let's have a look

let's have a look IncGamers Member

Realm Down

Been away for about a year, just started playing again last week.

Has blizzard changed the rules regarding Realm Down messages?

Last time i played if you ran a boss for more than 10-12 times in a row you were almost garenteed a "Realm Down". But i'v been running meph for just more than an hour on the last few days and haven;t got booted once.
    So today i go to mule some goods and i get booted from the Realm. Been almost three-quarters of an hour now and i still get "Realm Down"

Luckily I was done muleing, otherwise i'd be really pissed.

2. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

realm downs depend on how often you join games, how long you stay in them, and how often you change chars. They last up to 48 hours. if you keep on trying to log in (as a bot would do since these are bot preventing actions) the realm down will last longer.

3. BlasphemousMusic

BlasphemousMusic IncGamers Member

Things that get me r/d or temp banned and ways to prevent or stop them:

using scroll button on mouse to fast will give you a c/i. It used to be a way to dupe so I think thats why they made you get that. Prevention: slow it down

In an out of games many times over. Like going in and out muling, 5-10 times in a row quicky, will give you a temp ban on your cd key. Prevention: stay in game for AT LEAST 2 mins 30 sec. If you get a temp ban, don't sign on for 10 mins.

Act 4 last seal, or seal that won't open can cause c/i and r/d. Sometimes for some reason when rushing it doesn't want to let me open a seal. If you keep clicking on it, you'll get a c/i for sure and possibly a r/d. Prevention: Have your rushee click on it, or go away for a bit and get back to it.

Going in and out of games quicky can also give you a realm down, not just a temp ban. AS stated before it can last 48 hours, but generally lasts 1. Prevention: slow down! and also if you do get realm down and want to get on within less than an hour, change your ip address. Its easy if you use a router.

I am not a botter, maphacker, aa'er...etc and I get realm down for bad lag sometimes (like if you lag and keep clicking on things sometimes you'll get a r/d) and I don't fell its very justified, so I change my IP.

Mods, please don't ban on this, just trying to help non hackers out with tactics used to kill bots, but hurt EVERYONE in the process.

4. stpkong

stpkong IncGamers Member

If you get this message because of fast join & quit, go to the main menu and try to change the IP (or logout/login the network), login to battle.net again, it will allow you to enter the game one time for each new IP changed. If you are muleing, enter the game and get back all the things.