Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

REALLY REALLY stuck on Avenger weapon :/ Please help. ifra

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by RetroStar, May 1, 2005.

?

OTF VS. Community

1. OTF

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Community F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. DPB

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

REALLY REALLY stuck on Avenger weapon :/ Please help.

I've looked through my mules and found a few decent weapons. I've looked at the guide and it offered some basic uniques. I have the following to choose from and I dunno which one is the most useful.

Death Cleaver (non eth) - Nice dose of phy dmg + DS
    Fury Zerker Axe - Nice phy dmg + Open Wound
    Eth Razors Edge (zod'd) - Nice phy dmg + DS
    Azurewrath (cham'd) - Nice elemental dmg + sexy look
    Schaeffers - Really nice phy dmg + static\

Any help is appreciated.

2. theHATERSclub

theHATERSclub IncGamers Member

Scaeffers is too slow. Since vengence is based off phys damage, I would chose one the zerkers.

3. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

Azure! Its fast, its elementalboosted, you get sanctuary (Wohoo :p ), and you said it.... great looks.

4. RetroStar

Would speed matter in a Vengence?

5. tinncann25

tinncann25 IncGamers Member

yep...i would go azulwrath all the way as well, but it takes lvl85 to use

in the mean time something fast will do

6. Cadet

Cadet IncGamers Member

That unique Dimensional Blade (can't remember name) would be a decent low-mid lvl weapon until you could use Azure...

7. Liquid_Evil

Liquid_Evil IncGamers Member

You are going to want a pretty beefy physical dmg weapon. A guide author suggests this:

Beast, BotD, Griswolds (Complete), Stone Crusher, Shaefers, Asterons, Redeemer, and Runemaster are some of the better choices imo. Out of what you have listed I would prolly opt for the Razor's Edge s/Zod or Shaefers.

You must remember that the more physical damage you have, the more elemental damage you'll have.

8. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

I wouldn't recommend the Redeemer for Vengeance. At best, it's 180 avg dmg for Vengeance, at 10 fpa. The +dmg found on the Redeemer, Astreon's, Stone Crusher and Grief doesn't add to Vengeance elemental dmg.

9. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

I'd say Schaeffer's Hammer, it's a godly weapon, just make sure you hit an acceptable attack rate.

10. RetroStar

The str req on it is quite beefy e,e

Also I just acquired a Doom Zerker. How would that fare with the others?

11. koeraokse

koeraokse IncGamers Member

eth zod'd Razor's edge, its fast, and it has some nice adds like ow and ds, that will make killing easier a bit, but oath is a good choise too, and it not expensive ...

:cheesy:
    *priit

12. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

+(175-225)% Enhanced Damage
    40% Increased Attack Speed
    33% Target Defense
    50% Chance of Open Wounds
    50% Deadly Strike

Can't argue with those mods :) if the DC was eth I'd take the DC ofcourse, but you want as much phys dmg as possible. Razors is [0] with 40 ias, so you hit 9fpa with lvl 20 fana and with lvl 27 fana you hit 8 frames. That's if the calculator I used is correct, and I didnt screw up :p

EDIT: .... I just realised how silly that was. Without fana you'll only hit 11 fpa >.<

HoD

13. Liliel

Liliel IncGamers Member

Possible 370%ED, 45IAS, +2skill, Freeze Target, HF Aura, 20%DS... it sounds very nice to me! If it's lacking in damage compared to others, I dare say the HF aura makes up for it. Max Resist Cold and Salvation and you get considerable damage boost in both Vengeance and HF.

14. RetroStar

Though I don't think I'll have that many skill points to place into those. I think I'll go with Eth Zod'd Razors and use Gimmershred on switch for IM.

Also I'm on NL so no Oath for me.

15. discfor1

discfor1 IncGamers Member

Give Nord's a look.
    Decent damage, fast, freezes, cold damage and bonus to hit.

========================
    +(270-330)% Enhanced Damage
    Hit Freezes Target +(2-4)
    +25% Increased Attack Speed
    Level 16 Blizzard (12 Charges)
    (150-180)% Bonus to Attack Rating
    Cold Absorb (5-15)%
    Adds 205-455 Cold damage Chills for 5 seconds

16. Mr.Popo

Mr.Popo Banned

if u play in pubs, doom zerker will be the best choice for avenger. (the holy freeze and vengence both recieve syngery from cold resist) Not to mention it slows down ppl. Good dmg, ds, ow, good speed, the best weapon for avenger.

If u play in duel league where ppl consider doom bm, then go with either famine, fury, nord, bstar.

17. chicagobullit

chicagobullit IncGamers Member

i'm currently working on an avenger right now. i've tried all sorts of weapons. i found that nords works great in PvM. it does decent physical damage, and it slows down a pack of monsters when your surrounded. the ar boost is a great bonus too. when i find a near-perfect one, i'm gonna socket it with a shael.

18. RetroStar

I dont think AR is really needed since conviction lowers defense anyway.

19. vdzele

vdzele IncGamers Member

My lvl 91 avenger is using these items:

Death RW (eth ettin axe) with 365%ed that makes 232-470 weapon damage.

(25% Chance To Cast Level 18 Glacial Spike On Attack; Indestructible; 20% Bonus To Attack Rating; +50 To Attack Rating; Adds 1-50 Lightning Damage;7% Mana Stolen Per Hit; 50% Chance of Crushing Blow; +45% Deadly Strike; +1 To Light Radius; Level 22 Blood Golem (disabled; not rechargeable); Requirements -20%; 100% Chance To Cast Level 44 Chain Lightning When You Die)

Andariel's Visage (+365 defense; +2 to all skills; 20% Increased Attack Speed; 10% Life Stolen Per Hit; +28 To Strength; +10% To Maximum Poison Resist; Poison Resist +70%; Fire Resist -30%; 15% Chance To Cast Level 15 Poison Nova When Struck; Level 3 Venom) with a jewel: 15% Increased Attack Speed / +13 maximum damage

Leviathan (1703 defense; +48 To Strength; Damage Reduced By 23%; Indestructible) with a jewel -15% req / +5 min damage

Blood crafted gloves (53 defense; 20% Increased Attack Speed; 3% Life Stolen Per hit; 10% Chance of Crushing Blow; +13 life; +21 fire resist; + 2 bow and crossbow skills)

Nosferatu's Coil (60 defense; Slows Target By 10%; +2 To Mana After Each Kill; 7% Life Stolen Per Hit; +15 To Strength; 10% Increased Attack Speed; -3 To Light Radius)

Highlord’s wrath (+ 1 to all skill levels; 20% Increased Attack Speed; +34% Deadly Strike; +35% lightning resist; 1-30 lightning damage; attacker takes damage of 15)

Raven frost (+248 attack rating; +19 dexterity; 15-45 cold damage; connot be frozen; cold absorb 20%; +40 mana)

Rare ring (+113 attack rating; 4% Mana Stolen Per Hit; 8% life Stolen Per Hit; +20 life; 21% lightning resist; 12% fire resist)

Upgraded Gore rider’s (>200 defense; 30% fast run walk; 10% chance of open wounds; 15% deadly strike; 15% crushing blow; req -25%; +20 maximum stamina)

Herald Of Zakarum (~ 480 defense; Chance To Block: 82%; 30% Faster Block Rate; 20% Bonus To Attack Rating: +20 To Strength; +20 To Vitality; All Resistances +50: +2 To Paladin Skill Levels: +2 To Combat Skills) with UM rune.

Annihilus (+1 to all skills; +12 To All Attributes; 20% to all resistances: 10% To Experience Gained)

Total’s offense: ~3300-6700 damage; 85% IAS that gives 2.5 attacks per second; 94% deadly strike; 65% crushing blow; -150% to enemy resistance; -92% to enemy defense; >10000 attack rating; 28% LL; 11% ML; Slows Target By 10%; 10% chance of open wounds

Total’s defense: ~19000 defense (when defiance aura activated from my merc); 80% resist all (85% res poison); 23% physical resist; 75% chance of blocking; Connot be frozen; cold absorb 20%.

20. RetroStar

That's a pretty damn expensive setup. :/