Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

really, really bad 1.13 baal drops

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by amon ra, Jul 11, 2010.

1. amon ra

amon ra IncGamers Member

really, really bad 1.13 baal drops

as you can see from thread title i've got problem with baal drops (on hell of course). to elaborate. i'm zealot with 250 MF and while i was on 1.12 within first week of baal runs i got HOZ shield and by the end of third week he dropped almost perfect 2 os Crown of ages and Griswold's valor and lots of other really cool and expensive stuff. its been months of baal runs in 1.13 and the best drop was Stormchaser scutum, common magic ring and 5000 gold. i read on this forum that rune drop chance is multiplied especially for HR. once i did get HR for lvl 3 char. it was ort i think. is this happening to anyone else or just me? do i have "bad" 1.13 patch?

2. BAMFSpecialOps

BAMFSpecialOps IncGamers Member

Re: really, really bad 1.13 baal drops

Ort is not a HR, however they drop a lot more often it seems. I personally have not done too many Baal runs, the ones that I have done I really have not noticed any drop in his drops.

3. amon ra

amon ra IncGamers Member

i know ort isn't HR. i was sarcastic. you know that lvl 3 char can't do baal runs on hell, right? my point is that i can get this stuff doing act 3 nightmare. and while everybody is quoting blizzard how drop chances for almost everything is much higher my experience tells me that they decreased it. in my case

4. Gorny

Gorny Banned

It's all luck.

That's it in a nutshell.

5. Pailon

Pailon IncGamers Member

I been having the same thing except that I never played 1.12 I recently have been random Boss running and Diablo has given me better drops than Baal... I've never had that happen
    Best Hell Baal drops:
    Full Sigon Set
    2-4 pieces of Isenhart set
    various unique low lv crap
    Best Hell Diablo drops:
    Griswold Heart
    Ik pieces (5 of 6 still want soulcage)
    Natalya pieces (3 of 4)
    Aldur pieces (3 of 4)
    Tal-Rasha pieces (3 or 4 of them not sure how many though...)
    etc. I think you get it now..

Try running Diablo is my only suggestion. Sides, Diablo is waaayy faster than Baal runs.

Note-This information is based upon a month ago till today. I have made appx 30-70 runs a day depending on how much I was at home. This is based my expierience and my MF was 325%.

6. SeCKSEgai

SeCKSEgai IncGamers Member

I honestly can't believe you're complaining. Prior to patch 1.13, I saw one vex drop in my entire time playing the game. Since the new patch, in my own runs alone I've seen more mals, ums, puls, guls, Lo's, vexs, and jahs.

As for drops, just like Gorny said, you were initially just lucky, as it's all a matter of long term in the end. I've had multiple sojs drop in every patch I've played except for the current one, but I've also gotten drops I have never had before and a lot more self-found hrs.

It's all a matter of numbers. There will be times where drops are nothing but good stuff, but prepare yourself for long droughts too as it evens out.

7. amon ra

amon ra IncGamers Member

this is why i opened this thread. to see if anyone else got same situation as me. one saying this - is dumb ***, two - it's a hunch, three and more - Houston we have a problem. and thrust me there are more players but they just didn't see this.
    please leave your comments here about baal drops on hell.

8. nicro tower

nicro tower Diablo: IncGamers Member

I've gotten a Shako and Dungos off Baal already, and I've seen a pair of Treks drop, so I'm not complaining. Seriously, it is all just luck, though I believe they actually increased the drop rates for 1.13.

9. SeCKSEgai

SeCKSEgai IncGamers Member

If you ever looked at the actual chances for particular items to drop, you'd be amazed they drop at all.

I was actually looking for comparisons for tc87 drops and a forum member actually did better with pits, or ancient tunnels, one of those.
    I've had a jah, ohm and a griffon's drop going after baal - jah in the wsk and the ohm and griff off the waves. Baal hasn't dropped anything memorable - but that's not a surprise, which isn't all that surprising considering how many TC choices he has.